Whats DME like at 11am?

Ciara

Original Poster
Last time we flew in at 5am and of course the airport was deserted. We got to the hotel quickly and we got very lucky with our room being ready. We can do this exact flight again but feel like we may not get lucky this time and we are tossing around the idea to arrive at a more reasonable time, there is a flight arriving at 10:45am. My only concern is, is DME packed at that time? Will it take us 2+ hours to get to the hotel? We are hoping to have our flights booked by end of day! Thanks :)

Nala92

We always arrive around that same time and have never had any issues with DME. Typically from land time with stopping for bathroom break and coffee before going down to DME area to arriving at the resort is about an hour for us. It may depend on which day you are flying in. We usually arrive mid week.

Ciara

Original Poster
We always arrive around that same time and have never had any issues with DME. Typically from land time with stopping for bathroom break and coffee before going down to DME area to arriving at the resort is about an hour for us. It may depend on which day you are flying in. We usually arrive mid week.

Perfect! we would be flying in on Wednesday

Weather_Lady

We've typically arrived between 11am and 1pm -- and in most cases have been fortunate enough to be on a bus within 10 minutes of our arrival at the Magical Express podium, and at our resort in less than an hour from the moment our plane touched down. I think the longest we ever waited for a DME bus was about 20 minutes, even with the switchback lines filled to capacity.

Last edited:

Thecorsi4

We arrive about 1:30 from Colorado. wait is not to bad, once was amazing and we walked on to bus the other times have been about 30-45 min. stop grab a drink and potty break for the kiddos and wait for the magic to begin

slappy magoo

We usually drive so we've only had one occasion using DME. Between the fact that it was Saturday, and around 9am, and we had no experience using it so we thought "let's all go to the bathroom first and then get on line" versus "let's get on line and then take turns all going to the bathroom" it was over an hour before we were on a bus.
Next week I'm going on a super short trip, without my wife and kids and without a checked bag. I'm not making that mistake again, I'm going to be like OJ Simpson running through that airport!*

(*OJ Simpson in those old car rental commercials, not OJ Simpson slow riding in the back of the Bronco).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom