What is your favorite place to stay....

Boardwalker

Original Poster
and why?

Looking for a different adventure next time. We have done boardwalk the last 4 times. We like not getting on buses, and the proximity to Epcot and DHS. So let's hEAR it !

epcotisbest

We like trying different DVC resorts and have now stayed at most of them, with the only repeat being VWL. I would say it is our favorite because of location, wonderful theme, good restaurants, boat to MK and we simply like it there, but if we have a chance to stay at one we have not yet experienced, then that would be our first choice, just to try it. So far we have not stayed at AKLV, Treehouse at SSR and the soon to open GFV, so those three are on our list to try.

HollyAD

Wilderness Lodge Villas are actually my favorite when we stay DVC. They are located in their own beautifully themed building and it really takes you away from the business of WDW. The perks are that you have bus and boat service. Boats to MK run pretty efficiently in my opinion and I have never had a bus problem there. You can also hop on a boat that will just run you to another resort to explore or enjoy dinner elsewhere. The quick service is located in the main lodge but it is one of the better ones. There is not a long walk to the bus area and you are actually just as close as some people staying in the Lodge. The Lodge is beautiful and we really appreciated the outdoors and the overall atmosphere. I think it is a must try at least once.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Ours is our home resort of SSR, because we like the quiet after the hustle and bustle of the parks. We have stayed at most of the DVC resorts, and they all have pros and cons, but we stay at SSR the most. We don't mind the bus rides either. We always request the Grandstand area, since it has it's own quiet pool, pool bar, and is the first stop to/from the parks.

SAMANTHA

We love Old Key West. It is always quiet and the rooms that we get seem to be larger than at the other resorts . We have stayed at a couple of DVC resorts and we still come back to OKW.
We will still have to try them all out. But for now this one is our favorite.

Ralphlaw

Boardwalk, for location and cheap points. For one night before a cruise, Animal Kingdom for the animals and the overall coolness factor.

Phonedave

All have benefits and drawbacks. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Villas at Wilderness Lodge. As others have said, the combination of the themeing, the pool, the dining options, the proximity to the Magic Kingdom (and California Grill) and the bus service seems up to par makes this my favorite.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - specifically Kidani Village is my least favority. The fact that it is miles away from every park except AK, the lack of a Quick Service option in the resort, the location of the pool, the pool itself (the kids area is great, but I'm not a kid), and the layout of the resort (if you are down the end of the wing, you are far from at least something) is not made up by the themeing or the ability to see animals.

All of the others (having never stayed at Bay Lake Tower or Old Key West) pretty much all rank the same with me. Some have better themeing, transportation, location, or services than others that all seem to offset each other.

-dave

Disneykidder

I've only stayed at AKV Kidani and BLT.

BLT is amazing. The location is incredible. The activities there are great and the pool is fun, too. Chef Mickey's is right next door and the monorail is the best. We'd walk to the MK and take the mono home and be home in seconds. The Contempo Café is close and delicious. They have great desserts, too. I love the shopping there. The best thing is being able to hop the mono and go to the Poly and get dinner at one of the restaurants there or eat at their QS (Captain Cooks) and grab a dole whip. The mono is a quick hop and switch to Epcot. Drawback: the studio was small. They made a good use of the space with lots of shelves and pull outs (plus the kitchenette was huge) but it was small overall.

AKV Kidani is beautiful. The rooms are very large and the Savanna view is peaceful and incredible. There are great activities there and there are details everywhere. We love the shops, too. Drawback: KIdani has no QS which kind of stinks. We also were quite far from the main house/pool area. We were almost the last room in the U so it was a far walk for my little ones. We had a car so we drove to that area. The shuttle from Kidani to Jambo was a very long wait. I would def stay there again but I would stay in Jambo.

BCVTalsJam

Beach club!!!! We own there and have a hard time staying anywhere else! It's a wonderful resort so close that you can walk to two parks and only have to get on Busses for two parks...one if you cath the monorail in Epcot! And can I say stromalaong bay!

okw2006

and why?

Looking for a different adventure next time. We have done boardwalk the last 4 times. We like not getting on buses, and the proximity to Epcot and DHS. So let's hEAR it !
My wife's favorite is Boardwalk but I like OKW best. You have to bus everywhere but the grounds are beautiful!

KB LUVS MGM

DW and myself will be staying at the Boardwalk in November. We have stayed at the Yacht Club, Beach Club and Contemporary. We loved them all, but the convenience of walking to Epcot and HS is great. Only have to use transportation sparingly as you know. We loved the Contemporary's rooms much more and would have no problem going back.

toolsnspools

So far we have stayed at: blt, akl-kv, okw, ssr, and hhi. If I had to choose a favorite it would be hhi. I've enjoyed each resort that we stayed at though, and will probably revisit each before our 50 years are up. We plan to try them all eventually.

wdwtopten

Old Key West has big rooms, boat transport to DTD, and is pretty quiet.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge has great theme-ing, good restaurants, and boat service to MK.

Bay Lake Towers is super close to MK, the Cali Grill, and The Top of the World Lounge.

Animal Kingdom has great theme-ing and the animals are super cool. But it's far out there...

Mrs Pooh

My husband and I go for 18 days in Jan/Feb. We stay at our home resort which is BCV's but for the last 2 nights there we try a different resort. Last year we stayed at AKL and this year we are staying at the new GFV's.

Fox&Hound

Bay Lake is the best!!!!! You can walk to MK, hop on the monorail, close to restaurants (Chef Mickey, Ohana) and can get to EPCOT and MK easily. Love it!!!!!

trs518

So far we've stayed at BLT, Grand Californian, and Aulani. Our favorite depends on where you want to go.

We liked BLT for all the reasons mentioned above.

We loved the Grand Californian, because you can walk to two parks, plus have a theme park view.

We loved Aulani, for many reasons; it's in Hawaii, the pools are great, it's on the ocean.

slappy magoo

We've only stayed at SSR (home resort) VWL, BWV and BLT. Also stayed at VAK before it became DVC. And of course we're ridiculous looky-loos who have visited all the other WDW DVC resorts or dined there...

I'm going to take the controversial position that they each have something going for them (in your face, societal expectations!). I'd stay at any of them and not pitch a fuss, but my personal favorite is Bay Lake Tower, for all the reasons others have described. Great location, not only close to MK and the monorail to Epcot but four other resorts accessible by monorail or boat. Plus being so close to TTC and MK you're also by a hub which make it easier to go direct to other resorts if you want to without using your own transportation. I like how the new 1BR units there (and at VAK/VGF) have the additional bathroom in the 1BR units which we usually choose. If we went for studios I'd probably pick VGF for the extra bathroom, but we like getting a bit of privacy from the kids for late night Scrabble sessions and charades :rolleyes: My wife prefers SSR because she likes a bit of a respite from the thee park madness, but she's keen on BLT too. She didn't like BWV, she did like VWL and she has no desire to try BCV (despite its great location) or OKW. I'm sure I can twist her arm to try VGF one day, and the Poly when the time comes. And she loves, luuuuu(insert however many of the letter 'u' you think constitutes a lot)uuuvs Hilton Head.

epcotisbest

We've only stayed at SSR (home resort) VWL, BWV and BLT. Also stayed at VAK before it became DVC. And of course we're ridiculous looky-loos who have visited all the other WDW DVC resorts or dined there...

I'm going to take the controversial position that they each have something going for them (in your face, societal expectations!). I'd stay at any of them and not pitch a fuss, but my personal favorite is Bay Lake Tower, for all the reasons others have described. Great location, not only close to MK and the monorail to Epcot but four other resorts accessible by monorail or boat. Plus being so close to TTC and MK you're also by a hub which make it easier to go direct to other resorts if you want to without using your own transportation. I like how the new 1BR units there (and at VAK/VGF) have the additional bathroom in the 1BR units which we usually choose. If we went for studios I'd probably pick VGF for the extra bathroom, but we like getting a bit of privacy from the kids for late night Scrabble sessions and charades :rolleyes: My wife prefers SSR because she likes a bit of a respite from the thee park madness, but she's keen on BLT too. She didn't like BWV, she did like VWL and she has no desire to try BCV (despite its great location) or OKW. I'm sure I can twist her arm to try VGF one day, and the Poly when the time comes. And she loves, luuuuu(insert however many of the letter 'u' you think constitutes a lot)uuuvs Hilton Head.
BCV and OKW are both great. And we loved (with lots of u) Hilton Head Island. Posted more pics today:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/hilton-head-island-minimal-mickey-maximum-fun.880995/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom