What other hobbies/addictions do you guys have?

Figaro928

Stay at home mom...so... can kids count as hobbies? lol....right now my full time "hobby" is potty training the most defiant 2 1/2 year old imaginable.

Disney is such a great mind escape. "just go to a happy place, just go to a happy place"

Oh, and I'm very pinteresting....o_O

Goofyernmost

I like going to the gym and playing guitar. Also a huge dog lover. Anything dog related I support. Love football, soccer, and baseball big time as well. We take our sports serious in the Washington DC area. Video games of course to.
What do you have against little dogs?:joyfull:

Well, my latest one happened about 12 hours before my daughter's wedding. I reached to turn a ligh switch off and badly tore my plantar fascia. We didn't have time to see a doctor, so I had to go to the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and wedding in a wheel chair, and then spent te net 5 1/2 months in a boot.

I can laugh about it now, and if it had to happen, it was better that it happened to me I suppose. Makes for a memorable day!
Some people will do anything to be the center of attention. ;)

I have to watch my budget carefully if I am going to make it last the rest of my life. (Wouldn't it be crap if I die next week and deprived myself of stuff to save the money?) Well, at least my kids would be able to have some extra cash.:grumpy:

Anyway... I spend a lot of time on discussion forums. I do that with Disney because it is one place that I am familiar with and can contribute to them on occasion. As I grow older my biggest fear is losing the flexibility of my mind. (the body is already labeled as past the "best when used before" date) I feel that doing this stuff helps kept my mind working, thinking out of the box and debating, joking and being serious. The only other thing that can be closely called an obsession is golf. I cannot imagine how much I'd be hooked on the game if I actually played with any skill or ability. However, after 38 years of trying to improve, not much has changed so I've decided to just play it for fun, friendship and exercise.:)

Squirlz

My Wife and I are both car nuts. We each have a 2005 MINI Cooper S, Electric Blue with a white top. We bought them new before we met through a MINI club. Since then she bought a 1962 Falcon station wagon and won Best in Class at the 2010 Falcon Nationals.

I have a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V station wagon with a manual trans. One of 366 produced. A year ago she got a 2013 Morgan 3-Wheeler and that thing is a load of fun! She sold the Falcon with regrets, but realistically she would never drive or show the Falcon when she had the Morgan.

I also collect and build scale models as someone said years ago when this thread started. I have somewhere around 800 kits and I do build them occasionally.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I have a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V station wagon with a manual trans. One of 366 produced.

*drool* so rare... so fast... such a sleeper... do want!!

I'd settle for a 2012 CTS Coupe non-V version though.

I had a 1st Gen manual (5spd) CTS and worked on the 1stGen and 2ndGen nav systems before they went to CUE (3rdGen).

TB4244

I'm a member of the 501st Legion, yes those guys who do the parade at SWW (I'll get to do it one day). So we have a lot of fun getting out there in armour attending events, raising money for charities and making a lot of people happy (or cry coz we're scary).

Livialovesdisney

All[COUNTDOWN=][/COUNTDOWN]

All these hobbies are so cool! I also love reading, going fishing, cooking, knitting scarves and hats, embroidery, studying languages(I learned Spanish, not fluent yet, and now focusing on Italian basics, haha.)

My main thing is to write, maybe I will write for Disney one day? ;) That would be a dream come true. I would love to script write a disney movie :p

Go to the theatre, i go every year. I live theatre and ballet and opera a lot :)

Also, i'm a big nerd. I really love super heros so all superhero related movies (DC comics... marvel (owned by disney *facepalm), and Star wars, lord of the rings, Narnia etc. I love all that stuff.

Bike riding... That's all i can think of at the moment. :p

FutureCEO

Nerd here also. Not a big nerd as some people. Just got into Star Trek with the new movies. Star Wars. Doctor Who. Harry Potter. I never read comics but love the movies.

Anglophile/Britophile is my big obsession. Bigger than Disney. Would love to move to London or anywhere in Europe one day. Probably won't happen though. Love British TV, music, culture, artitecture, accents....

ie.....so much so I get sad whenever Rick Steves Scotland or England is on.

Jahona

Since I got out of Animation and switched to graphic design I guess animation is a hobby now... :(

I'm an avid gamer on PC. I also do Milsim/Airsoft as well as referee/admin local games.
I dabble in rc vehicles, mainly those that fly. Been debating on getting a Phantom 2 drone.

BuddyThomas

Going to the gym daily because somehow when I was asleep, I hit the the 40's and now my metabolism has come to a complete stop and if I put on cherry Chapstick, I gain 19 pounds.

Going to lots of shows (plays, musicals, concerts) because it relates to my job.

Going to vineyards and wineries everywhere because it is awesome fun and also because some article in some magazine said there is now at least one winery in every state of America, and I intend to visit every one. Well, as many as possible. There are even a couple in Florida which is scary, but I want to taste that swamp water dammit!

Lots of books, lots of movies, lots of ridiculous reality shows.

Spending money I don't have to spend.

Not contributing to a 401K, living paycheck to paycheck, basically assuring that I will be a homeless person when I am 78.

Enjoying life and remembering that every moment counts, and that we are not guaranteed a tomorrow, so make every second count.

I think that pretty much sums up my hobbies and addictions.

Oh wait, I forgot heroin, crack, and coke.

Just kidding!!!! Drinking around the world is more than enough for me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom