What is your Favorite Disney Restaurant to dine at on the last night of your trip?

I am Timmy

It depends on the month of our trip (or season). In December (like this year) we hung out at the Osborne lights until closing, then ate at Hollywood and Vine (turned into Minnie's Holiday Dine). Now, we'll spend the last night in MK and eat at Liberty Tree because my kids (Ds 25, Ds 21) have always looked at that meal as their "holiday meal away from home", so they are obsessed with it for nostalgia's sake (used to be 2nd to last night). I was recently told, "because mac n' cheese with Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner in an old timey room!" Ok. Liberty Tree it is.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It depends on the month of our trip (or season). In December (like this year) we hung out at the Osborne lights until closing, then ate at Hollywood and Vine (turned into Minnie's Holiday Dine). Now, we'll spend the last night in MK and eat at Liberty Tree because my kids (Ds 25, Ds 21) have always looked at that meal as their "holiday meal away from home", so they are obsessed with it for nostalgia's sake (used to be 2nd to last night). I was recently told, "because mac n' cheese with Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner in an old timey room!" Ok. Liberty Tree it is.

Our first night home from college on break, my mom always cooked her amazing pot roast. And what LTT still serves at lunch is pretty close. So I get your sons' nostalgia about the food.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We don't have a "last night" restaurant.

We do have a pattern of having lunch at Chefs de France before heading to the airport.

Emadsen

We usually leave mid-day so we always go to Kona Cafe for breakfast for our last meal and have macadamia nut pancakes.... T-minus 184 days until pancakes.

Roknrollrghostr

We like the Boma dinner buffet on our last night. We also have a tradition of ending our trip with lunch at Yak & Yeti. We're big Animal Kingdom fans so we tend to make sure to start and end our trip there.

bee

We typically spend our last night in Epcot watching IllumiNations. Twice we've ended the night with the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party. We've also ended at California Grill watching Wishes (now Happily Ever After).

I am Timmy

We typically spend our last night in Epcot watching IllumiNations. Twice we've ended the night with the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party. We've also ended at California Grill watching Wishes (now Happily Ever After).
Nice! How did you like the Dessert Party? I've heard mixed reviews, about whether it's worth it, or better just to fast pass it, etc. We're going in Dec. and Illuminations is my eldest son's fav., is the location better than the fast pass one? Thanks for any info.!

bee

Nice! How did you like the Dessert Party? I've heard mixed reviews, about whether it's worth it, or better just to fast pass it, etc. We're going in Dec. and Illuminations is my eldest son's fav., is the location better than the fast pass one? Thanks for any info.!
Personally I liked it and would do it again. I wrote a review each time I attended:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/illuminations-sparkling-dessert-party-review.884637/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/updated-review-illuminations-sparkling-dessert-party.897878/
Basically, if you will get your money's worth in alcohol it's a good deal; if you're not a big drinker you'll probably feel like you wasted your money. And I'd never bring kids because you pay full price for 10 and up even though they obviously can't drink. I've never used a FP for IllumiNations so I can't compare the locations.

I am Timmy

Personally I liked it and would do it again. I wrote a review each time I attended:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/illuminations-sparkling-dessert-party-review.884637/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/updated-review-illuminations-sparkling-dessert-party.897878/
Basically, if you will get your money's worth in alcohol it's a good deal; if you're not a big drinker you'll probably feel like you wasted your money. And I'd never bring kids because you pay full price for 10 and up even though they obviously can't drink. I've never used a FP for IllumiNations so I can't compare the locations.
That was so helpful! My boys are over 21 now, but none of us drink so it doesn't sound like we'd get our money's worth. Thank you so much, you just saved me at least $200 (four of us), we'll just fast pass it again.

bee

That was so helpful! My boys are over 21 now, but none of us drink so it doesn't sound like we'd get our money's worth. Thank you so much, you just saved me at least $200 (four of us), we'll just fast pass it again.
You're welcome! Like everything else at Disney, some will love it and some will hate it and some will be meh. Glad I could help you make a decision as to what will fit your party's preferences!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom