What other hobbies/addictions do you guys have?

71dsp

Original Poster
For me, it's pretty much anything car related. :D

I'm in the middle of rebuilding a track car, and I'm hoping I can hit the track again later this year. Last time out was back in 2008.

My son (7) wants to give kart racing a try. We planned to go to a school this summer, but I've been working an insane schedule as of late.

SAV

I'm an avid Geocacher and have "found" 5 virtual caches in WDW. On our last trip in June, I woke up extra early to make a run out to Celebration mid-trip to grab some caches while the rest of the family slept.

Beholder

Where do I start? The last 8-9 years have been travel soccer for my daughter. She plays, but I've since fell in love with the sport. I also consider myself somewhat of a car guy. I'm in the beginning stages of a complete rebuild of a 64' Fairlane. I'm an old comic nerd from way back. I love music. I love building fine scale models (though I collect more than I build). And reading. I like reading.

I like to keep busy.

wiigirl

Lol, beside WDW?? :p

75.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've let my car obscession quiet down. After selling my last car (z) for motor problems.. I can't help but think the track days weren't exactly HELPING the situation. Plus tires and wear gets expensive :) I would run my Z on track days at Summit Point

Now I upgraded to a 5.0 mustang and would love to put some hot laps in, but I have little interest in modifying this car.. and hence making it more track suitable.

Now I just keep to my pinball stuff. Fixing and playing.. here's part of the collection.
1108068219_EZMjA-L.jpg

fbp

Running, cooking, traveling, reading, personal finance, painting, life planning, bothering my wife and cat.

joanna71985

Besides Disney? My main hobby is photography. I LOVE taking pictures, and just took 1100 pictures (in one night!) at a show. :eek: I also enjoy playing the piano (have played since I was 5 years old), and hope to take up the violin in the future

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm a sports referee, jigsaw puzzle fanatic, do needlework, and like to pop off a few at the range (will be getting a zombie target next time - preparing for the rabid zombie apocalypse) I also have a couple of bird feeders in the yard, along with a fountain, so have a lot of feathered friends dropping by.

I wouldn't call yard work a hobby - down here it's a chore.

Kramerica

Well. I lift weights every morning. But honestly, I hate it. Just do it to stay in shape. Things I actually enjoy doing with my time. Anything and everything with computers. Building them. Learning about them. etc. I love to collect autographs. Three of my favorites being Jerry Seinfeld, Howard Stern, and my pride and joy. The cast of Back to the Future. I'm very big into guns as my dad is an FFL. Snowboarding in the winter is big to me. That's about it I guess. I'm boring.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You'd like the National Pinball Museum in Baltimore. It was started a few years ago by a guy who had collected dozens of old machines.

Yes I know.. I'm friends with Mr Silverman :) He was in Georgetown before. The Pinball Hall of Fame (more a straight up arcade) in Vegas is even more impressive in size. I think David has more games, but he doesn't have as many playable or playable in the Museum.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I've let my car obscession quiet down. After selling my last car (z) for motor problems.. I can't help but think the track days weren't exactly HELPING the situation. Plus tires and wear gets expensive :) I would run my Z on track days at Summit Point

Now I upgraded to a 5.0 mustang and would love to put some hot laps in, but I have little interest in modifying this car.. and hence making it more track suitable.

You should make it over to VIR. I am about to begin work on obtaining my comp license. Currently teching for my best friend's family team.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom