What is your Favorite Past Attraction?

Hrudey3032

Does anyone else miss the Walter Cronkite version of SSE? Or is it just me? I always think of that as the original, because I was too young to remember the Vic Perrin narration.

For me, the order of best to worst goes 1) Cronkite (perhaps just for the childhood memories), 2) Jeremey Irons, and in a VERY DISTANT #3, Judi Dench.

I rode the Cronkite version when I was a young boy but I honestly could not remember anything he said yet I was always able to recite what Jeremy Irons said. I have always liked Cronkite personally but to me Irons voice was just so much better IMHO. I have gone back and watched the Cronkite version on youtube and other sites but still I prefer the Irons version best.

3IAlienKid

My first trip to WDW was in 1999, so I'd already missed a lot of the attractions other posters have listed. Of the ones I remember,

Cranium Command
SSE (Jeremy Irons narration)
Timekeeper
Alien Encounter
Stave Church exhibit (church building still there, church exhibit recently replaced)

OANDJ_DVC

Skyway, which I have vague, cloudy images of from when I used to come in the 70s.

Timekeeper - I like the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor but the Timekeeper was just so cool.

Horizons - again vague images from the early nineties.

If you had wings - vague 70s images

20,000 Leagues - and they had to go replace it with a playground?!?!?! Our kids are dead from all the walking. No interest....

puntagordabob

Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room

There is no equal...it was the earliest Disney memory I have all the way back to 1971... and while I LOVE a lot of Disney attractions...this is the one I love the most.

Thrill Seeker

For me the biggest ones are Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Horizons and Journey Into Imagination.

The Pooh ride just isn't nearly as good and could have easily been built somewhere else, Mission Space just wasn't all it was cracked up to be and the newer versions of JII aren't nearly as good as the original.

Dj Corona

Put down another vote(s) for Mr. Toad and the original Journey Into Imagination.....also come to think of it, POTC, minus the added movie tie-ins, (sorry, I know a lot of people like 'em....me and the fam, not so much!)

Chrononymous

I constantly mourn the loss of my favorite old attractions.
Most of them were in Epcot.

Highest on my list...Kitchen Kabaret in the Land!

I also really miss World of Motion, Cranium Command, the original Journey into Imagination and Horizons.

I miss the original Tiki Room, 20,000 leagues and I even sorta miss Alien Encounter (mostly for the tongue in cheek pre-show!)

Really, I miss all the original music from many of the now defunct attractions! I still listen to my WDW/EPCOT CD and feel sad.

Tiki Room (Original)
Figment (Original)
20,000 Leagues :( So sad about that
Mr. Toads
Body Wars (I liked that one)
And why don't they show the Disney Easter Parade I used to like watching that :( Not Fair At All :shrug:
I'm sure there is more I am missing

~Tinkerchelli~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom