What you miss the most?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I miss being tracked. When I leave the parks I look at my MB and say "Guess no one is watching anymore"..............maybe they are..........................maybe they're always watching.
I would be shocked if they didn't collect and analyze the GPS data from the MDE app on the phone...even when off property.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

You know an attraction that I enjoyed from time to time was the Who Wants to be a Millionaire thing at HS. I'm not saying it was the best thing ever but I think it was definitely better than everything that has been put there since. Didn't it initially get removed for the Narnia thing?

GVentola

Living in Orlando and being an annual passholder, I don't really miss anything because I can just go back next week. (I am so blessed and grateful for it!) But I do miss extinct attractions of yesteryear, like If You Had Wings, World of Motion, and the original Test Track that replaced it.
P.S: BRB1006--I do miss the old way they did the Emporium windows, with motion and featuring whatever Disney animated movie was current. I meant to catch the Hat Lady, but she disappeared before I got the chance. Good to see the film clip, to see what I missed.

Goofyernmost

I would be shocked if they didn't collect and analyze the GPS data from the MDE app on the phone...even when off property.
Just curious... can you think of a reason that they would spend the time, personnel and energy to collect and analyze anything that has nothing to do with them at all? Have you been fit for one of Spirit's tinfoil hats lately?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Just curious... can you think of a reason that they would spend the time, personnel and energy to collect and analyze anything that has nothing to do with them at all? Have you been fit for one of Spirit's tinfoil hats lately?
1) Because it doesn't take them any extra time
2) Because it doesn't require any additional personnel, and not much in terms of storage space either (comparatively).
3) Because God modes and backend logging is a standard feature, even if the target of the app knows it exists or not.
4) Because, finding out where and when people log into the app, to include areas well outside of the LE BT receivers within the parks, is useful information.
5) Because data collected from GPS at time of app auth during opening is far more accurate than polling data at a later point.

I can continue.

Goofyernmost

1) Because it doesn't take them any extra time
2) Because it doesn't require any additional personnel, and not much in terms of storage space either (comparatively).
3) Because God modes and backend logging is a standard feature, even if the target of the app knows it exists or not.
4) Because, finding out where and when people log into the app, to include areas well outside of the LE BT receivers within the parks, is useful information.
5) Because data collected from GPS at time of app auth during opening is far more accurate than polling data at a later point.

I can continue.
Don't bother, it's all paranoid speculation and I try to steer clear of that stuff. Especially, when and if they accumulate all that information it means nothing to me and changes nothing I do. If they get there jolly's watching where I go, then they need much more of a life then I do. But, just for the sake of discussion, let's assume that they did track us outside of the parks, they collect all the information that you mentioned and have somehow been able to compartmentalize the million and millions of people that this would entail tracking. Who in that organization is intelligent enough to analyze that information in a way that would be beneficial to a theme park operation. It would be a huge waste of time.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Don't bother, it's all paranoid speculation and I try to steer clear of that stuff. Especially, when and if they accumulate all that information it means nothing to me and changes nothing I do. If they get there jolly's watching where I go, then they need much more of a life then I do. But, just for the sake of discussion, let's assume that they did track us outside of the parks, they collect all the information that you mentioned and have somehow been able to compartmentalize the million and millions of people that this would entail tracking. Who in that organization is intelligent enough to analyze that information in a way that would be beneficial to a theme park operation. It would be a huge waste of time.
I don't think it should impact you at all, nor should it concern anyone (you clearly allowed it when you gave the app access to location services).

But, to think that the data is any more or less valuable than, say, bluetooth tracking within a few feet on the park? Well...it certainly is.

And, they have plenty of analysts and consultants who are paid to tell them so. :p

Goofyernmost

I don't think it should impact you at all, nor should it concern anyone (you clearly allowed it when you gave the app access to location services).

But, to think that the data is any more or less valuable than, say, bluetooth tracking within a few feet on the park? Well...it certainly is.

And, they have plenty of analysts and consultants who are paid to tell them so. :p
Within a few feet is different then being tracked constantly. Also, I can tell someone I am an analysts and consultant, sell them on the fact that I can interpret what that all means, and not have a clue. Means nothing without having a solid connection to my (or anybody's) reason for being wherever we are whenever we are there. (other then in the park or just outside) Within the park... Bingo... all kinds of uses for that information even if it is something as simple as which direction you go in at the end of MSUSA. Where you eat, what rides you do, what path you take, what your preference in food selections, purchases and specifically your location for the purposes of crowd control. Otherwise, it's like my knowing when Bob Iger goes to the bathroom. Might be a way to indicated prostate problems, but, otherwise and directly, I have no reason to know or care.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Within a few feet is different then being tracked constantly. Also, I can tell someone I am an analysts and consultant, sell them on the fact that I can interpret what that all means, and not have a clue. Means nothing without having a solid connection to my (or anybody's) reason for being wherever we are whenever we are there. (other then in the park or just outside) Within the park... Bingo... all kinds of uses for that information even if it is something as simple as which direction you go in at the end of MSUSA. Where you eat, what rides you do, what path you take, what your preference in food selections, purchases and specifically your location for the purposes of crowd control. Otherwise, it's like my knowing when Bob Iger goes to the bathroom. Might be a way to indicated prostate problems, but, otherwise and directly, I have no reason to know or care.
There are plenty of reasons to know and/or care, especially in a market where you are competing heavily (even though they practically own the Orlando market, they still compete heavily to keep that). Though, I do agree with your underlying position, that lots of data doesn't necessarily mean quality data.

That said, it wasn't my statement. My statement was I'd be shocked if they didn't collect said data, and analyse it. Which, I stand beside.

Goofyernmost

There are plenty of reasons to know and/or care, especially in a market where you are competing heavily (even though they practically own the Orlando market, they still compete heavily to keep that). Though, I do agree with your underlying position, that lots of data doesn't necessarily mean quality data.

That said, it wasn't my statement. My statement was I'd be shocked if they didn't collect said data, and analyse it. Which, I stand beside.
You could be right, I doubt it, but, it is possible. The main thing is that the only reason why they would collect that information would be if they had the power to do anything about what they find out. What I do off their premises is completely out of their control, if it were, the prices would be a lot lower because they would find out that I go to Walmart or Target to buy "Disney" souvenirs at about 20% of what they sell it for and lower their prices so I will spend my money with them instead of someone else. So, therefore, I don't think that all that "I spy" stuff will really have a real impact on them to make it worth paying for analysis, etc. Now I suppose I can put the positive spin on it and say that it would be handy to have someone keeping track of my movements in the event of a real life Alien Encounter.
caughtontape.jpg

Glasgow

Ive come to the conclusion that besides the escapism and time with my family, my favorite part of visiting is the music. It just hits all of the right places and is inextricably tied to many positive memories. I put on Innoventions or Tree of Life BGM and I'm instantly transported to a better time and place.

Last edited:

TXDisney

I miss everything. But big things that stick out are...
Just seeing everyone for a whole week happy. Yes there's hiccups in any trip but generally speaking it's pretty rare the group we travel with isn't happy the whole trip.
I miss Epcot normally the most. My favorite day every trip is riding the rides in the morning then having drinks around WS in the afternoon and evening.
Fireworks. My wife and I try and see fireworks every night.
The wedding pavilion. That's where we got married so it'll always be special to us.
Then the about 10 rides throughout the 4 parks that I absolutely love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom