What Things Today Would Walt Disney Have Never Done or Be Out RAGED ABOUT.

anchorman314

Well I guess my original point is that it won't happen anymore. So now you can comment that Disney doesn't do what other local restaurant do.
Not quite. The chefs just aren't going to automatically come out when a reservation is flagged as having allergy concerns. From the article on the main site: "For any allergies that are not covered by the menu, or if you prefer to speak to a chef, that option remains available."

So all this change means is that those guests with allergy concerns will have a more streamlined dining experience. If they are comfortable with the menu, great. If they still have concerns, the chef will still be available.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Your original point was that it's a "Disney Difference" which implies that Disney cooks were the only ones to come out and speak to you if asked.
We never asked they just came out when we asked about how dishes were made. I love wdw but I,m am not an excuse maker when they need to be called out on changes that I don,t feel are necessary. Break down the change to basically a plus or a minus and I make it a minus.

Goofyernmost

I think celebration is very relevant in the discussion it is a self contained planned community.
Was is the correct way to put it. It is now just any other community in central Florida. It didn't work just like EPCOT was destined not to work. We, as a society, are not hard wired for that degree of control over our lives. Disney might have made it work, but, as we found out, he couldn't live forever and once he was gone, so goes the community.

righttrack

• I think he'd be impressed with the high standards of innkeeping that the resorts have started and maintained.
  • I don't think he'd mind the corporate sponsorships as he leveraged those himself.
  • I do think he would mind cheap promotional vehicles for movies, etc, like Tron monorail wrap, Stitch TPing the castle, etc. He wasn't into the short-term gain.

Magenta Panther

Yes that's true, I think Walt was the man with the dream and desire to do this, unless there is a family member that will step forward and carry the torch it will be left in the hands of bean counters with no idea. I kind of thought that Eisner understood what he was custodian of and tried to carry on the dream more than Iger does. I could be wrong but Isner seemed to have the personality to make you at least think that he understood.

I'm not a huge fan of Eisner, but I agree with you. I think he actually LIKED and respected the Disney legacy. Whereas all Iger seems to see in Disney is franchise and marketing possibilities. I think he sees the classics in the Disney vault as dated and strictly for kiddies, which is why he thinks he has to look outside the studio for things that will appeal to older kids, especially males. Right.

Did you know that Mary Poppins has a Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/waltdisneymarypoppins . With well over a million likes. Not bad for a movie that has no real presence in any Disney park.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I'm not a huge fan of Eisner, but I agree with you. I think he actually LIKED and respected the Disney legacy. Whereas all Iger seems to see in Disney is franchise and marketing possibilities. I think he sees the classics in the Disney vault as dated and strictly for kiddies, which is why he thinks he has to look outside the studio for things that will appeal to older kids, especially males. Right.

Did you know that Mary Poppins has a Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/waltdisneymarypoppins . With well over a million likes. Not bad for a movie that has no real presence in any Disney park.

that's the easy way to make a buck. no creativity needed to do that. Mary Poppins does desrve a spot, Now saving Mr. Banks was a good homage to the movie so I guess we have to give that to him.

Goofyernmost

• I think he'd be impressed with the high standards of innkeeping that the resorts have started and maintained.
  • I don't think he'd mind the corporate sponsorships as he leveraged those himself.
  • I do think he would mind cheap promotional vehicles for movies, etc, like Tron monorail wrap, Stitch TPing the castle, etc. He wasn't into the short-term gain.
I would go along with the first two, however, Disneyland was a giant promotional park for movies and Disney entertainment. Sleeping Beauty's Castle was given that name because he had just released or was just about to release the feature film, about Sleeping Beauty. Frontierland was a promotion for Davy Crocket and so on. I think he would have been right on board with the Tron wrap and Stitch. Walt would take long term or short term gain. He wasn't shy about that. If it was a short term it just disappeared quickly, but, all was in some form focused on his empire, entertainment-wise.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
what happened to all the American Film Institute Showcase memorabilia? You would think all that great movie stuff and walts one mans dream could be combined into one cool display somewhere in DHS. even something near the great movie ride? OH MY what a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I was looking at today's photo of the Saint Angel Inn and I seem to remember water that ran down the steps of the building. Does anyone else remember that?

danyoung56

There definitely was never water coming down outside the pavilion. As LuvtheGood said, there's a similar pyramid in the Coronado Springs Resort main pool that has water running down. Perhaps this is what you remembered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom