What is up with....

Dagger

Original Poster
What is up with Celebration? Am I the only one who gets the creeps from that place and feels like I'm in The Truman Show/Stepford Wives?

mom2of2

not sure what you see as "Stepford" but Celebration is a nice little town in the shadow of a great big city and tourist area.
There is nothing like going to the farmer's market on Market Street on Sunday morning and sampling some homemade pastries, grabbing a hot coffee from Barney's and plopping down on a rocker in front of the lake.
or
Attending the home opener of the CHS football season and seeing a sea of purple and silver in the grandstands and knowing most of the people sitting next to you
or
experiencing the fun of taking the "Nev" train during the holiday season, riding the trolley to see the Christmas lights, or playing in the "snow" as it falls down on Market Street

Celebration is totally different when you are there on a regular basis and not just driving through. People think "Disney town" and tourists want to see it but in honesty it's just a community with shops and restaurants that people live and work in. It just happens to be near Disney World since it's not owned by Disney anymore.

Tim G

Dagger said:
What is up with Celebration? Am I the only one who gets the creeps from that place and feels like I'm in The Truman Show/Stepford Wives?
Careful... :( It's my town, It's home to me... I'm living there... :cool: And I love it... :D

But if you feel that way... please don't visit, the zombies will come for you!!! :mad:

I feel offended... :(

typhoonguy

Living

I enjoy celebration but I don't live there anymore. I lived in an apartment complex that went Condo (Mirasol) and decided I wasn't ready for ownership yet, so I moved a few miles down the road. The town is wonderful though. Definately enjoy the town tavern. And PJs coffee/wine bar is a nice spot to relax. I still have my friends and family stay at the Celebration Hotel if rooms are open. They all seem to enjoy it. But I understand where you're coming from on this one. Reminds me sometimes of those walgreen's comercials..........

WDWKat26

You know, when I lived in NY and I came to Celebration for the first time I was also really creeped out by it. But after living in Orlando now for almost 2 years, and being in some of the "ghetto" neighborhoods and dealing with a lot of people who let's just say aren't very "polite" Celebration is like a breath of fresh air. It's clean, the people and families are polite and it's upperclass. Maybe that's just what i'm used to, but if I could afford to live there I would.

JimboJones123

Corrus said:
Careful... :( It's my town, It's home to me... I'm living there... :cool: And I love it... :D

But if you feel that way... please don't visit, the zombies will come for you!!! :mad:

I feel offended... :(

watch out -- don't rock the Corrus boat -- he Loves him some celebration.

If You Had Wing

WDWKat26 said:
You know, when I lived in NY and I came to Celebration for the first time I was also really creeped out by it. But after living in Orlando now for almost 2 years, and being in some of the "ghetto" neighborhoods and dealing with a lot of people who let's just say aren't very "polite" Celebration is like a breath of fresh air. It's clean, the people and families are polite and it's upperclass. Maybe that's just what i'm used to, but if I could afford to live there I would.

I know what you mean by "ghetto" neighborhoods. I moved into a new apartment complex that, when new, seemed as dreamy as a Disney hotel. Certain types of undesireable people started moving in, bringing along with them their same types of friends from the outside and now some call this place a ghetto. It amazes me how these people get approved to move into a beautiful place like this with the types of histories and cargo they carry in with them.

Anyway, I'm interested in moving closer to Orlando. I've been curious about Celebration for years but recently read that it's a dump (I'm sort of heartbroken) Can you tell me which areas of the map to avoid? You can be blunt with me. I'd really appreciate it. I've never explored Orlando outside of the attractions and definitely do not want to blindly pick a rental home or apartment and find out I'm in the Disney ghetto.:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom