What rides do YOU plan on doing during the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party?

ssidiouss@mac.c

I posted a similar topic like this awhile ago but this time I wanted to hear more about what people are planning to do this year during their time at the MVMCP?

Do you have a set of rides you plan to try to get on during the party or are you just doing the holiday event stuff?

If anyone already came up with a plan for that night.. please post it :) I'd love to get some ideas.

My current plan is (not in any type of order) :

Shop alot in mainstreet to enjoy to now comming down.
Watch the 2nd (late) parade.
Watch Winter Wishes
Space Mountain
TTA
Carousel of Progress
Cinderellas Golden Carousel
Get picture taken somewhere
Have some hot cocoa and cookies :)

PS: I wonder if the train that goes around the park will be open?

Shellybelle

We've been to the MNSSHP before and our experience then was that all the rides were sooo easy to get onto. Our trouble was having pics with the popular characters that aren't usually out, i.e., Prince Phillip, seven dwarfs, etc. So we may try to get into the lines quicker for characters this go around. Does anyone know if the harder to find characters are out at this time? Also, does Cinderella pose in front of the coach for pics? We will also see the parade and fireworks and just enjoy the scenery. I bet it will be beautiful lit up at night! Of course, we will have to do the HM at night!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Definitely try to do some of the special things, rides you can do anytime, like the Carousel and TTA. The night before xmas (or whatever it is called) that is a stage show in tomorrowland is well worth going to see and some of the other storytelling around the park is so festive, like the Polar Express story they used to do which now is a different train story, but it is told by someone dress just like a trainman. Don't miss these special things because they are very unique and you won't see them any other time.

Definitely do the late parade as it is less crowded and do some of the more popular rides that would normally be longer waits during the day like space mountain.

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Maybe it's already been said (I'm a bad poster and haven't read it all yet) but don't forget to see the carolers in Liberty Square!! They go through the Christmas Shoppe and throughout that area and it is just so nice. You can also get your cookies and cocoa at Columbia Harbor House.

Upvote 0

swimmom

We concentrate more on the special events for the evening. But we do take advantage of attractions with short waits as we pass by them.

FYI the second parade is usually less crowded.

Upvote 0

lscott933

i plan on seeing the holiday shows and dancing with the chacters. seeing the chacater that are not out usually at magic kingdom. just eat early before the party starts. that is my best advise to do. time go by fast.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

We'll be at MVMCP on 6DEC05. We have PS at 1655hrs for Crystal Palace. Then when we're herded into Tomorrowland at 1800hrs, we plan on riding as many attractions as possible there, while still being as close to the front of the line as possible for the family portrait. After that, are only plans are to attend as many Holiday attractions as possible.

Upvote 0

imamouse

We have a similar plan; AR at Chrystal Palace at 5:10 prior to the party on 18 Dec. I really want to have the family photo taken, but I've heard (read) that the lines have been very long in previous years. Does anyone know the location of the family photos and have any suggstions for getting this done first? Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

We have two parties to attend and they will vary greatly. The first is all set fo the 11th. We will be joined by my partner's family. The cast will include me, Gabby, Gabby's sisters Launda & Becca, Gabby's mom Pati, Launda's husband Tom, Becca's teenaged kids Felicia and Michael. We may also be joined by Felicia's boyfriend Henry, but to be honest, I hope not. The idea for the 11th is to give Gabby's family a group outing, possibly their last before Pati's health just won't allow it anymore. Gabby's wish is to have a group photo....one last one with everyone in it. So, the photo will be a very important part of this party. I have no idea what we will do that night as a lot of the activities will depend on Pati's stamina and the weather.

Now, for the night of the 15th, it's just Gabby and me. I imagine that we will buy the trading pin for that night, which is Tink :sohappy: and then go hit BTMRR, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Buzz, TTA, and whatever else time allows for, but the must see/do is Wishes! We love this fireworks show. I cry everytime I see it. Disney did a great job on this one. I love MVMCP! :xmas: Maggie

Upvote 0

lscott933

we got in line to have our picture taken last year at 11 45 and waited 10 minutes. then got there just in time for the midnight show at the castle. so i would do the pictures late if your going to be there that long.

Upvote 0

Dubman

I've only done the party once, but this is what I would suggest... As other people have said, concentrate on the special shows, etc... We did not go one one "ride" while we were there.. We watched the shows, and did the Liberty Square Riverboat which was awesome.. Not crowded at all, and the whole trip around the island there were carolers singing. They also did requests.. The country bears also were along for the trip.. Very nice and relaxing... Not once did we feel rushed like any other normal day at MK.. Saw the tomorrowland show.. castle show.. Carolers on main street.. The best part of the night was when we were leaving after the parade... Snow falling on mainstreet etc... Awesome experience!!! Most of all, what ever you decide to do, have fun!!!

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

We are going and like most of the other folks said, our goal is just to walk around and enjoy the festive shows you don't see any other time. As far as rides go, we'll go on whatever stikes our fancy at the time. Since this isn't our only day in the MK, they aren't the biggest priority. ;)

Upvote 0

Pongo

Last year, my group ended up getting the picture taken at the very end of the night, as the park was closing. There was really no line, but many of the kids we were with were tired.

As far as special christmas stuff, the Tomorrowland show and the parade are must sees. Get as much hot chocolate and cookies as you can (i suggest dipping the cookies in the hot chocolate), and just relax. I think that MVMCP isn't meant to be planned. Spontanaiety is the best part of the night. There's really no rush to do anything.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Thanks for the advice, especially lsscott93 and Pongo. Doing the picture last makes sense - great tip! Now, where have the photo ops locations been in the past and how many are there? Thanks again! :xmas:

Upvote 0

MissM

Here's what you do. Get there at 4pm. That's when MVMCP ticket holders can come into the park. That gives you two hours to ride some of the normal attractions you want to do. Also, if you haven't eaten, this is the time to do it. I can tell you from experience there are almost no quick-service places open, period. Casey's had over a 30-minute wait last year since it was one of the few places to get a meal. Also, Aloha Isle is closed during the party so if you want a Dole Whip, get it then.

From 6pm-7pm they herd you into Tomorrowland. This is the perfect time to ride Carousel of Progress. It too closes at 7pm when the party starts.

From 7pm-midnight, catch the fun party-specific stuff. I caught the second parade (way less busy). Don't forget to get your free photo but do that at the end of the night. We got ours in Timekeeper around 11:30pm and there was a very minor wait. Enjoy the snow on Main Street. Get your free cookies and hot cocoa - YUM! I found that just taking my time and enjoying the party for the party rather then thinking of it as a partial day at MK, was much more enjoyable.

Have a great time!
-m

ps: Feel free to look through some of my 2004 MVMCP photos if you want.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

UNLIKE everybody else -- DONT ENJOY THE SHOWS -- you can actually get in every ride in the park -- plus get your picture done -- and see the parade --and even get cookies 2-3 times. We rode almost every ride in the park and still spent plenty of time with meet and greet characters. The Dance Party in Fantasyland was AWESOME for my daughter. But you have the park virtually at your fingertips. We did pix at around 10pm and waited about 10 minutes as well. we headed to adventureland for the pix.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom