What resorts have you been to?

steviej

On paper, yeah BLT should have been epic. In reality, for us, it was not. We've stayed there twice and probably won't do it again unless we really need to stay at a MK resort and the Poly and VGF are already fully booked. Our pros & cons, based on our two stays, would look like:
PRO:
Great views, we had a lake view one stay and a partial theme park view on another.
Walking to MK is pretty awesome.
Lobby smells awesome, but so do many other DVC lobbies.
CON:
Check-in experience on both visits was horrible
The rooms were heavily worn and not what we expected.
Sliding bathroom doors with no latch or lock!?!? When did I book a room in an RV, oh wait, at least RV bathroom doors have a latch and a lock.
Getting to every other Disney park is a PITA and can take a while. Folks like to complain about AKL transportation, something I've never had issue with, but BLT transportation is worse IMO unless you are going to MK.
No food option!! Why do I have to trek all the way to the Contemporary to eat or eat at a pool!?!?

Perhaps I went in with too high of expectations.

I agree with you. I stayed there in january, been wanting to stay there for years, it was never available.

It left me "meh". Had a theme park view, and what a sight. I literally could've sat on my balcony looking at that view for hours.

But at the end of the day, I don't need to stay there again.

thumper

Contemporary (1st visit back in '77 and 3x after)!
Polynesian (2x)
WL (2x)
Caribbean Beach (2x)
Port Orleans (when it was called Port Orleans 2x)
Dixie Landings (when it was called DL 1x)
POR (Nov 2016)

TeriofTerror

Camped at Fort Wilderness
AS Sports
Pop Century
CBR
CSR
PO-R
PO-FQ
AKL-KV
Boardwalk Villas
Yacht Club
BLT
Contemporary
SS
Polynesian
* Also Grand Californian and Vero Beach

Plowboy

Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside (when it was Dixie Landings), Port Orleans French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge Villas, Beach Club Villas, All Star Sports, Old Key West Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Pop Century, Coronado Springs. Although not intentionally, it seems we're trying to stay at all the resorts at least once. :joyfull:

Tinkerbella16

All Star Sports, Music and Movies
Pop Century
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
French Quarter
Riverside
Beach Club

We just got back from the Beach Club and oh man, this place had me at hello! My next 2 trips are booked there. We got an awesome deal for Labor Day week, at $200/night. We were booked in standard view, and got upgraded to garden view, literally right next to the lobby on the ground floor. My view was of the main courtyard. The proximity to 2 parks was just awesome. The pool really is amazing. The restaurants are great. I am so sorry POR, I love you but I love BC more! lol

bee

Pop Century
Art of Animation
All Star Music
All Star Sports
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter (coming up!)
Swan
Dolphin

As strange as it may seem, I have always booked All Star Movies. Value resorts are best for those who like to spend 20 hours in the parks with brief stops for sleep every few days. Haha!

LSUxStitch

All Star Sports
All Star Music
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Bay Lake Tower

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Cabins at Fort Wilderness - 2009
PO Riverside - 2013
Boardwalk Villas - 2014
POP (Half)Century - 2014
Caribbean Beach - 2015
PO French Quarter - 2015
Animal Kingdom Jambo House - 2016 (one night in a 3-bedroom Grand Villa!!)
Grand Floridian Villas - 2016

I just booked a trip where we will be staying at Coronado Springs Resort. Add that one to my list for 2016!!

BTW... I think this is the latest I have ever booked a trip... only 31 days until arrival. I really need to get some planning done!!

jim1051

Contemporary
Polynesian
Grand Floridian
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Old Key West
Animal Kingdom Kidani
Saratoga Springs
Vero Beach
Hilton Head

Missymoe4

Contemporary | Wings and Tower * (tied for favorite)
Grand Floridian | Conceriage Level * (tied for favorite)
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge (WDW bumped us from Coronado Springs)
Yacht Club (impressive in its own way)
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Pop
All Star Sports

hoffman1

All-Star Music
All-Star Movies
All-Star Sports
Pop Century
Art of Animation
Port Orleans Riverside
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani

surfsupdon

The only Values we have stayed at are Pop Century and Art of Animation...and we will return there for budget trips. No All Stars.

For Moderates, we stayed at Caribbean Beach exclusively in the 90s, and have recently been enjoying Riverside on a few return trips. We stayed at Coronado Springs as well, but would not likely ever return.

For Deluxes, we have tried out Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Wilderness Lodge. They were nice, but we haven't returned, but would not be opposed to returning. We pretty much exclusively stay at Yacht & Beach Clubs and BoardWalk, making multiple trips to these Resorts. We will stay at Swan and Dolphin if there are no WDW discounts available.

Beacon Joe

Grand Floridian
Polynesian club level
Animal Kingdom Lodge club level
Shades of Green
Contemporary Resort
And this one time in college... the All Star Sports, right after it opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom