What to wear - Female question

KrzyKtty

Sorry if this question is a bit too taboo period you can delete it if necessary.

Ladies, I need help finding bras for my trip to Walt Disney World. I'm just not sure that my normal set that I wear everyday is going to cut it for 12 plus hour days at WDW. Being Italian I have been blessed with curves. I am in the triple D to Double D range depending on band size. What bras do you prefer to wear to the parks if you will be there from morning until late evening. My normal set doesn't really help with sweating so I really don't think it'll work.

We will be there mid June.

Spectro

Any trip from June - October I find I need to return to room to shower and change for evening. Unless you stay in the air con attractions all day. But I feel your pain - underwired supportive bras and hot humid Florida weather are very uncomfortable no matter what size you are. I find halterneck support tank tops the best.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

If you can afford it and if you don't plan on doing laundry while on vacation (it is a vacation after all), make sure you have one per day while there. You'll feel better not reusing a skanky, sweaty one. :hungover:

Upvote 0

TARDIS

I use non-padded cotton ones with underwire, padded soak up sweat bad so mine is literally just a swatch of fabric and work great for hot weather and support. Since you are my size Bravissimo.com is where I shop and most of theirs don't have padding. Bring a few and just do a load of laundry halfway through.

Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
As someone else suggested, Bravissimo might be a good place to look (they have stores only in Great Britain but luckily will ship to other European countries). I too am the same cup size and for running I use their active multi sports bra and it still feels fairly dry even on longer runs, so I would imagine any of their sports bras would do the trick. The smallest cup size is a D, so they definitely specialize in larger cups. I also read about Knix Wear this weekend in a running magazine; I went on their website to look at their sports undies, and there are reviews from larger cupped-size women raving about their wireless bra (all their products are made of wicking materials). While I doubt the bra would work for sports, it may do the trick in the Orlando humidity.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
As someone else suggested, Bravissimo might be a good place to look (they have stores only in Great Britain but luckily will ship to other European countries). I too am the same cup size and for running I use their active multi sports bra and it still feels fairly dry even on longer runs, so I would imagine any of their sports bras would do the trick. The smallest cup size is a D, so they definitely specialize in larger cups. I also read about Knix Wear this weekend in a running magazine; I went on their website to look at their sports undies, and there are reviews from larger cupped-size women raving about their wireless bra (all their products are made of wicking materials). While I doubt the bra would work for sports, it may do the trick in the Orlando humidity.
So UK bra sizes run the same as USA?

Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
So UK bra sizes run the same as USA?

I guess so - I'd done a fitting at Soma when I was in the States but I also know my U.K. dress size because I'd been in London the same year. So I'm not sure if I didn't hesitate to order the same size as my US bras or if I guessed based on my U.K. dress size. By the way, check out their clothes (Pepperberry) - it's so nice to have a few pieces of clothing that fit in arm length AND can close over the chest ;)

I can't remember if all the sports bras have the same oddity, but they have a double closure on the back - which is probably why it provides such great support. At first I kept thinking I couldn't use it unless my daughter helped me with the upper closure, but then I realized I could close that one before putting it on (and then slip the bra over my head like a t-shirt) and just close the bottom as i would a normal bra.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom