What other hobbies/addictions do you guys have?

flynnibus

Premium Member
You should make it over to VIR. I am about to begin work on obtaining my comp license. Currently teching for my best friend's family team.

Yeah, VIR is bigger, but SP is just so close :) Less than an hour away and still a very fun track with a front straight long enough to get pretty good speed on.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Now I upgraded to a 5.0 mustang and would love to put some hot laps in, but I have little interest in modifying this car.. and hence making it more track suitable.

I'd watch how you hotlap that thing. I know a few with Boss302 and 2011 5.0 that have had BAD tranny issues after a few laps. The baffles you can pull out on the side pipes on the Boss really are nifty for a free extra grunt. You can buy the midpipe and put it on a GT. Good choice on leaving the Z behind! ;)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Yeah, VIR is bigger, but SP is just so close :) Less than an hour away and still a very fun track with a front straight long enough to get pretty good speed on.

Oh heck yes! That front strait is crucial. I love turn three and accelerating flat out through eight and nine with a good aero setup. The Diasio in the video just needs a very slight light in ten but otherwise its a 6th gear turn. Very dumbing to feel turns like that with aero knowing it shouldn't be able to stick through it. We have an event or two at SP in the Fall, I'll have to let you know when.

nepalostparks

Disney World is definitely my "main" obsession, no doubt there. So much so we moved to Florida this year to be closer and allow me to focus on being a travel agent.

I also maintain a website and am working on a book on the defunct amusement parks in Northeastern Pennsylvania (hence my screen name NEPA Lost Parks ;)).

A few other hobbies include coin collecting, writing, reading, and computer games - mostly strategy/simulation, although I've dabbled in WoW (my partner is a full on addict, he's played since day one).

nepalostparks

I've let my car obscession quiet down. After selling my last car (z) for motor problems.. I can't help but think the track days weren't exactly HELPING the situation. Plus tires and wear gets expensive :) I would run my Z on track days at Summit Point

Now I upgraded to a 5.0 mustang and would love to put some hot laps in, but I have little interest in modifying this car.. and hence making it more track suitable.

Now I just keep to my pinball stuff. Fixing and playing.. here's part of the collection.
1108068219_EZMjA-L.jpg

Very cool. Twilight Zone is a great one, I remember playing that one a lot. My grandmother owned a small arcade, so I grew up playing A LOT of pinball and other games.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Very cool. Twilight Zone is a great one, I remember playing that one a lot. My grandmother owned a small arcade, so I grew up playing A LOT of pinball and other games.

There are two more not in the photo... High Speed II:The Getaway and Flash Gordon
I need to install some real circuits to keep adding more games :)

olinecoach61

I coach high school football so that's my other big passion. I also have a dept 56 collection that I enjoy putting together each holiday season.

Redsky89

I like going to the gym and playing guitar. Also a huge dog lover. Anything dog related I support. Love football, soccer, and baseball big time as well. We take our sports serious in the Washington DC area. Video games of course to.

Lucky

Yes I know.. I'm friends with Mr Silverman :) He was in Georgetown before. The Pinball Hall of Fame (more a straight up arcade) in Vegas is even more impressive in size. I think David has more games, but he doesn't have as many playable or playable in the Museum.
My wife knows him too. She used to take my son to Georgetown a lot. Baltimore is a little farther away from us but they've been a couple of times.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My wife knows him too. She used to take my son to Georgetown a lot. Baltimore is a little farther away from us but they've been a couple of times.

Yeah, I haven't been to the Baltimore location. Limited interest.. there are much more impressive collections in my friends' houses I can play for free :) I put my coin drop at the local bar we play league at (tonight too!) to try to support on-location gaming. We have about 15 games there now.

Even tho my family is all from downtown baltimore.. everyone lives outside the city now so I'm rarely downtown.

FutureCEO

I've broken the same wrist 3 times to the point where I have a metal plate in my wrist

Anyway....I'm obsessed with Britain so much that I want to move there but it seems impossible. I love love love Doctor Who. I should go to the gym but I don't because I'm lazy. I want to write a book someday. Oh, a job I like would be nice too. I want to travel the world so if anybody wants a travel buddy, I'm free. I would like to zip line and other outdoorsy things.

Nemo14

Well, my latest one happened about 12 hours before my daughter's wedding. I reached to turn a ligh switch off and badly tore my plantar fascia. We didn't have time to see a doctor, so I had to go to the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and wedding in a wheel chair, and then spent te net 5 1/2 months in a boot.

Pooh Lover

Well, my latest one happened about 12 hours before my daughter's wedding. I reached to turn a ligh switch off and badly tore my plantar fascia. We didn't have time to see a doctor, so I had to go to the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and wedding in a wheel chair, and then spent te net 5 1/2 months in a boot.

You have actually made me feel MUCH better about some of the things I've been doing lately! I hope you've healed fully....that is a tough one.

Nemo14

I can laugh about it now, and if it had to happen, it was better that it happened to me I suppose. Makes for a memorable day!

luv

I swim. I'm like half fish. If I didn't wrinkle up, I think I could spend most of my awake hours in water and be perfectly happy. I actually prefer water.

I read. Mostly novels.

I frequently read while in the pool.

I scrapbook. I did this before it was popular and still do. I liked that it caught on...you could buy so much more stuff. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The only other hobby I seem to have time for these day are video games. My primary poison has been first person shooters on the Xbox360 (Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Portal, etc). Now that I just got a new gaming rig I might dip my foot back into PC gaming pool again. I do not do much in the way of multi-player as gaming is my way to disconnect to the world.

If time and money were not an issue I would love to get back into mountain biking, paintball, plastic models and model railroading.

WDWNooby

Seems Jimmy Thick and I have two things in common besides WDW...Bears football AND World of Warcraft :) My other "hobby" is helping shuttle my granddaughter to and from gymnastics and cheer leading stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom