Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Rivendell

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • No Castle

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
the majority of the slides won't be themed into anything like a mountain or rock, but on a tower.
Compare this to:
os-ipw-universal-volcano-bay-20160621

This!
typhoonlagoonmap.jpeg

blizzardbeach.jpg

Sorry if my Disney bias is showing, but due to the official universal map i have my doubts with the themeing. It might be a fantastic water park but the theming probably won't be on par with the Disney water parks.
I don't believe that the "map" Universal has put out there is supposed to be an accurate park map. It would be like basing an opinion of Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach based on this map.

Map_WDW_Resort.jpg

lazyboy97o

I don't believe that the "map" Universal has put out there is supposed to be an accurate park map. It would be like basing an opinion of Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach based on this map.

Map_WDW_Resort.jpg
Then that is stupidity on Universal's part. Bare structures don't need to be left bare on marketing materials.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
Then that is stupidity on Universal's part. Bare structures don't need to be left bare on marketing materials.
I think they just get a kick out of twisting Disney fanbois panties into a tight bunch. Only Disney fanbois are gonna be all, "OMG!!!! I can see water slides in their water park!!! OMG the SUCK!!!"

Everyone else is gonna be all, "Oh look! They are building a water park right next to their hotels!! Awesome!"

lazyboy97o

I think they just get a kick out of twisting Disney fanbois panties into a tight bunch. Only Disney fanbois are gonna be all, "OMG!!!! I can see water slides in their water park!!! OMG the SUCK!!!"

Everyone else is gonna be all, "Oh look! They are building a water park right next to their hotels!! Awesome!"
That is an even worse reason.

lazyboy97o

Universal is doing their own thing now, and don't really mind tweaking the noses of the "holier than thou" theme park aficionados.
You are ascribing to them the same "our customers are too stupid to notice" attitude with a heaping dose of pettiness. That's just as dumb as all of the excuses made for Disney.

BrianLo

Like how they clone attractions between resorts?

Ya, we are referencing the fact The Duloc castle has been built in Singapore. That's probably totally obvious to you, but figured some people here wouldn't know. USS is likely the least spoken about Uni/Dis park in these parts.

JT3000

Will they clone Singapore's Shrek area? Maybe. But if they do, we should at least have a dark ride or something to look forward to. They can't simply move Shrek 4D, which is what exists in Singapore's castle, without raising eyebrows. With that in mind, I think they'd be more likely to build something actually befitting of the grand facade.

You are ascribing to them the same "our customers are too stupid to notice" attitude with a heaping dose of pettiness. That's just as dumb as all of the excuses made for Disney.

I'd like to think they're assuming their customers are intelligent enough to figure out it's an inaccurate, bare bones depiction of the park. Because that's quite clearly what it is.

lazyboy97o

I'd like to think they're assuming their customers are intelligent enough to figure out it's an inaccurate, bare bones depiction of the park. Because that's quite clearly what it is.
It is part of the Resort map and intended to build interest. If the desire was the be inaccurate then there is still no reason to include bare slide towers.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
Will they clone Singapore's Shrek area? Maybe. But if they do, we should at least have a dark ride or something to look forward to. They can't simply move Shrek 4D, which is what exists in Singapore's castle, without raising eyebrows. With that in mind, I think they'd be more likely to build something actually befitting of the grand facade.

I think it's be hilarious if Universal opened a 3rd gate in Oct. 2021 with a tagline, Ride The Castles with 5 castles in the park. Far, Far, Away Castle as the Main Street>Hub/Castle. The Shrek dark ride inside the castle being a boat ride through Shrek's swamp.

Universal-Studio-Singapore-Ancient-Egypt-31.jpg

Passive aggressive much? Everything about Shrek is aping Disney. Katzenburg would laugh his ___ off.

Last edited:

SirLink

I think it's be hilarious if Universal opened a 3rd gate in Oct. 2021 with a tagline, Ride The Castles with 5 castles in the park. Far, Far, Away Castle as the Main Street>Hub/Castle. The Shrek dark ride inside the castle being a boat ride through Shrek's swamp.

Universal-Studio-Singapore-Ancient-Egypt-31.jpg

Passive aggressive much? Everything about Shrek is aping Disney. Katzenburg would laugh his ___ off.

What would be hilarious if they use some "fake" Disneyland 60th Small World-esque castle merch that incorporated the 5 castles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom