What Things Today Would Walt Disney Have Never Done or Be Out RAGED ABOUT.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
What do you think Walt would have never done or stood for in todays Disney World. Do you think current management is being a good steward of Disney.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Nobody can really answer that question you know. Times were completely different when DL was first built. No social media. No internet. Would he like everything? Of course not. I love WDW, but I don't like everything. Has current management treated WDW with short thrift? Well, most would say that yes they have. I think they have been doing a lot more in the last few years, and we are going to see a lot more in the next 3-5 years. Would Walt have liked Avatarland? Maybe, because it will be an extremely immersive environment that I think most will love. Would he have ever done it? Probably not, but then again, who knows. Maybe James Cameron would've convinced him to do it as well. This is ONLY my opinion, and everyone else's statements will be ONLY their opinion.

CaptainAmerica

Starbucks replacing the MSB. Walt be like...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14438-1370960850-29.gif

Amirite @POLY LOVER?

nelsonj3

From my research on Walt (and I have actually done quite a bit), it seems to me that he REALLY was not about making profit. His only use for money and profit was so that he could finance his next big idea. Therefore, I think he would be really upset about the lack of quality and the rabid pursuit of profits that are present in the parks today. In fact, something struck me while I was watching One Man's Dream one more time yesterday... Walt said something to the effect of, "maybe the staff had finally conceded that Walt is right, and quality will out."

He would never have approved all of this taking away attractions without adding something else great to take their places and still increasing prices all the time. I mean a 20oz Coke is now $3.19 including tax. I can get the same one at Publix for $1.50. I understand that stockholders and Boards of Directors have to be satisfied, but Walt had a way of doing that without being as money-hungry as the Disney Company is today.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that Disney isn't doing anything well. They are. However, I think most people on this board agree that quality has gone down too much and prices have gone up too much. I know Disney is a business, but so is Apple, and their prices have remained fairly consistent while, in my opinion, their quality has gone up. (A new base-model iPhone still costs the same now as it did in 2007 including countless new features for the same price).

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I think more of his Disney movies and characters would have been incorporated into the parks.
I think he would have kept the focus on the parks and movies and not have the company branching into areas outside of it . Hard to say maybe he would have. I bet he would have kept 20,000 leagues under the sea.

Disnee4Me

I think more of his Disney movies and characters would have been incorporated into the parks.
I think he would have kept the focus on the parks and movies and not have the company branching into areas outside of it . Hard to say maybe he would have. I bet he would have kept 20,000 leagues under the sea.
I think there should be more Disney Movie rides at DHS. What better way to promote your own movies than rides/shows dedicated to them.

SkipperMark74

I think he would have been upset with the removal of attractions from MK over the years. In interviews at the start of the Florida project, Walt expressed excitement about "the blessing of size" the property embodied -- something Disneyland never had. The disappearance of so many MK attractions doesn't make much sense in regard to the available real estate. Growth in MK should have always been about additions, never replacements.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The TV contract helped finance DL....

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I think he would have been upset with the removal of attractions from MK over the years. In interviews at the start of the Florida project, Walt expressed excitement about "the blessing of size" the property embodied -- something Disneyland never had. The disappearance of so many MK attractions doesn't make much sense in regard to the available real estate. Growth in MK should have always been about additions, never replacements.

I agree, I bet he would have never approved the POLY lobby refurb the way they did it.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well, I have to partially disagree. He only meant the Florida project to have ONE theme park. No one knows if he ever would have built DHS or AK. And of course, EPCOT was supposed to be a small city where people who worked on property actually lived.

So if that was all true, then yes, he probably would've added more to MK, since it would the only theme park there.

CaptainAmerica

It doesn't make sense to have more to see and do than any family could ever ACTUALLY ever see and do.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Well, I have to partially disagree. He only meant the Florida project to have ONE theme park. No one knows if he ever would have built DHS or AK. And of course, EPCOT was supposed to be a small city where people who worked on property actually lived.

So if that was all true, then yes, he probably would've added more to MK, since it would the only theme park there.

EPCOT seems to not have moved in that direction at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom