What to do the morning of MNSSHP?

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
Have 3 young kids so want to make sure we don't overdo it the day of MNSSHP and to make the most of the party but want to do something. We are staying at AoA so we can do breakfast at resort, pool a bit but what else can we do without overdoing and not making kids bored either.

Any suggestions?

belledream

I think a leisurely morning at the food court and pool is a good choice (although swimming can be exhausting so don't overdo it like you said). You could bus to MK in the afternoon so you're already in the vicinity and spend some time resort hopping around Contemporary/Polynesian/Grand Floridian until you enter MK at 4. Ride the monorail or boats for fun, play/relax on the Poly beach, listen to the band at GF, etc.

Conversely, you could spend more time at Disney Springs or the Boardwalk, but I'd be inclined to take it easy and limit travel so you can all be fresh and ready for the party!

largemarge

We went last year and just slept in, had breakfast, and then spent quite a bit of time getting into our costumes! We left our offsite hotel at around 2 and just snacked and hung around The Polynesian until we were able to get into MK. I agree with taking it as easy as possible because there's lots of fun to be had at the party!

jloucks

Have 3 young kids so want to make sure we don't overdo it the day of MNSSHP and to make the most of the party but want to do something. We are staying at AoA so we can do breakfast at resort, pool a bit but what else can we do without overdoing and not making kids bored either.

Any suggestions?

Our kids were 10 and 12 years old ish when we did the same thing (so not young but sorta middle aged). We slept in a little the day of (till about 9am) and then went to the park until around 3 pm. Went back to the hotel and relaxed for an hour or so and changed into our costumes. Headed back to the park around 4-5 ish. Partied all evening! Gave the kids larger than normal amounts of sugar and caffeine to keep them going all night. I think we made it back to the hotel around midnight. Was fun. Candy corn ice cream is amazing btw. Try it.

We all had party hangovers the next morning so we slept in again till 9-10am.

tractor tipper

Disagree with all of the above. I think you should rope drop a different park and then take a nap after lunch time. Getting the extra sleep in the early afternoon will leave everyone better rested for the party than sleeping in that morning. The next morning is when you want to sleep in.
I think we're in trouble. Will be doing party on 9/10 then EPCOT for F/W the next day for a two day dash to WDW.

thomas998

As another poster suggested get up early and take a nap in the early afternoon. Depends on the ages as to how long the nap should be but remember that a shorter nap under 20 minutes of real sleep time will work best for most people... if you sleep much longer then you run the risk of waking up groggy unless you sleep for several hours.

As for doing a rope drop, that kind of depends on the kids and whether they are going to be walking or riding in strollers. Walking will take a lot more out of them and a nap for recovery might not be enough to keep them from crashing before the party ends... So if you are going to have them walking I wouldn't do a park. Do a breakfast, maybe mini golf, maybe a water park for a couple of hours....

But give yourself about an hour and a half to get your kids in their costumes and yourself to the park so time your naps properly so you can be at the park at 4:00pm.

Also a few things to remember is that you need to bring your own bag for candy. Yes they provide bags if you don't have any but they are very small poor excuses for a bag that are generally worthless unless your desperate... Also if you have young kids hit the first parade so that if they are worn out and tired you wont feel like you lost out by missing the last parade... and that's another thing to remember with small kids... You aren't likely to make it from the start until the close of the party, at least not with kids that are still awake so honestly don't even plan for that to happen... If it does great... but assume they will be falling asleep by 10:00 and plan things you just have to do accordingly.

sgtmgd

As some have suggested the real issue is the next day, If you're only doing MNSSHP you have lots of options, Ride the entire Monorail loop around the resorts and then catch the EPCOT monorail. While on the loop stop off a the resorts and take a look around... you have lots of options but Id definitely plan on being there at 4pm and consider sleeping in the next morning if time permits

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Also a few things to remember is that you need to bring your own bag for candy. Yes they provide bags if you don't have any but they are very small poor excuses for a bag that are generally worthless unless your desperate...
If you forget to pack a goodie bag, you can always pick up a pillowcase from the room and use that... ;)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If you forget to pack a goodie bag, you can always pick up a pillowcase from the room and use that... ;)

Or purchase one of the Halloween themed shopping bags in the park...

Yea, that treat "bag" they hand out is pathetic.

OP, remember, it will still be very warm at night for the party, so consider that when planning a costume. We're going September 1st. My costume will be a Disney Halloween t-shirt, shorts, comfortable shoes and a pair of Halloween ears. And a very BIG treat bag - they hand it out by the handfuls and it's the good stuff.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks all! Would you think it'll be too much to do H&V breakfast, maybe TSMM, head back to resort to nap and be at MK around 3:30?

If you don't have an AP, your party ticket won't let you in until 4:00 pm, so you'll be standing around until then.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I have regular admission ticket not just a party ticket.

You're not going to burn an admission ticket to enter the MK at 3:30, are you? Because unless you bought park hopper, I don't think you can use another day on your multi-day ticket to get into a 2nd park the same day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom