What is your chose of energy?

pixeemom

Original Poster
Hi all running the diva half on Sunday... was wonder what is your go to snack/energy booster while u run?
The goo sometimes makes me too hyper and jittery and someone mentioned gummy bears but how r they a source of energy?
So any inputs/opinions/ideas are welcomed!
Thank you
Danielle:)

StageFrenzy

I'm not an endurance athlete by any means but if I am about to bonk, I love a Publix chicken tender. Just one! It's close to my gym and along with water its every thing I crave.

Texas84

Gummies are good to give your brain some energy. That's really what you're doing, feeding your brain.

Before a long run I have some kind of bread with almond butter. Bagels travel well. Peanut butter works also.

During a race it's a Honey Stinger every three miles. For a marathon force yourself to eat that free banana. I don't like them but it was so good after, what, 20 miles?

But that's me. You have to experiment and figure out what is best for you. Don't do anything new on race day or you might end up with an upset stomach.

JillC LI

Gummy clif bloks or that g-d awful gu. They do make flavors without caffeine if that helps with the jitters.

imagination30

since the Disney this past Jan. I have been using , cliff gel shots , ( mocha ) mainly!, but I tried a new form of energy this morning before my 5k , it was a Peanut butter in dark chocolate kate bar.. , they were pretty good , I still have a coconut mango one left..

COrunner

Has anyone noticed any big difference between regular GU and GU Roctane?

I definitely feel the caffeine when I go from a regular GU to Roctane. Usually I will use regular GU in training and Roctane for race day. I have friends that do similar where they cut off soda/coffee for 3-4 weeks before a race then drink a cup race morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom