What should I prepare for?

KBLovedDisney

To any recent Disney World travelers,what do I need to know and be prepared for?

Crowds?
Heat?
QS Meals?
etc.

Edit: I should probably mention that I am heading there next week. Will I be in the midst of Spring Break crowds or has that died down a bit?

rob0519

All of the above. You might catch a small break on the crowds since its now past Easter. The forecast for next week is mid 80's to low 90s.
QS meals are most crowded at traditional times. Try eating lunch at 11:30 or 3:00 and it might be easier to get a table. Same thing with dinner. Eat around 5:00 or after 7:00 if possible.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Prepare for heavy crowds. If they are light it will be a nice surprise. As opposed to preparing for light crowds and being upset they were heavy.

Prepare for the heat. Have good moisture wicking socks and have a water plan. We always buy a couple of cases from the hotel store. Its one thing that is decently priced. $5.99 or $6.99 for a 24 pack of 12 oz bottles of Dasani. It is usually on the bottom shelf in one of the beverage coolers. 20oz bottles are about $2.50 each so it does add up.

As @rob0519 mentioned, if you adjust your eating schedule a little bit you will find the restaurants are a little less busy.

Edit: Also the Star Wars Dark Side weekend starts on this Thursday, April 20th and goes through Sunday, April 23rd and the Cheerleading Championships start the 26th. Spring break may be done but there is always something going on in the World.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Prepare for heavy crowds. If they are light it will be a nice surprise. As opposed to preparing for light crowds and being upset they were heavy.

Prepare for the heat. Have good moisture wicking socks and have a water plan. We always buy a couple of cases from the hotel store. Its one thing that is decently priced. $5.99 or $6.99 for a 24 pack of 12 oz bottles of Dasani. It is usually on the bottom shelf in one of the beverage coolers. 20oz bottles are about $2.50 each so it does add up.

As @rob0519 mentioned, if you adjust your eating schedule a little bit you will find the restaurants are a little less busy.

Edit: Also the Star Wars Dark Side weekend starts on this Thursday, April 20th and goes through Sunday, April 23rd and the Cheerleading Championships start the 26th. Spring break may be done but there is always something going on in the World.
So, we are actually skipping out on HS this year, not just because of the Star Wars craziness and semi-construction, but also because it might be a possible sadness trigger for me as that was my dad's favorite park. Will Star Wars be happening in other parks as well?

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Next week will be past the vast majority of the spring break crowds. There are still a few that might be there but you have passed the super crazy crowds. We've done late April and Early May a bunch and it's fairly nice, but not as low as some other times.

that said IMO there are no longer really "slow" times anymore.

Heat will be there, but for me upper 80s is nice and makes for good pool weather. QS meals, try to eat a little earlier or later. But in general they are handling lines and crowds much better the last few years than before.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

So, we are actually skipping out on HS this year, not just because of the Star Wars craziness and semi-construction, but also because it might be a possible sadness trigger for me as that was my dad's favorite park. Will Star Wars be happening in other parks as well?
Is this primarily in DHS? My mom and sister are headed to WDW this weekend, but they only have time to visit MK and Epcot.
This is the Star Wars Half Marathon weekend. It will increase traffic all weekend at all of the parks and you will see some residual the week after. As with anything Disney has done lately they seem to be increasing the number of runners with each race they do and it is starting to be more noticeable at the parks on race weekends and the weeks before and after.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

To any recent Disney World travelers,what do I need to know and be prepared for?

Crowds?
Heat?
QS Meals?
etc.

Edit: I should probably mention that I am heading there next week. Will I be in the midst of Spring Break crowds or has that died down a bit?

Hi there. Where are you staying? We were at Sports this past September. We have two small girls and spent more time at the resort than we thought we would (hotter than we expected weather combined with a tired teething baby). Anyways, we ate many meals in the food court there. Breakfast & lunch were busy but manageable. One day we went for any early dinner, 4:30ish, and the place was empty. It was like we hit the jackpot :) The absolute most crowded time of the entire day was always 7pm til about midnight. I guess people coming back from the parks looking for a quick dinner. We stayed out late one or two nights and were always shocked how packed the food court was at 9/10 o'clock.
We had the QS dining plan. Our favorite QS places were Columbia Harbor House in MK, Be Our Guest for lunch, Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe in AK, La Cantina in EP and Cookes of Dublin in Disney Springs. We didn't eat there this time but we also love Flame Tree BBQ in AK. And you really can't go wrong with any of the QS locations in Epcot. Have fun! :)

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Hi there. Where are you staying? We were at Sports this past September. We have two small girls and spent more time at the resort than we thought we would (hotter than we expected weather combined with a tired teething baby). Anyways, we ate many meals in the food court there. Breakfast & lunch were busy but manageable. One day we went for any early dinner, 4:30ish, and the place was empty. It was like we hit the jackpot :) The absolute most crowded time of the entire day was always 7pm til about midnight. I guess people coming back from the parks looking for a quick dinner. We stayed out late one or two nights and were always shocked how packed the food court was at 9/10 o'clock.
We had the QS dining plan. Our favorite QS places were Columbia Harbor House in MK, Be Our Guest for lunch, Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe in AK, La Cantina in EP and Cookes of Dublin in Disney Springs. We didn't eat there this time but we also love Flame Tree BBQ in AK. And you really can't go wrong with any of the QS locations in Epcot. Have fun! :)
All Star Music (Our favorites) We went last September too for my birthday. Yeah it was hot! Crowds in MK were kinda crazy. We also went last April and we did the Premium Dining Plan. It was awesome but waaaaaayy too much food. We have done the QS, the regular Meal Plan and the Premium. Next week, however, we are taking a cooler and packing some meals to take. Crunched the numbers and are passing on a dining plan this time just to save some moolah.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom