whatnots

wylde75

Original Poster
With the recent surge in popularity for the Muppets, why doesnt Disney put a Whatnot Workshop similar to the one in FAO Schwartz near Muppet vision in hollywood studios?

wylde75

Original Poster
true, but they may like to have one that is similar to them or their child. I think it could do as well if not better then the one in New York. Besides, They sell puppets in Epcot in one of the pavillions that are just as large as the Whatnot puppets.

JIMINYCR

http://www.fao.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11534102

Im not sure that allot of people are going to want to spend $100 or more on a puppet that is not one of the main characters. Then you have the issue of getting a fairly large souvenir back home.

I don't know about that. I see a lot of people splurging on big ticket items in the Disney shops. A $100 or more bill on an item isn't rare. And anything Muppets will sell. My wife wouldn't be opposed to spending it :lol: And we've shipped home many large purchases that wouldn't travel well in a suitcase. I would welcome the appearance of a Whatnot shop on property.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't know about that. I see a lot of people splurging on big ticket items in the Disney shops. A $100 or more bill on an item isn't rare. And anything Muppets will sell. My wife wouldn't be opposed to spending it :lol: And we've shipped home many large purchases that wouldn't travel well in a suitcase. I would welcome the appearance of a Whatnot shop on property.
I do not doubt that there would be a market for it, I just doubt that the market is large enough the make a theme park location profitable. To make matters worse, "profitable" is no longer good enough when it comes to merchandise. It has to be "insanely profitable" to make it in this day and age.

wylde75

Original Poster
I still think if you put it in the muppet gift shop or just off the muppet gift shop, it would do well. You could have it made then shipped back to your hotel or home. Package deals for the whole family. Something like 100 bucks a muppet or 3 for 250 or somthing for the whol family. I dont know, maybe my wishfull thinking lol

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I still think if you put it in the muppet gift shop or just off the muppet gift shop, it would do well. You could have it made then shipped back to your hotel or home. Package deals for the whole family. Something like 100 bucks a muppet or 3 for 250 or somthing for the whol family. I dont know, maybe my wishfull thinking lol

I drop a lot of money on Disney souveniers and stuff. I bought a monorail set, SSE, castle, poly and enough track to go through two rooms. I wouldn't buy a generic muppet. Maybe it's just me but I don't think it's a big enough money maker for he parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom