What time of the day can I actually start booking my FP+ selections?

SaskDaddy

Original Poster
Hello all!

My Disney World trip is booked and, much like so many other dads out there, my mission is to get my daughters in to meet Elsa and Anna. I am able to start selecting my FP+ on May 15th. Does that mean as of midnight on May 15 I am able to do so? If so, is that midnight Orlando (Eastern) time, or midnight (Mountain) where I live?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

cw1982

Yep, midnight EST.

Keep in mind, though, that A&E are filling up pretty much immediately. You should be able to book them for some point on your trip, but if they are a top priority for you, be prepared to look for them first and plan the rest of your FP+ around that one. What people are reporting is that they are generally having to book A&E for later days in their trips, as for most people, the spots on their first day are already booked by people whose 60-day window started before theirs did. So, if your trip is Monday through Saturday, you'll probably be more likely to find times for A&E starting around Thursday.

I hope that helps! :)

cw1982

Thanks so much! Hopefully I can make this happen.

How many days is your trip? If you can plan one of your MK days for the last day or two of your trip, I would say you'd probably be just fine. Just be prepared to be online at midnight on the 15th :)

SaskDaddy

Original Poster
Hi!
Sadly, we are only there on the 16th. Originally, we were not going to go to Disney World at all, as we have been there the past couple of years. But, my girls' Frozen obsession, as well as the new Dwarves coaster made us decide to visit for one day. We are staying at Sports on Monday night, and are going to hit MK hard on Tuesday. Hopefully, we can get the meet and greet.

Charlotte's Mum

When we booked our fastpasses on Saturday morning (uk) for our 2 weeks in June there was no availability for A&E other than standby for the whole 2 weeks. Luckily my daughter will be 19 months isn't aware but I can imagine it's a nightmare!

Good Luck

G8rchamps

Guess what has two thumbs and Anna and Elsa FP reservations....that's right, this guy!

We are 60 days out from our trip in June, but the whole length of stay opened up this morning. We are checking in on Sunday and I got M&G Thurs, Fri, or Sat which are actually 64, 65, and 66 days out (but avail due to resort reservation). While I am thrilled to have gotten this, what a mess!

Hello all!

My Disney World trip is booked and, much like so many other dads out there, my mission is to get my daughters in to meet Elsa and Anna. I am able to start selecting my FP+ on May 15th. Does that mean as of midnight on May 15 I am able to do so? If so, is that midnight Orlando (Eastern) time, or midnight (Mountain) where I live?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
First off make sure you are all set up on My Disney Experience, it will let you know what day you can start booking your fp's, it is midnight on the 14th going into the 15th if you can start booking on the 15th. I would start by putting in ONE person at a time, if your daughters are under the age of 7 then you will need to click on one of them AND an adult. Its been a crapshoot for alot of people. If you are staying off property, it is impossible (trust me I know I am leaving in 25 days and have been unable to get even one fp for them and have been on at midnight every night trying the next day!) but those staying in the park and booking 60 days in advance have had good luck with the one at a time booking! Good luck! Hope it works out for you! :)

First off make sure you are all set up on My Disney Experience, it will let you know what day you can start booking your fp's, it is midnight on the 14th going into the 15th if you can start booking on the 15th. I would start by putting in ONE person at a time, if your daughters are under the age of 7 then you will need to click on one of them AND an adult. Its been a crapshoot for alot of people. If you are staying off property, it is impossible (trust me I know I am leaving in 25 days and have been unable to get even one fp for them and have been on at midnight every night trying the next day!) but those staying in the park and booking 60 days in advance have had good luck with the one at a time booking! Good luck! Hope it works out for you! :)
There have also been some problems booking with the app so use your computer at home!

SaskDaddy

Original Poster
Thanks! Will try the one at a time route.

Two more questions:

1. What are the different times of the day that one can choose for FP+ selections?

2. If there are no FP+ available what time do A and E start meeting people? Meaning, if we head to them right after rope drop, is it possible we could get in within an hour?

SaskDaddy

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice!

rjstone

Stayed up last night until midnight to make my fast past selections (60 days out). I was shocked at how smooth everything went...not a single issue. They have a 'select all' button so you don't have to make your selections one person at a time. Everyone in my party(4) will ride all rides together...made it easier. To make my selections I hit the select all button to select all folks in my party, picked which park on what day, picked 3 rides (3 FP per park), confirmed order of importance for the 3 rides chosen, select which option I wanted(they provide options with different times for all 3 rides...each option consist of the 3 rides you select and recommended times) last step confirmed my selections....done. Took me 20 min to pick 3 rides per park for six days...we go to some parks more than once.

Once you have the rides you want...you can go back later and change times where needed...very easy so far.

Post on this thread and forum as a whole are very helpful. The best advice IMO was to use your computer and not you iPhone or iPad. When I simply try to access MDE with my phone or iPad it seems glitchy. I used my laptop last night...no glitches...yet. I picked our 2nd MK day for AE and completed those selections first...then went to work on the other parks/days for our trip.

I hear they are adding another AE...two at a time. So if you can't get a FP maybe lines won't be as long as they were at Norway in Epcot.

Last edited:

cw1982

Thanks! Will try the one at a time route.

Two more questions:

1. What are the different times of the day that one can choose for FP+ selections?

2. If there are no FP+ available what time do A and E start meeting people? Meaning, if we head to them right after rope drop, is it possible we could get in within an hour?

1. FP+ times, as long as they are available, can be chosen pretty much any time from park open to park close. I've heard someone say you can't use them during EMH, but we do know for sure that during regular park hours they offer FP+ all day.

2. If there is no FP+, A&E start meeting people as soon as the park opens, possibly even before if the park opens a few minutes early. If you can't get a FP+, your best bet is to be there 15-20 minutes before MK opens and head straight to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom