What will come first a 5th disney park or a 3rd universal park?

orlando678-

Harry Potter won't work forever though. The popularity of this franchise is slowly decreasing. Maybe the fantastic beasts and where to find them will help, but I'm not sure. Also what other land could still be made into a real propper land.

Donald Razorduck

But you still have Aquatic, Wet N Wild, and the Two Disney water parks - surely overload?

It's a massive cost i'm sure, but they could overtake Disney if they were to build another park. At the moment Disney is vulnerable - hardly any new attractions, and ones that are planned are for years away. Disney Studios is bare thin too, a quarter of a day experience.

Build more capacity hotels agreed, but add another park, perhaps another Harry Potter Land in p, this new park - connect them all up, and you have really hit gold.

Themeing would be an issue ... to make it different and stand out. We have a movie studios, and a adventure park - but really they are one of the same thing. Another park should be strikingly different.

Depends on what the waterpark is don't you think? what if they went with something like Yas.

BrianV

Stupid question, but how do you get to wet and wild from universal? An on site water park would be great. Part of what makes universal so appealing to me is the compactness of the whole place and thus no need for car, bus or taxi. Staying at rpr is just about perfect for us as we can walk everywhere.

Maybe they could put in a monorail! Wouldn't that be funny... (Just fun off-hand comment. I realize this is not happening!)

JordanNite

Harry Potter won't work forever though. The popularity of this franchise is slowly decreasing. Maybe the fantastic beasts and where to find them will help, but I'm not sure. Also what other land could still be made into a real propper land.

Don't agree. While it may perhaps not be a phenemonem as it is with this current generation, it will be eternal ... mainly due it to being a great literary work, and works like that usually go on for generations - as seen by the works of Tolkien and Lord Of The Rings. These books will be introduced to new generations, after generations, and who knows J.K. Rowling may write another novel one of these days on that world.

Furthermore, in ten years time it's more than likely they will redo some of the films for a new generation.

If you are a parent, with a child under 13 you will be aware of how major these books are !

JordanNite

In terms of space, where will they build this water park, and in terms for future park development, i don't see much space to build anything more like another park.

Anyone with google earth style images to showcase areas?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't agree. While it may perhaps not be a phenemonem as it is with this current generation, it will be eternal ... mainly due it to being a great literary work, and works like that usually go on for generations - as seen by the works of Tolkien and Lord Of The Rings. These books will be introduced to new generations, after generations, and who knows J.K. Rowling may write another novel one of these days on that world.

Furthermore, in ten years time it's more than likely they will redo some of the films for a new generation.

If you are a parent, with a child under 13 you will be aware of how major these books are !

Not to mention that fact that Disney is doing their part to keep it alive by the movies on ABC Family on a regular basis.

JT3000

In terms of space, where will they build this water park, and in terms for future park development, i don't see much space to build anything more like another park.

Anyone with google earth style images to showcase areas?

The red arrow is Universal's remaining on-site expansion space, directly south of Cabana Bay (under construction in this photo.)

The blue arrow represents Wet n' Wild, its parking lot across the street, and the remaining undeveloped area southeast of the parking lot, all of which Universal owns.

UniEarth_zpsbb107b22.jpg

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The red arrow is Universal's remaining on-site expansion space, directly south of Cabana Bay (under construction in this photo.)

The blue arrow represents Wet n' Wild, its parking lot across the street, and the remaining undeveloped area southeast of the parking lot, all of which Universal owns.

UniEarth_zpsbb107b22.jpg

Rumor is that the new water park will go where the red arrow is.

Mouse Trap

Rumor is that the new water park will go where the red arrow is.

So if this is true, where is the rest of Uni's land they have apparently been buying? If this space is built on, a true 3rd gate would have to be somewhere quite a way off the main property, correct?

JT3000

So if this is true, where is the rest of Uni's land they have apparently been buying? If this space is built on, a true 3rd gate would have to be somewhere quite a way off the main property, correct?

That is all the land they currently own. Their old expansion site near the convention center was sold years ago.

Donald Razorduck

Well, a new waterpark would free up the Wet and Wild sith if it should close. Screamscape speculates that if it's a new waterpark being built south of Cabana Bay, it may have a large indoor element to it to capture more cool season business. Certainly makes sense considering the crap shoot TL and BB are this time of year.

IAmFloridaBorn

I don't think WDW Needs a 5th Gate.
Take Care of Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom first.

and Universal doesn't need a third gate (not 100% sure on that though). But before they do that, it would be wise for Universal to build on all of the empty plots and old buildings in both Universal and Islands of adventure (Which there are several rumors floating out there for such to take place) then do a 3rd gate.

matt78

I agree with this. The books still sell really well and they have new illustrated editions coming out starting in October.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
Well this might sound like a bit of a shock but I want to see Jaws return In a whole new way, bring back ghostbusters-since their rebooting the franchise, try to create a van gelding style type of ride...since their already is a maze over at UH I believe. Back to the future ehhhhh I'm not sure if its enough to bring back to universal. I'd love...love to see an Aliens area/land added to their third park but since if the third gate would be located around water near Wet N' Wild location not sure how that would work honestly. I want to see a jaws area called Amity Island...maybe we can see a New England village, with boats & docks....a fake beach..I'm being serious actually I think it could work. Make the shark a little more realistic and possibly scarier looking great white...this time I want to see Jaws try bitting the boat or bumping into it to make it more scary this time!!!!!! I do really miss the boat house with the dark over at USF the old jaws attraction...if universal could do a jaws ride with the boat going into a building pitch black like that again with Jaws lunging out of the water again great!!!!! I forgot the old jaws attraction used a couple of animatronic sharks I actually thought it was just one...if they could imagine if they could create one big shark...the real jaws I heard was at least 32 feet long of the coast of New York I believe...yea just have one great white stalking you the whole time on the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's if jaws is popular enough to comeback to universal. They would need a new film I think in order for it to come which I highly doubt will happen.universal Orlando do us a favor though please...please don't take down E.T!!!!! To much of a fan favorite. It will live on for a long time still in my opinion. One of universal studios most iconic attractions ever made.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom