Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

LisaBelle

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray! You started your TR!!! Where to begin…Totally understand having a hard time taking off the magic band when you returned home. That was a true Disney blues moment for me as well. So glad you didn't miss your flight. Very happy to hear you loved Wilderness Lodge. Isn't it the best?! Anna and Elsa ears :happy:! So adorable. Wish I had some of those. Our Olaf cut outs didn't have umbrellas. Love that you bought an Olaf stuffed animal. I did, too. I just love him. Oakens Trading Post was sooo fun. I get sad when I am in a line somewhere and no one Woo Hoos at me LOL! Thought the Frozen fireworks were incredible. Second only to Wishes IMO. Jealous you could see the castle from your room. Can't wait to read more!!!!

stevehousse

What an awesome day! So, u enjoyed Hollywood and Vine! I have only heard bad things about the place, but ur pics made it look good! Would u recommend?

Also, ur room is pretty sweet! The updated rooms there look really good! How has the transportation been from the hotel?

Can't wait to read more!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Great TR as always..love the pictures. Makes me miss my "home" and your TR is a great way to help with disney depression I should probably write one...though,is it weird that I coupe with not being there with downloaded songs from the parks on my ipod and i listen to them at work? :cool:

I listen to Disney Pandora all the time at work! LOL!

Whoa buddy! Look at you go! I haven't even uploaded my photos yet lol!! I'm excited to follow and I will share my magical adventures too, one of these days. Still recovering!

I'm crazy.. haha! It was just so much fun and I don't want to forget it! My short term memory is better than my long term. I wanna go back!!

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray! You started your TR!!! Where to begin…Totally understand having a hard time taking off the magic band when you returned home. That was a true Disney blues moment for me as well. So glad you didn't miss your flight. Very happy to hear you loved Wilderness Lodge. Isn't it the best?! Anna and Elsa ears :happy:! So adorable. Wish I had some of those. Our Olaf cut outs didn't have umbrellas. Love that you bought an Olaf stuffed animal. I did, too. I just love him. Oakens Trading Post was sooo fun. I get sad when I am in a line somewhere and no one Woo Hoos at me LOL! Thought the Frozen fireworks were incredible. Second only to Wishes IMO. Jealous you could see the castle from your room. Can't wait to read more!!!!

Thank you for reading! I had a lot to catch up on with your report! Looks like you guys had a blast and yes, wilderness lodge is the best!!! I want to go back! Olaf gets me through my post Disney days, hope yours does the same!

What an awesome day! So, u enjoyed Hollywood and Vine! I have only heard bad things about the place, but ur pics made it look good! Would u recommend?

Also, ur room is pretty sweet! The updated rooms there look really good! How has the transportation been from the hotel?

Can't wait to read more!

We read some bad reviews before saying what the heck and making an ADR there. There was a picture of a chocolate fountain that persuaded us. It was actually really good! I would eat there again for sure! I don't think you can go wrong with buffet!

We mostly took the boat, and it did come every 15 to 20 minutes. Didn't have any problems with transportation. :)

Disneydreamer23

Is it sad to say I've been waiting for your tr I re read your previous one often to help me fight my disney depression thank you for writing such awesome reports! Do you have your next trip booked?

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Is it sad to say I've been waiting for your tr I re read your previous one often to help me fight my disney depression thank you for writing such awesome reports! Do you have your next trip booked?

NO :( :( :( I'm not sure yet when I will be back!! I am trying to convince my boyfriend to do the Alaskan Disney cruise, but we will see!

mrdrift

Great start to your second wonderful trip. So much Frozen in the MGM park which makes it so beautiful. Some really good pictures in your report. Following along.

Ariel1986

And look at this view from our balcony.. HELLO?!

IMG_1899_zps2e9155fa.jpg

Yes, you are correct; we could see the castle from our balcony! Could this trip get any better? We freaked out for a good amount of time before showering and calling it a night. We were exhausted, full, and exuding happiness. This is the definition for a perfect night’s sleep.

AWESOME view!! What a score! What room type did you have?

LOVING the trip report!! Great first day. And I like the idea of trying food places you haven't done before, that's always my aim!

Looking forward to the rest of the trip and the cruise! I haven't been on one either but would like to one day!

DisSplash

Woohoooooo! Let the big summer blowout begin!!! I have to say that I was so excited to see your trip report pop up on the list! It has been a monstrous and stressful week at work, but your trip report will help make it all better. Ahhh, (free) Disney therapy. So, I sat and read it straight through and LOVE it! Here is what I love about it so far:

- Your Elsa and Anna ears - you have inspired me to make fun accessories with my daughter for our next trip (whenever that may be)
- Your dallying at the airport (OMG, what were you thinking?!!!)
- Your first impression of the WL and that you forgot to check in at the counter because you were so absorbed in the awesome sight that is the WL (be honest - you reached up and tried to touch the ceiling didn't you?)
- That Turkey leg as a snack and shout out to Thanksgiving!
- That you got to go with your best friend again
- Your pics of HS and the Frozen-mania all over the place. I've read other accounts of this "Cool" Frozen summer, but your long view shots of HS really gave me a sense of what it was like to actually see it
- Creepy ToT CMs
- Your selfies with Walt -- I am so taking one of those next time I go.
- That you dipped a tater tot into mashed potatoes -- GENIUS!! What's better than potatoes? MORE potatoes!! I swear that is something I would do, therefore we must be related somehow and if we did some digging, I would just bet that we are probably first cousins twice removed on our family's "Disney side"
- That movie. So adorable, and it made me tear up. Yes, it was totally obvious that you and your friend were on Top of World!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
AWESOME view!! What a score! What room type did you have?

LOVING the trip report!! Great first day. And I like the idea of trying food places you haven't done before, that's always my aim!

Looking forward to the rest of the trip and the cruise! I haven't been on one either but would like to one day!

I eventually want to eat at every restaurant on property! Hopefully, one day this feat will be accomplished!

We had a woods view room on the 6th floor.. woods view, castle view.. makes sense! LOL

The cruise was AWESOME :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Woohoooooo! Let the big summer blowout begin!!! I have to say that I was so excited to see your trip report pop up on the list! It has been a monstrous and stressful week at work, but your trip report will help make it all better. Ahhh, (free) Disney therapy. So, I sat and read it straight through and LOVE it! Here is what I love about it so far:

- Your Elsa and Anna ears - you have inspired me to make fun accessories with my daughter for our next trip (whenever that may be)
- Your dallying at the airport (OMG, what were you thinking?!!!)
- Your first impression of the WL and that you forgot to check in at the counter because you were so absorbed in the awesome sight that is the WL (be honest - you reached up and tried to touch the ceiling didn't you?)
- That Turkey leg as a snack and shout out to Thanksgiving!
- That you got to go with your best friend again
- Your pics of HS and the Frozen-mania all over the place. I've read other accounts of this "Cool" Frozen summer, but your long view shots of HS really gave me a sense of what it was like to actually see it
- Creepy ToT CMs
- Your selfies with Walt -- I am so taking one of those next time I go.
- That you dipped a tater tot into mashed potatoes -- GENIUS!! What's better than potatoes? MORE potatoes!! I swear that is something I would do, therefore we must be related somehow and if we did some digging, I would just bet that we are probably first cousins twice removed on our family's "Disney side"
- That movie. So adorable, and it made me tear up. Yes, it was totally obvious that you and your friend were on Top of World!

I love your reply! :)

We got our ears off etsy, they were a big hit with the CMs! People kept asking where they could buy them. I want to be creative next time and make my own pair... they were so sparkly and cute!

And, we must be related. Carbs with carbs on top.. what could be better. I think that screams healthy diet all around.

We made a movie for each day, they are so much fun to watch. It adds a little more to the memories than just pictures!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Day 2!

We ended up waking up SUPER early the next morning. Like, wow it's still dark out early! For some reason we thought the Magic Kingdom opened at 8 AM for Extra Magic Hours, but it turned out we had looked at the wrong day! Oh well, the alarm's went off and like I said before, no sleep in the world! I swear I wake up earlier on Disney vacations than I do for work. We got up and got ready to go!

Self-timer Haha!Such a cute little Disney family.

IMG_1917_zps45c2f9d9.jpg

Headed down to Roaring Fork from some breakfast and we were some of the only guests awake. The early bird catches the worm, or the best muffins! Muhaha..

I love that you can toast your own bagels, and take as many cream cheeses as you want. I like to overload that baby.

IMG_1918_zpsa6775d6c.jpg

We decided to walk around since we had a good hour to kill. The resort was stunning as the sun was rising. The sky's awake, so I'm awake!

As you all know, my pictures are the worst… and some of these shots look decent!

IMG_1923_zps0e9d490f.jpg

IMG_1921_zps365c312d.jpg

Just going for a morning swim.. no big deal!

IMG_1924_zps035d6c96.jpg

I think the man cleaning the pool thought I needed some help... Haha!

IMG_1925_zps24c7897a.jpg

If you get a chance to explore in the wee hours of daybreak, do it! Most of the world is missing out on the sunrise, and the wonderful morning. The Wilderness Lodge looked best at daybreak, I must say! It gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling that today was going to be another perfect day. And another scorcher!

IMG_1927_zps08b230ff.jpg

Wake up sleepyheads!

IMG_1928_zps8f712f11.jpg

Fire Rock Geyser's mist.

IMG_1930_zps9b83d962.jpg

And my friend posing on the bridge to the boat. It was a scenic walk just to the transportation sites. Ugh, Disney! You make real life seem so boring.

IMG_1929_zps715a843e.jpg

The birds were chirping to signal the beginning to our day. Wilderness Lodge even has a natural soundtrack... those were real birds I heard, right?!

:)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
The resort is beautiful, did I say that before? Sorry for the overload of pictures... but I just cannot narrow it down! I am trying to portray my feelings in photographs, but they do not do it justice. Isn’t that always the way?!

Memory is a funny thing. Nothing will ever compare.

IMG_1931_zpsc387c49f.jpg

IMG_1932_zpseef537be.jpg

Selfie game not so on point. I'm not sure what I was trying to capture in the background! Stretch long arms, stretch!

IMG_1934_zps7f6432e0.jpg

Sunglasses made us look 100 times better. What a lifesaver. The Florida heat melts the makeup right off your face, but throw some shades on and no one has to know. Don't tell anyone my secrets. :p

IMG_1935_zps8ed05a13.jpg

The bar doesn’t open until 11? What is this?! It’s five’o’clock somewhere!
My friend improvised with some coffee. LOL

IMG_1936_zps49117d7a.jpg

The resort even has a private beach! You could see the electrical water pageant right from the comfort of your own resort. Wilderness Lodge, oh you’ve stolen my heart.

IMG_1937_zps06324764.jpg

And you can go fishing!

IMG_1939_zps0e09e792.jpg

IMG_1940_zps50c0950e.jpg

The details are to die for. Can I wake up to a waterfall out my door everyday? Not only is it pretty to look at, but the sound of it is just so tranquil. My moments of relaxation were found listening to the falls. If you have a minute to listen, it really calms you down! We were tackling Disney at such a fast pace this go around, since we were limited to only four days. It was nice to do a 360 spin and look at all the wonders of our resort. It was a feast for the eyes. Am I too cheesy?!

IMG_1942_zps7c846f94.jpg

We don't look like we're in Florida! The resort transports you. :)

IMG_1941_zpsbb4b9ff2.jpg

We kept joking, saying "what time is it?" We didn't wanna miss the boat! When one would ask "What time is it?" we'd both glance down at our magicbands, I swear it felt like a watch. We would then giggle and scream in unison, "It's Mickey time!!" There's a mickey head imprint on the bands if you haven't seen already!

I feel like I check my watch all the time at home, (is work almost over?) and it felt like such a relief to look down and see not the time but Mickey's head. We rush through life constantly, waiting for the end of work, or the weekend to begin, that we don't really appreciate life in the moment. Mickey made us smile and reminded us to live in the present. We were soaking up that magic ;)

Have a Happy Labor Day everybody! I'll be away but I'll see ya real soon! :)

LisaBelle

The video of your first day made me tear up! You girls looked like you were having the time of your life. Loved it! Forgot to comment on your dipping the tater tot in your mashed potatoes. I would soooo do that. You need to scrape up every last bit of the mashed potatoes, right? Why not use the tater tots :joyfull:? When I read about the Frozen Fun at HS I realized that I totally forgot to mention the snow in my TR :banghead:. Don't have any idea how I could have forgotten that. I'd heard about Disney making it snow in Florida at Christmas, but didn't realize they'd do it for Frozen. I guess I didn't have any pictures of it, but I thought I did. Maybe Allie was taking them on her phone and forgot to send them to me. Delighted that you loved Wilderness Lodge. I was afraid it would not live up to my hype. Have great weekend. Can't wait to read more of your report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom