What ride most needs a refurb?

Which Disneyland ride most needs a refurbishment?

• Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Finding Nemo Submarines

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • The Monorail

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Peter Pan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

• Rodger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin

• Other

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

Kramerica

Original Poster
To be clear, this is a question that's supposed to be objective, aka, you can't deny that a ride doesn't need a refurbishment just because you don't like it!

My vote- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Woah that ride is in BAD shape. every ride vehicle is VERY worn out. Paint is worn off all of them, plastic broken, seat cushions are cracked. And that's if the vehicles are even working. A lot of them are covered in a tarp, which itself is worn out. A sign of how long it's been out of duty for.

ght

It has been almost 2 years since we have made it to the parks but Buzz was looking rough even back then.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm with those who said Splash Mountain based on recent reports I've read about what a poor state the ride's show is in.

Major features of TSI were looking incredibly rickety, forgotten and neglected the last I went there, but that was some years ago. Hoping for a full restoration and the removal of the Pirates overlay when it reopens this summer.

As for Buzz can we just go for a full top to bottom overhaul of Tomorrowland? :D

mickEblu

I voted for Buzz but you didn't list the two rides people seem complain about the most- Indy & Splash. With that said I think Buzz is still worse off. When I'm on Splash and Indy I still feel like I'm on a big expensive E ticket. On Buzz, as soon as I look at the condition of those ride vehicles I feel like I'm in a Chuck E Cheese or McDonalds playground.

mickEblu

At least everything works in Buzz. Can't say the same about Splash.

I've honestly never seen in too bad of shape. Maybe 2-3 AAs not working. The first Brer Fox Scene with Brer Bear tied to the rope is the most significant that comes to mind. For an attraction with God knows how many AAs it's not enough to ruin the experience for me. As soon as I get on the Buzz ride vehicle, you can see right away it's not up to Disney standards.

With that said I'd love for Splash to get an extensive refurb. It's probably my favorite ride at the park. AAs, thrill, pace, story, songs... it's tough to beat.

George Lucas on a Bench

While it's usually almost always running 100% for how it is these days, classic Haunted Mansion could use some love. I'm talking going down the checklist and restoring every classic element that has been removed. April the changing portrait girl, the original changing cat girl, the spider at the load area, proper lighting/presentation of the load area, repainted figures in the graveyard, restored attic etc.

180º

While it's usually almost always running 100% for how it is these days, classic Haunted Mansion could use some love. I'm talking going down the checklist and restoring every classic element that has been removed. April the changing portrait girl, the original changing cat girl, the spider at the load area, proper lighting/presentation of the load area, repainted figures in the graveyard, restored attic etc.
Totally agree. Reminds me of a post I wrote back in September:

[HMH] does guarantee that objects are moved around. In some cases, like with the decaying fruit effect, this has been a positive for the normal Mansion. In many cases, as with the Singing Busts and the bride, the props return wonky or misaligned. All of surfaces, like the walls in the stretching room and corridor of doors, take on lots of wear and tear. The lighting and audio are showing their age and their levels are never quite right. Unfortunately, the downtime the attraction gets every year don't take time to refurbish or replace things that should be, unless they are very damaged. As a comparison, I just returned from WDW where their Mansion is pristine and well-maintained, despite few closures since 2007.

BasiltheBatLord

Maybe an off-topic post, but looking at all the responses concerning Splash Mountain, it dawned on me that Splash is one of the few Disneyland rides I can think of that has been essentially totally unchanged ever since it opened. I can't think of anything that has been added or taken away from the ride since it's opening in '89, unless I'm just forgetting something. (Except for the ride photo preview with the owl at the end of the ride. I've seen that come and go over the years.) That also applies to WDW's Splash as well I think.

Last edited:

dweezil78

The ride experience itself on Buzz isn't too problematic, but those ride vehicles... major yuck. They really need to be completely overhauled and re-designed (as far as paint & accessories) in such a way that they won't look so worn out.

Agreed that OG Mansion needs to be tinkered with and stretching rooms need to be taken care of better. WDW's HM isn't as pristine as it used to be though, but luckily it has the proper lighting levels which hides a lot of it. DL's is too damn bright, especially in the graveyard.

Californian Elitist

I've honestly never seen in too bad of shape. Maybe 2-3 AAs not working. The first Brer Fox Scene with Brer Bear tied to the rope is the most significant that comes to mind. For an attraction with God knows how many AAs it's not enough to ruin the experience for me. As soon as I get on the Buzz ride vehicle, you can see right away it's not up to Disney standards.

With that said I'd love for Splash to get an extensive refurb. It's probably my favorite ride at the park. AAs, thrill, pace, story, songs... it's tough to beat.

I always see lots of animatronics out of order in Splash.

I do agree that the Buzz vehicles are in bad shape. The chipped paint has gotten out of hand.

Curious Constance

It's one of our favorites too. It's probably a close second for me right behind POTC. But I just hope they don't take it down for a long refurbishment next year since I'll be there at some point. A trip to DL without Pirates or Splash would still be amazing and fun, but my heart would be sad having to miss them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom