WHAT SHOULD I PACK TO DISNEY>?

tigger-wdw

Original Poster
Well if your driving down to disney like me,take plenty of spring water bottles first they cost cheaper were you live and they can be taken into the parks!at disney a bottle water cost$2.50 a bottle..ouch!take plenty of snacks cookies ,chips,starbursts,twizzlers ect stuff that does'nt melt .even if your driving you can take some snacks in your siut cases ,i telll you the gift shop at the resorts are expensive candy ussally $1.00-$5.00 depending what u buy 6,pack soday $5.00.hey i know were on vacation but please if you save a buck then i will do it.your going to spend it on a nice dinner or lunch save were you can!also for $10.00 you can purchase refrigerater for each day but most rooms has ice machines just fill your sink with ice before bed or you ice bucket and put some water bottles before bed by morning ready for the parks.taking food in parks no problem as long its in a back pack or pack just have to check it for security checks before you enter!
i xcouple other things you might want to take too
1-a personal cd head player,some of your fav cds
2-comforatable walking shoes
3-on hot summer days those water bottles with fans attacked to them they run about$5.00 were you live ussally a craft store or sports store carrys them but in disny the cost $17.00 a peice same thing!
4-take a fav book or magazine to read sometimes my wife reads on the way down or in the resort or near the pool
5-sun tan lotion ahh..here u go another big money maker in disney u will pay double ther u will get burn on hot days 80 plus temps
6-pain reliver ,advil,aspirin,buffrin ect..take on hand medicine in disny its a fortune to buy plus they only carry certain brands be on hand with your fav medicine plus long day at the parks 3-4 advil you feel no pain by mornining..lol
7- please add yor favorits like to hears your response?

pinkrose

We've discovered that taking the Britta water bottles is alot easier than taking bottles of water. You can refill them and the filter takes out the bad taste of Orlando water. It saves room when packing as well. We used to take a small thing of dish detergent to wash them (along with our resort mugs), but pamolive has now come out with disposable cloths, so that's what we will use from now on.

Testtrack321

pinkrose said:
We've discovered that taking the Britta water bottles is alot easier than taking bottles of water. You can refill them and the filter takes out the bad taste of Orlando water. It saves room when packing as well. We used to take a small thing of dish detergent to wash them (along with our resort mugs), but pamolive has now come out with disposable cloths, so that's what we will use from now on.

I agree totally. They are small and great. Plus they remove the poo out of the water that makes it taste and smell so bad!

celticdog

I suggest two pairs of comfortable walking shoes, that way you wear one pair while the other airs out and dries from the day before.

Also pick up cheap $1 rain ponchos from wal-mart.

For those flying, pack a softsided overnight bag in you main luggage. This will be used to bring back either souviners or dirty laundary. I go down with one bag, but come back with two.

DEBBIE060471

Shipping Luggage

We will be flying and will be shipping our luggage USP to our resort and shipping it home also. Has anyone else ever did this?

Disney_Belle

on my last trip to wdw my brother and i bought a jar of the gatorade powder. it was small enough to pack in my bag, i got my bag checked every day when entering a park and no one ever said anything about having it and we each had water bottles with us. now you may prefer filtered bottles but we would go to the water fountains fill up our bottle with one or two scoops of gatorade and fill it with water put the cap on shake it up and wa-la - youve got gatorade :) it really helped us out because if you are like me, too much water makes my stomach hurt gatorade is also good if you are doing a lot of walking and sweating :) just a reccomendation :)

Highland_Holly

Rolling Backpack

Bring a rolling backpack to carry all of your "stuff" for the day. If you kids are out of strollers you really miss the storage space... and who wants to carry around a camera bag, water bottles, snacks, autograph books, guidebooks, sunscreen, umbrellas, etc. all on your shoulders or in multiple bags? For our last trip, we bought an inexpensive rolling backpack. It has multiple pockets and a collapsable handle. We just rolled it behind as we walked and then used it as a regular backpack when in a queue line. It was a God-send. Save your shoulders... buy one before your next trip!

:kiss: Holly

LadyDarling

Mosquito repellant would be a smart move too!

We are flying, but will definately be bringing water bottles with us this time! Doesn't matter to us if they are cold.
You can make breakfast really easy too by bringing packets of oatmeal and getting hot water from the cafeteria or your inroom coffee maker.
Sweets and snacks are a great idea, but since we don't bring a cooler (or even bother with a fridge), we bring things that don't melt and have more nurtional value (to avoid the sugar lows) like dried fruit, bananna chips, home made trail mix (to keep the sugar content down). We put them in baggies before we leave home and then each day fill our back pack with whatever snacks we'll want for that day. Oranges also travel well w/o refridgeration, but bring some wet naps if you do those (since they can be messy). Apple have a long counter life too and aren't as messy.

Also, if you're going with a group - Share the load! either spring for a locker each day (often well worth it!) or, we've found that 2 back packs for every 2 people works out great. Trade off who carries the pack every couple of hours, so no one is lagging behind, and no one feels like a pack mule. :)If you have young childeren who are out of strollers and walking with you, why not have them carry thier OWN stuff in thier back pack? A small bottle of water, an apple, and some other small treats won't weigh them down too much. :)
The great thing about back packs too - if you pack them right, you won't need a camera bag! :)

figmentmom

This might sound silly, but I am a laundry freak - I can't stand bags of dirty laundry cluttering up the hotel room on vacation! When the time comes to do laundry, life will be much easier - and cheaper! - if you've packed detergent tablets and brought along dryer sheets in ziplock bags.

MommyMoses

I take small ziplock bags into the park. My daughter never finishes her kids meals and we can take some of the stuff (carrots, etc) for a snack while waiting in line later.

We also take lysol and spray down every surface of the resort rooms. I'm sure they are clean enough, but I feel better this way.

Nancy

cheshiresmile

my dad and i brought thermos bottles that were in a sling with a shoulder strap. when we were at the hotel in the morning, i would fill it with ice to the top, and then water. this water tasted much better than the fountain water, especially sine it stayed icy cold all day long.

11/12-11/16 2005 renee

dflye

One thing I can't live without is one of those large mesh bags that you line a clothes hamper with. Great for collecting the dirty clothes neatly, instead of just having a pile somewhere in the room or closet!

As a die-hard coffee freak, we bring along a small bean grinder and enough beans to last us for the duration, especially since the supply of free coffee grounds in the room is usually only enough for one or two pots. Oh, and don't forget to pack the coffee filters! :lookaroun

dflye

MommyMoses said:
We also take lysol and spray down every surface of the resort rooms. I'm sure they are clean enough, but I feel better this way.
We usually throw in one of those small pump-style antibacterial liquid soap jugs to use in the bathroom instead of the bar soap of soap they provide (which we instead take home as a souvenir!)

figmentmom

All of these suggestions are terrific. The willingness to relax, have fun and be a kid again are also very handy to have at WDW. BUT - the single most important thing to bring to Disney is your common sense, folks!!! When Cast Members ask you to stay behind the yellow line before boarding rides, it's for your safety, and that of your children. If you're prone to motion sickness, heed those warnings and think twice before you hop merrily on Mission:Space. When you aren't using your stroller, put it in designated stroller parking - and don't leave your valuables in it, either! Disney works hard to try and see that guests have the safest experience possible at WDW, but we have to cooperate as well.

kodiak5bears

I happen to just be sitting here looking at my list of things not to forget! Here's a few...

Gum- They don't sell it in the parks
chapstick (or whatever your brand is)- a MUST
rain poncho's- 2 for $1 @ Dollar Tree
sunglasses :cool:
Pain reliever, cold meds, allergy meds, etc.- never know!! :hurl:
autograph book & BIG pen- easier for characters to write
ziplock bags- a million uses, but I keep stuff in them in my back pack while at the parks so nothing gets wet!
suntan lotion!! :mad:
hand sanitizer- great to keep in your backpack!
Drawstring backpack- to carry at the parks
stamps!
address book
hat- if you are prone to your head burning! :king:

COMMON SENSE :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom