1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

What pins to trade and not to trade at all!

Discussion in 'WDW Tips' started by Bacon, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Show pictures of the pins that are not rare and can easily be traded with out guilt! (btw make them really cheap pin as high as you can go is 8 bucks)

Andrew_Animatronic likes this.
  2. Andrew_Animatronic

Andrew_Animatronic Member

A funny story/something that could help. They hand out small, American flag pins that count as official pins while you wait outside MK during Fourth of July. You can grab a bunch of them, and they can be traded as actual pins to cast members. :joyfull:

The_Jobu likes this.
  3. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thanks

4. NormC

NormC Well-Known Member

You can trade them all. It is your choice. I personally have favorites that I would not trade and have filler material that I do trade. What I consider filler this year may have been a theme that I wanted to collect three years ago and got bored. My keepers may be your traders. That is how it works.

5. E-ticket Princess

E-ticket Princess Member

Check out Pinpics.com. It is a complete and comprehensive on line catalog of everything released over the last 15 years or so. I do a search on my new aquisitions each night to check their value. Mostly it is keeping what you love and trading what you don't though.

6. BigRedDad

BigRedDad Well-Known Member

My take on pin trading is that CMs have all of the same pins that are on eBay for $0.50 each. Pin trading is not the same as it was 5 years ago. After spending $100s on the starter/booster packs to trade for $0.50 pins, I stopped buying packs. If we are getting $0.50 pins, we are trading $0.50 pins. In the end, even the $15 pins only cost Disney about $0.20. They have no reason to enforce or police the issue.

If you want to trade good pins for good pins, you need to do it with the professional traders.

RustySpork and RyanH like this.
  7. Martin T.

Martin T. Active Member

My daughter thought she was supposed to trade with each and every CM she ran into. We were kinda upset with her at a point that she had traded away all the starter booster pins we got her, for basically crap. I asked her what she really liked, and gave her an example that mom was always on the look out for Stitch. We bought her some Minnie pins, and some frozen and she started to understand, to trade the frozen for Minnie themed ones she wanted. I had my Pirate and Star Wars on, when we got stopped at DHS. The guy really tried to trade for my coveted Framed "we wants the redhead", the woman traded a minnie for a minnie with my Daughter, but I fear she got a raw deal. I think she traded a rare for 2016, for a common.

8. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

Does this jump to $12 for 2017?

You're not kidding, the CM pins are all starter pack pins that you can get for almost nothing. Something to be cautious of that I learned about while talking to a cast member who managed one of the pin shops, there (used to be and maybe still is) a huge problem with knock off pins being traded down at WDW. They phony pin peddlers were brazen enough to set up shop right out side of the pin store at Disney Springs, and were there almost daily from what we were told until security did something about it. I don't know what that something is, I assume they were trespassed.. Disney's made a bunch of changes to their pins over the years to try and prevent counterfeiting. Who would have thought that counterfeit Disney pins is a thing.

We only trade with cast if we trade at all anymore.

The_Jobu likes this.
  9. Driver

Driver Member

I beg to differ they purposefully plant collector pins with CM's you just have to hunt them down