What will you do this 4 Day Weekend?

prberk

Day one work.
Day two work.
Day three work.
Day four work and set the DVR to record A Capitol Fourth. Love seeing and hearing real cannons used during the 1812 Overture.

In Richmond, Va., we actually have a local WWI memorial carillon surrounded by a park with an amphitheater, which gives us the almost unique ability to have the 1812 Overture performed as it was written: for orchestra, cannons (and fireworks), AND carillon bells. So, we have that every year there at the amphitheater next to the carillon -- and it is a truly awesome rendering of that piece. They say that we are one of only two places (don't know where the other is) that has carillon adequately situated to do that. It is amazing and always starts the fireworks program here.

Goofyernmost

Want to hear an interesting story about how a 4th of July weekend can go very bad? I don't know the entire details, because I didn't talk to the person personally, but, it seems that this person rented a car in Texas and took his son to NC for the weekend. Someplace on the way, I didn't ask where, he fell asleep at the wheel and side swiped a sturdy guard rail making a mess of the entire drivers side of the car. He did not take the extra insurance when he rented. He did drive it to the nearest Brand Rental office where he was forced to pay out his insurance deductible ($500.00) before they would give him another car. If you're keeping track he now has paid for the car rental plus five hundred. They transfer the luggage, etc. from the old car to the new one and proceeded to drive out that brightly warned entrance that had the spike strip across the entrance wiping out all four tires and then needed to pay an additional $500.00 deductible (separate accident) before they reluctantly gave him another car that he took out the actual exit and was on his way. If I was his son, I would have been hitch-hiking by then.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Want to hear an interesting story about how a 4th of July weekend can go very bad? I don't know the entire details, because I didn't talk to the person personally, but, it seems that this person rented a car in Texas and took his son to NC for the weekend. Someplace on the way, I didn't ask where, he fell asleep at the wheel and side swiped a sturdy guard rail making a mess of the entire drivers side of the car. He did not take the extra insurance when he rented. He did drive it to the nearest Brand Rental office where he was forced to pay out his insurance deductible ($500.00) before they would give him another car. If you're keeping track he now has paid for the car rental plus five hundred. They transfer the luggage, etc. from the old car to the new one and proceeded to drive out that brightly warned entrance that had the spike strip across the entrance wiping out all four tires and then needed to pay an additional $500.00 deductible (separate accident) before they reluctantly gave him another car that he took out the actual exit and was on his way. If I was his son, I would have been hitch-hiking by then.

That's an incredible story.
He'll never forget that experience as long as he lives!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom