What is Your Favorite Disney Endurance Race Perk?

What is Your Favorite Disney Endurance Race Perk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
For me, after all the years of rushing from place to place inside and out of Disney World parks, just having a chance to run through the parks with the blessing of the powers that be is a huge perk, but I have given you other options. :D

HollyBelle

Need I even say it?! First and foremost, the characters. Followed by the bling, of course. And really, I have no other races to compare Disney to, but I have to think they really do it up right with making you feel special... especially post race when you get to wear your medal around and all the characters/CMs notice it and comment. Plus it's great to talk with others post race about their experience, and they're easy to find due to the fabulous bling! :sohappy:

surfsupdon

My choice wasn't listed!!

The best perk for me is the ridiculously cheap room rates and theme park passes for runners and family members.

fmingo36

My choice wasn't listed!!

The best perk for me is the ridiculously cheap room rates and theme park passes for runners and family members.

Those are good too, but for me it's all about the characters. Every vacation to Disney is about getting pictures with the characters and the chance for some rare ones...WOW it's totally worth the 6 months of training!

frank2271

Need I even say it?! First and foremost, the characters. Followed by the bling, of course. And really, I have no other races to compare Disney to, but I have to think they really do it up right with making you feel special... especially post race when you get to wear your medal around and all the characters/CMs notice it and comment. Plus it's great to talk with others post race about their experience, and they're easy to find due to the fabulous bling! :sohappy:

I agree with you Holly, the bling is the reason. I also really have a great time wearing the bling and talking with other runners. I can't wait for October, but I do badly need the training time. It's all worth it when they place that medal around your neck.

JimboJones123

I agree with you Holly, the bling is the reason. I also really have a great time wearing the bling and talking with other runners. I can't wait for October, but I do badly need the training time. It's all worth it when they place that medal around your neck.

I'll totally agree. The Disney running community is fantastic. I met more people with my Coast 2 Coast T-shirt on at DL in one day than I have ever met on a Disney trip before.

The great thing about Disney Running is also the wide range of skill levels. As a slower pacer, it is pretty cool to run into hundreds of people that are at my same level.

HollyBelle

Yeah, if crossing the finish line wasn't enough to make me want to do it again, the camaraderie I felt with other finishers when we saw them in the parks afterward was. It's like there's an instantaneous appreciation for one another... from those we had actual conversations with to the ones we'd just say hello/congratulations to in passing. The nods from across the park felt like imaginary high fives. :sohappy: Going into the marathon, I totally wasn't expecting this kind of benefit/reward, nor was I expecting it to rank as highly with me as it has.

fmingo36

Regarding the BLING--I have a funny story, on the monorail I actually had someone ask me where they could buy one of the medals. When I told them that I earned it running in the 1/2 marathon that morning, the person kinda chuckled and said "It looks like one of those pin trading lanyards and well I'm sure I can find one in the parks, because Disney sells everything".

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
I remember running near the Hess gas station in this year's Marathon and someone had a sign stuck in the grass advertising that the marathon medals were for sale at some convenience store nearby . . . :mad:

HollyBelle

I can't understand why anyone would want Disney bling if they didn't actually earn it?! That's the thing... I couldn't imagine buying a medal and wearing it around the parks. But we all know those people are out there. :rolleyes: I mean, to me the bling is so great because it's a representation of the accomplishment!! Same goes with the tshirts... I couldn't wear them if I hadn't finished the races.

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
I can't understand why anyone would want Disney bling if they didn't actually earn it?! That's the thing... I couldn't imagine buying a medal and wearing it around the parks. But we all know those people are out there. :rolleyes: I mean, to me the bling is so great because it's a representation of the accomplishment!! Same goes with the tshirts... I couldn't wear them if I hadn't finished the races.

Agreed 100%

If I didn't run the race, I'm not wearing the shirt . . . or the bling.

Nobody has voted for the bands so far. The bands are such an inspiration, as are the people who line the course and shout encouragement. Now I am feeling guilty for not voting for them! :eek:

fmingo36

The bands are such an inspiration, as are the people who line the course and shout encouragement. Now I am feeling guilty for not voting for them! :eek:

Those Japanese drummers past mile 4 at the TTC were AWESOME!!! I could have just stayed there.They definitely helped pump up my energy and get me to the MK.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Looks like I'm too late to vote, but I go with: "Having an excuse to go to Disney World now that my son isn't interested anymore and it would seem weird for me to go by myself without an excuse like a race.":lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom