What little things that WDW used to do/have do you miss?

math mathson

Another little thing I miss is the pulled pork on waffle fries at the Golden Oak Outpost. I had them early last year and the next time I went back two months later they had been replaced by chicken nuggets. Really? They go and replace a simple, yet unique, item with chicken nuggets??? I've noticed the line there is never as long as it used to be.
I second that!! The last time I was there I had poutine waffle fries and BLT waffle fries.

NiarrNDisney

When was there a McDonald's at the MK? I remember they used to sell the fries from a cart in Frontierland, but I don't remember a real McD's anywhere near the MK.

I may be wrong but wasn't Golden Oaks Outpost the in park McDonald's for Magic Kingdom? Also was GOO always there or was it built just to tote McD's?

Last edited:

Bella

I also miss the simplicity of going on the attractions. My husband and I are both disabled and we can only enjoy the mild rides. We used to get a disability card and were able to use the Fast Pass lines but because some bad apples abused the privilege we are all punished! That's not right.

Clover Bailey

When was there a McDonald's at the MK? I remember they used to sell the fries from a cart in Frontierland, but I don't remember a real McD's anywhere near the MK.

That's what I meant, McDonald's golden fries in Frontierland. They also closed the McDonald's in Disney Springs, presumably to make way for another Starbucks location.

jimbo mack

Four words (hopefully this hasn't been said yet): Pink sand hand soap ;)

But seriously:
-Mickey's Starland Show
-Minnie's Country Christmas and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas shows

I remember when I was child the pink sand hand soap used to fascinate me - I can still remember the smell to this day. Shame they did away with that.

CptRon

Well, at the moment, I'm missing the restaurant menus on the disneyworld.disney.go.com site. Ironically, this is being returned:

Someone Ate the Page!
Or for some other reason, the page you're looking for cannot be located. Just in case, please check the URL.

newhorizons1

I miss E-Ride nights at the Magic Kingdom.
I miss the old food court and game room that was located downstairs at the Contemporary, only for nostalgic reasons.
I miss Alien Encounter.

Keith2426

I could go on forever about what I miss at WDW but here are a few things off the top of my head:

• E Ticket nights at the Magic Kingdom
  • Riding in the front of the monorail. What an amazing experience!
  • MGM Studios
  • Stuffed Jalapeño pretzels
  • Pre fast pass
  • The Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island
  • Not having to plan every minute of your Disney vacation ahead of time
  • The Great Movie Ride Yes I miss it already! What a loss!!!
  • The Skyway at the Magic Kingdom.

ElvisMickey

Staying at Pleasure Island after midnight and grabbing a late night dinner from McD's to bring back to my Hotel room...I'm not a fan that Springs just shuts down at 12......Yeah the resort is 45 and can't stay up late due to it's age...But, I still need something...

Dude, this was literally every night of my trips to WDW back in the day lol. Unless it was a lucky night at Pleasure Island, then the McDonald's sort of slid down the scale on the level of importance ha ha! But in all seriousness, totally this, then up at the crack of dawn for rope drop. A little hung over :hungover:.

cosmicgirl

Dude, this was literally every night of my trips to WDW back in the day lol. Unless it was a lucky night at Pleasure Island, then the McDonald's sort of slid down the scale on the level of importance ha ha! But in all seriousness, totally this, then up at the crack of dawn for rope drop. A little hung over :hungover:.

On our first ever trip we were on an extremely tight budget and stayed off-site, but still wanted to spend as much time as possible in WDW. After our Disney tickets ran out, as well as on early park closing days we went to DTD every night to eat at McD's and watch the Pleasure Island New Year's fireworks. McD's food was cheaper than Disney food, so this was the best of both worlds and we have very fond memories of it! Also, I think it's the only McD's I've ever been to that served pizza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom