1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

What Ride/Event/Show do you wish you SKIPPED with your children?

Discussion in 'WDW with Kids' started by VTdisneytravel, May 20, 2015.

1. blana

blana New Member

Tough to Be a Bug.

DiSnEyF@n likes this.
  2. buseegal

buseegal Active Member

when one grandson was 4 years old he loved Tower Of Terror and Dinosaur but was bored to tears by Haunted Mansion

DiSnEyF@n likes this.
  3. DisneyPrincess5

DisneyPrincess5 Well-Known Member

I was terrified of Haunted Mansion and Dinosaur for so long. I didn't open my eyes on either until I was about 24 years old :jawdrop::hungover::joyfull:

4. DaisyDoesDisney

DaisyDoesDisney Well-Known Member

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

There's a reason it's not there anymore. Scariest attraction ever. My then 10 year old was screaming and crying and trying to get out of the restraint. It was awful because I couldn't do anything to help.

DiSnEyF@n likes this.
  5. DiSnEyF@n

DiSnEyF@n Well-Known Member

I can only imagine... I get a little scared in that studio still thinking about that show.

DaisyDoesDisney likes this.
  6. dlmof2

dlmof2 New Member

My 3 year olds were terrified of bugs life. Captain EO was boring to all of us.

7. Mamaof2QTs

Mamaof2QTs Member

I agree it depends on the kid and their age. However, I totally regret taking our toddler on Pirates of the Caribbean. She flipped out with the drop in the beginning, then it's immediately loud. She cried all the way through the ride. Then freaked out on every ride after that. She is more sensitive than our 3-year-old who never had problems at any age.

Here is a good test; if your kid freaks out riding through a car wash, stick to Dumbo.

8. Squigglove

Squigglove Active Member

My baby (1 turning 2) did NOT appreciate the Hall of Presidents! LOL

DfromATX likes this.
  9. DfromATX

DfromATX Well-Known Member

This made me laugh. I know *most* people hate Stitch, but it was our first ride ever (when my youngest was 4) so we will never forget how TERRIFIED he was in that thing. He cried the whole time!

10. DfromATX

I hope this doesn't make me seem unpatriotic, but I didn't appreciate it much either! :p

11. NYwdwfan

NYwdwfan Well-Known Member

I laughed when she said it!

So we're you the person that used their cellphone flashlight to illuminate the pitch black in an effort to calm their own kid whilst ruining the experience for every other person in the room? I'm sure not - but that actually happened when my 9 year old and I went on which contributed to her hatred for the experience.

12. DfromATX

Not I! :angelic:

NYwdwfan likes this.
  13. Baltar

Baltar $4 billion for EPCOT

My 7 yr old daughter is on the Autism Spectrum and a few things set her off. She gets really stressed by things that could cause pain. She's very sweet and compassionate and if she sees a show with anything about bees stinging, or jellyfish stinging, that sorta thing it upsets her.

Thankfully in the past few months she seems to have learned better coping skills with things that stress her. But as you can imagine, she did not like It's Tough to be a Bug at all. She covers her eyes during the jelly fish scene in the Nemo ride.

She doesn't like rides with quick jerking and neither does my son who is 5 so that time I took them on Test Track they won't let me forget it. haha. We're planning for the October trip and they are like "Don't make us ride Test Track this time Daddy. You tricked us last year."

So I'm going to skip Dinosaur with them this year too haha.

Weather_Lady likes this.
  14. Baltar

Baltar $4 billion for EPCOT

My daughter and son would agree with your kid. Both are cute and cautious too. :D

DVCPluto likes this.
  15. ScarletBegonias

ScarletBegonias Well-Known Member

Carosel of Progress! First, I hadn't been in ten years, and second, I've never been on it. My rebellious daughter does not like to sit still in things like that and she was BORED. Luckily her little snack cup saved the day. Once you are on this, there is no getting off. I was so scared she was going to have a meltdown. My own fault for just jumping on without ever being on it!

16. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

Stitch! It was the only thing in all of WDW that the kids absolutely hated -- they weren't scared, just bored and annoyed.

Just about everything else we did was a hit, although to be fair, we spent a lot of time before their first trip showing them on-ride videos on Youtube and talking about attractions, so they could make informed choices about whether they really wanted to try things like Expedition Everest, RnR, and Splash Mountain, etc. My youngest didn't try most of those, because she was sure she wouldn't enjoy them. My daredevil son did, and even if they weren't his favorite (he doesn't care to do Expedition Everest again, for example), at least he wasn't surprised or traumatized.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    ScarletBegonias likes this.
  17. Ted Daggett

Ted Daggett Member

When my daughter was 4 we took her on Bugs Life, and she absolutely hated it. Started screaming hysterically, which she never had done before. Seven years later when my son was 5 we took him on Bugs Life (because Space Mtn. is his favorite ride, we figured he was immune to being scared) and he also had a mini panic attack.

Same trip when my son was 5, he did not like Dinosaur... was calm on the ride, but afterwards said he wouldn't go on it again because the dinosaurs jumping out scared him.

Both Dinosaur and Bugs life are DARK. So if your kids have fears of the dark, then I wouldn't recommend.

18. Dreaming of Disney World

Dreaming of Disney World New Member

It's a Small World. We were all completely bored, including my 14 month old.

19. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom Active Member

Magic Carpets and Little Mermaid in the MK. Our 2 yo granddaughter was terrified of both. She was also terrified of Dumbo (go figure!), but my 4 yo granddaughter said "Don't worry grandma, I'll sit on the outside so you don't fall out" and that made it worth it for me. But who knew our 2 yo was afraid of heights.

20. DfromATX

Awww, I love that one!