what was captain eo??

Maria

Captain EO was a 3D show starring Michael Jackson as Captain EO. I honestly don´t remember the storyline but I saw it and it was good. It was replaced with "Honey, I shrunk the audience".
:animwink:

Yellow Shoes

Yeah--it was a sci fi story. I remember it being way too loud and leaving with a headache.

It was one of those things touted as "absolutely don't miss" in the guidebooks (this was the pre-internet days)

It was also about 6 noses ago for Mr. Jackson........

Maria

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

It was also about 6 noses ago for Mr. Jackson........

ROFLMAO! :lol:

The newspaper today has a chronological chart of his "feature changes" with pictures. What a coincidence! :animwink:

Buford

I have the video to it - you can get it on Popkid's FTP server! I was never a fan of EO, I think I remember enjoying it the only time I went (in 1993).

It replaced Magic Journeys which I saw a LOOONG time ago at the Magic Kingdom - probably 1989 or so. But I was really young at that time, so I still have some memory of it!!

bamboo7

Originally posted by OneLittleSpark
It replaced Magic Journeys which I saw a LOOONG time ago at the Magic Kingdom - probably 1989 or so. But I was really young at that time, so I still have some memory of it!!

Unless i am mistaken, Captain EO didn't replace magic journey. Magic Journeys was from MK, and was replaced by Lion King. Captain EO was in the imagination pavillion, and was replaced by HISTA.

goofyguy

Originally posted by bamboo7
Unless i am mistaken, Captain EO didn't replace magic journey. Magic Journeys was from MK, and was replaced by Lion King. Captain EO was in the imagination pavillion, and was replaced by HISTA.

Actually, Magic Journeys was originally in the Imagination Pavillion. I believe it moved to MK when Captain EO replaced it.

bamboo7

Originally posted by goofyguy
Actually, Magic Journeys was originally in the Imagination Pavillion. I believe it moved to MK when Captain EO replaced it.

'ahhh, ok. i just knew that i could rememberseeing seeing it in MK.

CalDisney

Originally posted by Brooke
ohh thanks. micheal jackson at disney..thats kinda crazzyy:p

Well Not too Crazy:hammer:

At the time that attraction was at Disneyland
Micheal had a Pass to Club 33
Im not sure if he still does.

WDWspider

This was Captain EO:

Attachments

• eo.jpg
    eo.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 251
I used to love Captain EO. I really don't know why. Know that I think about it the thing was really stupid ,but I was only 4,5,or 6 so you can kinda see wh I liked it.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Disneyowner182
I used to love Captain EO. I really don't know why. Know that I think about it the thing was really stupid ,but I was only 4,5,or 6 so you can kinda see wh I liked it.

Well, the whole fighting with Music concept of Micheal's was pretty cool, on up until his Alien Disguise started falling apart these past few years. :hurl:

Egged

Captain EO in my opinion was much better then Honey I Shrunk The Audience.Well, for me.I don't like Jackson, but it was pretty cool.

Al

Re: Re: what was captain eo??

Originally posted by spider-man
This was Captain EO:

micheal screamed "IN A FEW YEARS I WILL LOOK LIKE THAT CREATURE ON MY SHOULDER! HURRAH!!!" :rolleyes:

EchoOfOphelia

It also featured this Borg Queen-esq woman with mechanical tentatcles hanging from the ceiling. I don't remember the story line very much but I do remember liking it as a child. As I can remember was that Michael was a spaceship captain and wore white leather and danced around a lot. Oh and that the 3D glasses kept falling down my face. :lol:
Anybody have a picture of the "Borg-Queen" monster they could post?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
The evil woman used to scare me SO BAD! Her black outfit that made her like undjulate from the ceiling with what looked like black tubes and everything. But she got pretty at the end and then her and Michael joined sides and danced and sang together.

I still have a huge stuffed animal of the elephant from Captain EO that was like grey with green splotches and wore a mesh tank top! What was his name?? Anyone remember??

Anyhow, I used to love the preshow with the "Makin' Memories" song. My favorite part of the song was at the end when the woman would say "Look at the birdie!" :lol: I still sing that song in my head every so often.

*Delicious Dish voice* Good times, good times. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom