What was the original Journey into your Imagination?

Figments Friend

Well said.....

I agree...today's "new" attractions that replaced the originals will become tomorrow's classics for the new generation of Park Guests.

I can see how Disney is trying to bring Epcot back into the spotlight after a few slack years. I am happy for that, i am.....sorry if i gave the impression that i hate change and all. I like a lot of the newer additions and can totally understand why they are being done.

It's just hard sometimes to "let go" of a favorite! :animwink:

MKCP 1985

Figments Friend said:
Well said.....

I agree...today's "new" attractions that replaced the originals will become tomorrow's classics for the new generation of Park Guests.

I can see how Disney is trying to bring Epcot back into the spotlight after a few slack years. I am happy for that, i am.....sorry if i gave the impression that i hate change and all. I like a lot of the newer additions and can totally understand why they are being done.

It's just hard sometimes to "let go" of a favorite! :animwink:
I wholeheartedly agree. :wave:

Figments Friend

Well at least we still have the memories...and the video footage...and the ride loops music...and...and.....

EPCOT was never the same after the original JII was closed. The final blow for me came when Horizons was slowly destroyed right before our eyes. I look at the photos of the destroyed building and it can be really depressing!

Thankfully JII survived...at least in some respects. I think it's exciting to realize that there are still a few pieces of the old classic left, and that the Image Works is still in exsistance ( however small). When i think of these things, it gives me a nice Ol' warm EPCOT-te feel !

We are fortunate to still have Figment. I'm glad the Company listened to the fans and brought him back at least. They may never be able to bring back the original experience, but at least some of the music and Figments image is still being used.....and that's a good thing for this longtime Figment Freak!

SirGoofy

Figments Friend said:
EPCOT was never the same after the original JII was closed. The final blow for me came when Horizons was slowly destroyed right before our eyes. I look at the photos of the destroyed building and it can be really depressing

Yea imagine how I felt on one of my trips. I find out my favorite ride is closed for good(JII), and Horizons is closed and says this new "Mission Space" ride will open in 2001.

Figments Friend

Oh man.....

i feel for you!!

I rememeber when i went down and made the horrible "discovery" myself in 2000 that my favorite attraction of all time was gone ( JII)......it was crushing!

I was subjected to the utterly lame makeover with no Figment...or nothing else for that matter! It was so depressing....i immediately had to take comfort on Spaceship Earth. I needed some consolence that not all of my fave Omni dark rides were gone! Horizons was closed...well, actually it was a pile of rubble at this time i beleive. That was sad as i wanted to experience it again now that i was older and could probably appreciate it more then when i did in 85'. Now all i can do is watch my dim video copy.

After i rode the awful "rehab" version of Imagination, i immediatly voiced my opinion about it to one of the Cm's. I was cool about it...don't worry, i respect them and did'nt pull a nutty like some less polite Guests may have done! Anyway, i expressed my dissapointment and "demanded" that Figment be brought back! I guess they had already gotten used to hearing this from the fans of the original ride as every CM i talked to about it during my stay assured me the cry has been heard and Disney is re-doing the ride again to bring Figment back!

You can well imagine how glad i was to see him when i returned in 2002. It was great to have Figment's presense in the show again, but it still was'nt as good as i thought it could have been. It was basically just the crummy rehabbed version brightend up a little and a few Figment AA's (darn too few for me!) thrown in. It was better then the awful 2000 version though so i could'nt really be bitter. I still find it a "okay" ride....but it can't even scratch the surface when compared to the original!

FigmentJedi

Have you seen Marni's JIYI/JIIWF video? In the intro covering the history of the two, he used the Nightmare Room audio and some stormy exterior video for the part talking about the protest and the near susuquent stringing up Dr. Channing in Innoventions Square for all to see. Quite a clever touch.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m glad you noticed it - as Dreamfinder sings `a brand new show` I almost put a caption saying `far from it` but thought better of it. Thankfully, the audio and storm footage (that was some storm BTW) seems to have made enough impact. Thanks!

kiddreamfinder

Its comming back or at least he is thats right the one and only dreamfinder! You knoe without that ride id never have become the person i am today. And let me be the first to say i liked the 2nd version in comparison to the 3rd only because i like eric idle and they make him look kinda like a bad guy in the new one.

KentB3

This may be a rival site, but it's got a great description of the original ride. Just
reading it takes me back......

http://www.intercot.com/edc/Imagination/jiiscript1.html

I tried accessing the link, but all I got was:

We're Sorry Our Web Server
Is Apparently Confused...

The webpage you were attempting to access has either been moved, has vanished into thin air or you may have typed in the URL incorrectly. We are in the process of revamping our entire website to make it more user friendly. At the same time, we completely redesigned our directory structure... which is probably why you are here.

Please visit the INTERCOT homepage to find what you are looking for by clicking here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom