What ride most needs a refurb?

Which Disneyland ride most needs a refurbishment?

• Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Finding Nemo Submarines

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • The Monorail

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Peter Pan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

• Rodger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin

• Other

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

George Lucas on a Bench

It's an attraction that seemed weirdly dated as soon as it opened. It's a gaudy lazer tag game. I don't hate it, I just think it could be better. But then, so could Toy Story Mania for that matter.

They have or will have all these Toy Story attractions in the theme parks, but the only time they seemed to get it right was that newer window on Main Street where the toys are actually to scale.

D

Deleted member 107043

There's a long history of shooting galleries at Disneyland and this is essentially the latest iteration of the genre. I've never been a big fan, but I get the appeal, and on a busy day I would choose to wait in line to ride Buzz over any of the FL dark rides.

AsanaDisney

I've been looking at park hours, etc. for my trip in February and noticed that PotC is on the refurb schedule starting Feb. 3. Does anyone know if this is a short maintenance thing or something more extensive? I tried searching the forums but didn't see anything on it and I wish I could have planned for it. I'm bummed even though I know that refurbs are a fact of theme park life! :)

mickEblu

It's one of our favorites too. It's probably a close second for me right behind POTC. But I just hope they don't take it down for a long refurbishment next year since I'll be there at some point. A trip to DL without Pirates or Splash would still be amazing and fun, but my heart would be sad having to miss them.

Yeah I agree. It would be a bummer to miss out on either of those.

Their are definitely those certain attractions that feel "extra" Disneyland and complete a trip. ( excluding AP trips of course). POTC, Splash, Mansion, JC, IASW etc.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I think Disney should take the Buzz Lightyear Rides out of Disneyland, Tokyo, and Florida. It makes no sense to have 2 Toy Story Shooting Rides, when one is SOOOOO much better than the other.

I agree or depending on the budget get it up to Shanghais level. I'd imagine with the amount of $ it would take to plus it they may as well just create a new attraction.

I will say though, as an AP, I do appreciate its repeatability factor. However, if I had my choice I would be favor of it going for a legit dark ride or even a better shooter.

mickEblu

I've been looking at park hours, etc. for my trip in February and noticed that PotC is on the refurb schedule starting Feb. 3. Does anyone know if this is a short maintenance thing or something more extensive? I tried searching the forums but didn't see anything on it and I wish I could have planned for it. I'm bummed even though I know that refurbs are a fact of theme park life! :)

I'm not sure but I'm guessing this is to get it in tip top shape for its 50th anniversary. If so, I would imagine it's going down for at least a couple of weeks.

AsanaDisney

I'm not sure but I'm guessing this is to get it in tip top shape for its 50th anniversary. If so, I would imagine it's going down for at least a couple of weeks.
Thanks! That makes sense. I didn't even think about the 50th anniversary... Oh well, I knew I was taking a chance on more refurbs by planning a trip in early February.

Curious Constance

From MousePlanet:

"...Pirates of the Caribbean has been added to the spring refurbishment schedule. The ride is scheduled to close for refurbishment February 3 through March 15. The Blue Bayou Restaurant is accepting reservations during most of this period, so it appears the restaurant is not impacted by work on the adjacent ride."

AsanaDisney

From MousePlanet:

"...Pirates of the Caribbean has been added to the spring refurbishment schedule. The ride is scheduled to close for refurbishment February 3 through March 15. The Blue Bayou Restaurant is accepting reservations during most of this period, so it appears the restaurant is not impacted by work on the adjacent ride."
Thank you for the info! Glad to know it isn't just a week or two closure that I could have planned around.

Earl Sweatpants

Wasn't Matterhorn given a refurb not that long ago? The ride still feels jerky and clunky.

I vote that HM gets a massive revamp with new tech and added spookiness. It just sucks that it basically now it has to split the year with HMH.

As for Buzz, yeah that ride could use some touch-up work too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom