Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

Mom@disney

Yeah! I loved reading your last trip report and look forward to reading this one! You have so much love for all things Disney that it shows through your words. Love the Anna and Elsa ears. We are going to Wilderness Lodge on our upcoming trip...our first trip to a Deluxe! Where was your room located?

slowjoe170

Just like everyone else here I've been waiting for your next trip report, especially since we're going to the Wilderness Lodge in December once again. Hopefully the renovation work will be done by then.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Yay and oh no. Yay as the trip report has started I can't wait for the rest. (I joined the forum last year just to comment on your last TR, you may remember?) and no as I am sad you are home, and don't we all know how painful that feels. Those Disney blues stay with me most of the year!
Loving the report so far, you have the passion I have for Disney but you express it so well. I phoned Disney yesterday and had a tear when I put the phone down and then just danced around the room in sheer happiness, if I could live in Cinderellas castle in Magic Kingdom I would be a very happy lady!
Looking forward to following along

I will have the disney blues until I book my next trip! Ugh.. coming home is so hard! I love calling Disney when they play the ride music.. makes me so happy :)

Great report.

You MUST stay at GF - we were there over New Year 2009 and had a great time

One day I will be there!! :)

Great start to your trip report. Glad to see you did not miss your flight, that would have been a disaster.

OMG Yes, I would have died! Missing my flight home is another story though.. lol

Awesome start!! Can't wait to read more :)

Thank you :)

Great trip report so far. It makes me so excited for my upcoming trip in just over a month. I look forward to reading the rest as you post it.

I am SOOOOOOO jealous of you! Can I come?![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Yay!! You started your TR already! Can't wait to hear about the rest of it, especially the cruise!

The cruise was AMAZING! Just you wait!! :)

Wooo!! I feel like I'm almost as excited for your TR as I am for my own trip. (Okay, that's not totally true). Still, yay, yay!

Haha! I am glad I had a wonderful time or IDK what I could report back to you!! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I've always enjoyed your trip reports, I think I've seen all of them. IMO, they are the best of the best! I'm going this weekend, to Epcot Saturday night, DHS Sunday morning and MK Sunday night. I just got a new camera, so I'll be taking lots of pictures. Maybe I'll do my first trip report, we shall see!

Do it!!!

I'm loving the food report just as much as the rides. But, no way I inhale that Turkey leg like you guys did..holy cow. I'd go Pork Shank at Gastons, but no Turkey legs..

Ive never done Wilderness Lodge either, great pics!

We killed that poor dead bird haha

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
This is a great TR. I can read the excitement. Oh and all my luggage is mocha rouge too :)

Best pattern ever! Besides the Disney ones that is LOL

Yay! You started your TR. So excited to read. We were there the 17th-21st so I'm excited to see how you filled your days versus what we did. It was so so HOT that week.

Wasn't it?! It didn't rain at all when I was there! So unlike Florida!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Yeah! I loved reading your last trip report and look forward to reading this one! You have so much love for all things Disney that it shows through your words. Love the Anna and Elsa ears. We are going to Wilderness Lodge on our upcoming trip...our first trip to a Deluxe! Where was your room located?

Our room was a woods view, off to the left of the building. It was on the sixth floor.. I'd request top floor! You can see a lot if the trees let you peek through :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We didn’t have our next fastpass until the finale of the day showing of American Idol, so we were free to wander.

IMG_1806_zps3241d57b.jpg

IMG_1807_zps76229bda.jpg

IMG_1809_zps00d8ed92.jpg

IMG_1812_zpseec5f45e.jpg

IMG_1820_zpsa7423c1a.jpg

After our photoshoot in Arendelle, we wanted to travel back into the golden age of movies! The Great Movie Ride is one of my favorites. Fa-la-la-la-la HOLLYWOOD.

IMG_1824_zps05524d99.jpg

IMG_1826_zps531f5a2f.jpg

We paid our respects to Robin Williams, may he rest in peace.

Star Tours had a twenty minute wait, and it looked like it might rain, so we headed that way.

Creepy 1980 style glasses!

IMG_1830_zps0eb12174.jpg

It was a little girl’s birthday on our ride, and the CM made everyone sing to her. She also got to be rebel spy. She was just beaming, it was too cute! I swear, it’s the little things people!

It didn’t rain after all, thank goodness; we left our ponchos at the resort! We were trying to think positive this go around.

We ended up moving our dinner reservations to later; we were still stuffed from lunch. Who eats lunch and then two hours later eats dinner? I don’t know what we were thinking but thankfully it was so big deal to switch the time.

We went back to shopping and wandering, two things we do best!

IMG_1831_zps3bd28659.jpg

IMG_1833_zpsbb223378.jpg

Halloween merchandise was out in full force! One day I want to go to Disney for Halloween!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We browsed the ears selection, what do ya think?

IMG_1834_zps9cb42091.jpg

Can’t resist this beauty!

IMG_1839_zps9ff60686.jpg

I found Alex and Ani, yet they didn’t have Ariel! I bought a filigree Mickey one and swore I would find Ariel before the trip concluded. Here I am celebrating my shopaholic tendencies!

IMG_1840_zpsc9aa3e5b.jpg

Walked up and down through all the stores, and then noticed there was a dance party going on! This screamed us all over it, surprised we were not the first guests to be invited! Haha!

IMG_1841_zps3ab09e08.jpg

IMG_1845_zps02d0f07e.jpg

IMG_1847_zpsbec4a634.jpg

IMG_1849_zps44a38210.jpg

IMG_1851_zps648ef2da.jpg

It was so crazy to see all the characters out busting moves! It was incredibly hot, I don’t know how they do it! After dancing for about 10 seconds I was breaking out into a sweat! I respect the Disney characters in a whole new light right now!

After moving and grooving, we had to leave the crowd and get some fresh air! We also had the photopass CMs take some pictures of us! We didn’t do photopass this time, but still asked the photographers to take a picture with our camera as well, and they turned out pretty good!

IMG_1855_zps2db5bca4.jpg

IMG_1854_zpsd1221605.jpg

It really might be the coolest summer ever!

Mom@disney

We didn’t have our next fastpass until the finale of the day showing of American Idol, so we were free to wander.

IMG_1806_zps3241d57b.jpg

IMG_1807_zps76229bda.jpg

IMG_1809_zps00d8ed92.jpg

IMG_1812_zpseec5f45e.jpg

IMG_1820_zpsa7423c1a.jpg

After our photoshoot in Arendelle, we wanted to travel back into the golden age of movies! The Great Movie Ride is one of my favorites. Fa-la-la-la-la HOLLYWOOD.

IMG_1824_zps05524d99.jpg

IMG_1826_zps531f5a2f.jpg

We paid our respects to Robin Williams, may he rest in peace.

Star Tours had a twenty minute wait, and it looked like it might rain, so we headed that way.

Creepy 1980 style glasses!

IMG_1830_zps0eb12174.jpg

It was a little girl’s birthday on our ride, and the CM made everyone sing to her. She also got to be rebel spy. She was just beaming, it was too cute! I swear, it’s the little things people!

It didn’t rain after all, thank goodness; we left our ponchos at the resort! We were trying to think positive this go around.

We ended up moving our dinner reservations to later; we were still stuffed from lunch. Who eats lunch and then two hours later eats dinner? I don’t know what we were thinking but thankfully it was so big deal to switch the time.

We went back to shopping and wandering, two things we do best!

IMG_1831_zps3bd28659.jpg

IMG_1833_zpsbb223378.jpg

Halloween merchandise was out in full force! One day I want to go to Disney for Halloween!
Already Halloween merchandise! If I could, and I mean if my hubby would agree to it, our house would be decorated in Halloween all year round. Our compromise is that my Mickey ghost bucket can be out in my kitchen lol

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
It was almost time for idol so we headed back to that area of the park. Had to stop and take a selfie with the man who started it all!

IMG_1858_zpse08911fd.jpg

I love you, Walt! Why oh why can’t you be my long lost twice removed uncle or something!? I want to be in the Disney family… PLEASE!! Somebody trace my family tree, I think something’s definitely not right!

IMG_1859_zpsa5edf382.jpg

My friend found her stuffed animal for this trip.. good old alien! We pick the randomest things, I know!

IMG_1861_zpsa73febfb.jpg

The American Idol show was really good… I am sad that it is leaving. Let’s hope something even better takes it’s place. I used to also really love Who Wants to be a Millionaire… I was upst when that left the park. We really enjoyed our show and had three awesome singers! It was hard to vote!

A woman from the UK ended up winning, and she had such a beautiful voice. She said she sings when she cleans and takes a shower, man I wish I could sing! I sing in the privacy of my own car, when I am driving all by myself, LOL…She was so cute when she won, I was really happy for her.

A random man took our photo, and he kept making us move and slide this way and lean that way, we were really excited to see how the photo would come out.

IMG_1864_zps710fcc24.jpg

Um??? We look deranged, LOL.. but I guess that’s no fault but our own!

It was nearing 8 PM.. guess it was finally time for some grub. Hollywood and Vine! Buffet here we come.. Mmmmmm

Plate 1

IMG_1866_zps13e2871a.jpg

Plate 2

IMG_1867_zps449724d7.jpg

(Don’t judge us, we eat from the kiddie sections as well)

Plate 3

IMG_1868_zps3acbc950.jpg

I must admit, I ate EVERYTHING. Sick, I know! Buffets will be the death of me! I am ashamed to confess, I even dipped a tater tot into my mashed potatoes. Eating potatoes dipped in potatoes, I think my diet has hit an all time low. LOL

We sat around in the air conditioning and let the food settle for a little, before it was time to head outside and get seats for the firework finale!

IMG_1870_zps57dc05ab.jpg

IMG_1871_zps83f12aeb.jpg

You can from our faces it had already been a long day, but there was no way we were going to miss this! We both had never ever seen fireworks at Hollywood Studios! Yay, Disney bucket list getting it’s checkmarks. :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Anna and Elsa, and even Olaf came out to excite the crowd. Everyone loves the frozen soundtrack, now can you imagine that soundtrack accompanying fireworks?! Dreams do come true!

Olaf shared photos of us day with guests at the park, we hadn’t hashtagged any of our photos on social media so unfortunately our faces weren’t displayed on that big screen. :( Olaf had a really awesome day though, if I do say so myself.

IMG_1877_zps63fc3a96.jpg

IMG_1885_zpsf956b179.jpg

IMG_1886_zpsf8fe429c.jpg

We were blown away! At the end, Elsa makes it snow! It’s just so surreal. We made our way to the exit amidst flurries of snow.

It was finally time to check out our room! And beds, oh they were calling our names.

Our room was on the sixth floor, and the air was cranking!

IMG_1891_zps48654117.jpg

The details just blew me away.

IMG_1892_zpsd12a557c.jpg

IMG_1900_zpsf7a19d6e.jpg

IMG_1901_zps8ba518a5.jpg

IMG_1905_zps6e0ab005.jpg

And look at this view from our balcony.. HELLO?!

IMG_1899_zps2e9155fa.jpg

Yes, you are correct; we could see the castle from our balcony! Could this trip get any better? We freaked out for a good amount of time before showering and calling it a night. We were exhausted, full, and exuding happiness. This is the definition for a perfect night’s sleep.

But first…

IMG_1911_zps8453e662.jpg

STACEY!! Oh I’ve missed you.

And another amazing trip had just begun. :)

Mom@disney

Anna and Elsa, and even Olaf came out to excite the crowd. Everyone loves the frozen soundtrack, now can you imagine that soundtrack accompanying fireworks?! Dreams do come true!

Olaf shared photos of us day with guests at the park, we hadn’t hashtagged any of our photos on social media so unfortunately our faces weren’t displayed on that big screen. :( Olaf had a really awesome day though, if I do say so myself.

IMG_1877_zps63fc3a96.jpg

IMG_1885_zpsf956b179.jpg

IMG_1886_zpsf8fe429c.jpg

We were blown away! At the end, Elsa makes it snow! It’s just so surreal. We made our way to the exit amidst flurries of snow.

It was finally time to check out our room! And beds, oh they were calling our names.

Our room was on the sixth floor, and the air was cranking!

IMG_1891_zps48654117.jpg

The details just blew me away.

IMG_1892_zpsd12a557c.jpg

IMG_1900_zpsf7a19d6e.jpg

IMG_1901_zps8ba518a5.jpg

IMG_1905_zps6e0ab005.jpg

And look at this view from our balcony.. HELLO?!

IMG_1899_zps2e9155fa.jpg

Yes, you are correct; we could see the castle from our balcony! Could this trip get any better? We freaked out for a good amount of time before showering and calling it a night. We were exhausted, full, and exuding happiness. This is the definition for a perfect night’s sleep.

But first…

IMG_1911_zps8453e662.jpg

STACEY!! Oh I’ve missed you.

And another amazing trip had just begun. :)
Awesome view!

SDisney90

Great TR as always..love the pictures. Makes me miss my "home" and your TR is a great way to help with disney depression I should probably write one...though,is it weird that I coupe with not being there with downloaded songs from the parks on my ipod and i listen to them at work? :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom