What you miss the most?

Smiley/OCD

When you leave Disney World, what is it that you miss most? For me I miss the little things, like just the sights, sounds, and smells from around the parks. Also I miss taking the Disney buses to the parks, Am i the only one?
Great thread...yes, for me too, it's the little things...The sign when you come off 4 announcing Walt Disney World...the bus announcements "Welcome to the WDW transportation system...we're on our way to the MK" (or any other park, but the MK is my favorite)...the Dole whips...and most, the giant sugar cookies from "The Writers Stop" in HWD...we were there the week they closed, and on the last day, they didn't have them...they had stopped baking them earlier in the week. I tried all the other sugar cookies at the world, and none compared to those!!! Oh yeah, and a new one I found on our trip...the mac & cheese in Germany at Epcot...EXCELLENT!!!
YUP!!! It's the little things!!

NickMaio

The Disney "Bubble" - - - - - Everything rocks inside the parks.
WDW is probably the only place in the world where we interact with 100's of grumpy people per day and they don't phase us one bit.
Whistling a happy tune.
CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK !!!

brb1006

Who else miss the "Hat Lady" at the London Pavilion in Epcot. I usually don't stop for street shows but it would had been alot of fun to watch and hang out with.

dukeaboy

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom...return service to your hotel is available at this station...ladies and gentlemen please collect your belongings and watch your head and step as you disembark...thanks for riding with us and have a wonderful day here at the Magic Kingdom...

HurricaneHanna

Strangely- my magic band. It won't unlock my front door, the grocery store won't take it and it won't get me to the front of the checkout lines. I like being special at Disney!
Doesn't it make you wonder though- why isn't there a band we can wear all of the time for opening doors at home, starting the car, paying for stuff?

parkhopper1213

Spending time with my son in a carefree happy place where we make good memories. What I never miss are the screaming kids, long lines and rude people with cell phones.

StarshipDisney

As others have said, I will just miss the "Disney Magic". But for me also because I know it will always be a few years between trips.

I always make a detailed itinerary. My last entry on the last day always reads: "Drive home from Disney. Start dreaming about next trip".

I guess the whole package of being a kid again. Not just the characters and the attractions and the resorts and the bubble. I feel like all I do in my adult world is "do". Family. Work. House. etc. As much as we're forced to prepare for today's trips and scrape away at our bubble with the damn phones, it's still the one place where I don't have to think or do - I can just "be" and feel like the CMs care about me and take care of me. Maybe that's one of the things that I miss about being a kid - feeling like someone will take care of you and you can just relax and enjoy your life. It's fun having fun.

That's it. I relax because I know if something is wrong, Disney will do everything they can to fix it. Also I miss spending a whole week with my kids where everyone is on board and no one is trying to go off on their own. For some reason conflict evaporates at Disney. Maybe it's because we all relax in the bubble.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I miss being tracked. When I leave the parks I look at my MB and say "Guess no one is watching anymore"..............maybe they are..........................maybe they're always watching.

Goofyernmost

I miss being tracked. When I leave the parks I look at my MB and say "Guess no one is watching anymore"..............maybe they are..........................maybe they're always watching.
I know what you mean. It seems like after you leave no one cares anymore. Sad really. I would hope that they always cared.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom