What Things Today Would Walt Disney Have Never Done or Be Out RAGED ABOUT.

TXDisney

I think he wanted a living community on property. Epcot after all was supposed to be that and Roy changed that. Epcot is my favorite park, so I love what they did instead... But I think Walt wanted a community there. Celebration to me doesn't count. That new Golden Oaks nrighborhood is beautiful, but not right on site.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
what ever happened to scale, the Tiki god size with the trickle of water does not work in the large expanse of the lobby. I do like some of the changes but there needs to be more TIKI and more plants for the tropical feel.

But you can see the CASTLE as soon as you walk in the lobby, Nothing says polynesian islands better than a view of a german castle...

Magenta Panther

I think he wanted a living community on property. Epcot after all was supposed to be that and Roy changed that. Epcot is my favorite park, so I love what they did instead... But I think Walt wanted a community there. Celebration to me doesn't count. That new Golden Oaks nrighborhood is beautiful, but not right on site.

And it's just a high-cost neighborhood. As I'm sure you know, Walt wanted EPCOT to be living, breathing experiment in utopian living. He wanted to use what he'd learned from building Disneyland to help eradicate urban blight in the real world. It was a noble cause, and if Walt had lived, I think he'd have made it happen. But after he died...well, Roy did the best he could.

Goofyernmost

But you can see the CASTLE as soon as you walk in the lobby, Nothing says polynesian islands better than a view of a german castle...
Nothing says Walt Disney World like a view of Cinderella Castle. Know where you are at all times. I would stay at the Poly to stay in a Polynesian themed resort in WDW. If that meant a view of the castle, that is a plus. If I want a pure, complete Polynesian experience I will go to a Polynesian Island.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
And it's just a high-cost neighborhood. As I'm sure you know, Walt wanted EPCOT to be living, breathing experiment in utopian living. He wanted to use what he'd learned from building Disneyland to help eradicate urban blight in the real world. It was a noble cause, and if Walt had lived, I think he'd have made it happen. But after he died...well, Roy did the best he could.

Yes that's true, I think Walt was the man with the dream and desire to do this, unless there is a family member that will step forward and carry the torch it will be left in the hands of bean counters with no idea. I kind of thought that Eisner understood what he was custodian of and tried to carry on the dream more than Iger does. I could be wrong but Isner seemed to have the personality to make you at least think that he understood.

s8film40

I think based on Walt's focus on EPCOT just prior to his death I think he would be very upset to learn that EPCOT wan't built. While I think there are elements in the parks he might like I don't think he would like the idea that essentially a second Disneyland was built and that instead of building EPCOT they essentially just built a large tourist resort.

s8film40

I guess you are not impressed, I guess a chef coming out to discuss menu option with a guest in a very professional and articulate manner at an amusement park isn,t a big deal. Oh well
To me a Disney difference is something that Disney does that no one else in the industry can or is willing to do. Having a chef come out is very good customer service, but I'm pretty sure this has happened at other restaurants in other parks.

Monorail_Red_77

Well, I have to partially disagree. He only meant the Florida project to have ONE theme park. No one knows if he ever would have built DHS or AK. And of course, EPCOT was supposed to be a small city where people who worked on property actually lived.

So if that was all true, then yes, he probably would've added more to MK, since it would the only theme park there.

I would like to think that he would have eventually built more parks than just MK as he first set out to do at WDW. I think that if EPCOT were ever built as he envisioned it would have eventually failed as all the manufacturing would have prob still gone to China, etc.
An issue that he never lived to see.
I would hope that if that would have happened then he would have shifted his focus back on families and built additional parks after his EPCOT idea.

Monorail_Red_77

I like to think of Walt Disney World as a whole is a bit like EPCOT. In that you have this large property that runs like a city. I mean you have power generation, water treatment, and all of the other backstage areas that are way larger than anything he could have thought up. All they need now is to have CM's living on property and it would even be more like EPCOT, and yes I know about the voters that already live on property in Bay Lake and LBV.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Its happened at restaurants that are local as well. It's not a Disney idea by any means.
Well I guess my original point is that it won't happen anymore. So now you can comment that Disney doesn't do what other local restaurant do.

Monorail_Red_77

Golden Oak is right on site.
Here's a pic showing it in relation to disney world.

GOLDEN OAK 2015.jpg

RoadTrip

Walt Disney Productions, today known as The Walt Disney Company, had its initial public offering on April 2, 1940. It has been a publicly traded company with a board of directors and stockholders ever since. It has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange since 1957 as well. Walt was able to maintain his standards and please the stockholders and board of directors at the same time.
I believe though that the Disney family owned a controlling interest in the company until Walt's death. Also, weren't a significant portion of the theme park assets owned by the privately held WED Enterprises? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Well I guess my original point is that it won't happen anymore. So now you can comment that Disney doesn't do what other local restaurant do.

Your original point was that it's a "Disney Difference" which implies that Disney cooks were the only ones to come out and speak to you if asked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom