What Lenses do you carry around all day?

ddbowdoin

I measured the inside of the bag and you have about 8 inches in depth. I have my Nikon D50 in there with the 55 - 200 mm lens on there with no issues and room to spare. The D50 with the 55-200 mm lens is just under 6.5 inches in length. I would not hesitate putting a longer lense on the camera and then in the bag. Worst case scenario, there are additional compartments that would easily hold a larger lense, just maybe not on the camera.

I have a crumpler Millionair 6... I had to take out all of the pockets to fit my D7000 with 70-20VRII

6million-crumpler.jpg

BIG

5510590587_85cf029c78_z.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
I just wish I was better at changing lens.. I'm always a freak about holding the camera or lens so stuff doesn't fall into the exposed area and I always wish I had a third hand. I want a camera bag that acts like that third hand and gives me snap-n-go :)

NowInc

I always endorse the lowpro slingbags for a few reasons:

1.) easy to slide down and switch out lenses or put the camera away/take it out.
2.) WATERPROOF (well..rain/water ride proof)
3.) In case you go to another theme park whos name I will withhold where you are forced to use lockers on most rides...it fits in those PERFECTLY.

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Sling...e=UTF8&qid=1344341302&sr=8-1&keywords=lowepro

Then again, I am also only using 2 lenses of "normal" size..no super zooms etc (as much as I would want to).

ddbowdoin

Yeah...thats not going to fit in the sling bag. So jealous though, yours is sooo much bigger than mine. I have lense envy.
smiley-laughing002.gif
it's the fastest, sharpest lens I have ever owned... I would have never have purchased the lens if I wasn't making money off my work though. Shooting weddings when it isn't your primary career is a great form of cash flow. But I basically just reinvest every dime I make into the business, so it's not all that amazing. Tax write offs are fun though.

ddbowdoin

I just wish I was better at changing lens.. I'm always a freak about holding the camera or lens so stuff doesn't fall into the exposed area and I always wish I had a third hand. I want a camera bag that acts like that third hand and gives me snap-n-go :)

I'm the same way... have to make sure that body is facing down! I've never been confident with the sensor blowers, I always fear I'll do damage in some way.

wiigirl

A quick suggestion...I recently purchased a Case Logic camera sling that has been great. It easiely holds the camera with lens as well as two other lenses. In additon it has a spot to carry a tripod (mine is just under 6 feet in size) and additional compartments for a spare battery, battery charger, and lens filters. The best part about it was the price, just under $50.00. I know that Lowepro tends to be the name brand but I wouldn't give up my bag for anything.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-DCB-308-Camera-Sling/dp/B004JMZPJQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344121950&sr=8-1&keywords=case logic camera sling

Sweet!! I have been looking for something like this! :D

75.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm the same way... have to make sure that body is facing down! I've never been confident with the sensor blowers, I always fear I'll do damage in some way.

I already learned don't leave the lens in your lap.. lost a lens by reaching for the bag and forgetting the lens was there in my lap :/

Luckily it was only the kit lens.. and I bought a used one off ebay :)

ddbowdoin

I already learned don't leave the lens in your lap.. lost a lens by reaching for the bag and forgetting the lens was there in my lap :/

Luckily it was only the kit lens.. and I bought a used one off ebay :)

KEH is the way to go... their ratings are super conservative, so even the "bargain" lenses are in great shape

Joshua&CalebDad

I always endorse the lowpro slingbags for a few reasons:

1.) easy to slide down and switch out lenses or put the camera away/take it out.
2.) WATERPROOF (well..rain/water ride proof)
3.) In case you go to another theme park whos name I will withhold where you are forced to use lockers on most rides...it fits in those PERFECTLY.

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Sling...e=UTF8&qid=1344341302&sr=8-1&keywords=lowepro

Then again, I am also only using 2 lenses of "normal" size..no super zooms etc (as much as I would want to).

I agree with all of your points. However you reminded me of another point;

The Logic Case bag, like the Lowepro, also has a rain cover that slides out of one of the compartments and covers up the whole bag in case it starts to rain. Luckily enough I haven't been in a situation yet where I had to use it. I just know it is there just in case.

ddbowdoin

I agree with all of your points. However you reminded me of another point;

The Logic Case bag, like the Lowepro, also has a rain cover that slides out of one of the compartments and covers up the whole bag in case it starts to rain. Luckily enough I haven't been in a situation yet where I had to use it. I just know it is there just in case.

luckily my body/lenses are weather sealed... ive shot in open pouring rain, its awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom