What is the Standard? - Should WDW return to a per attraction pricing structure?

Should WDW return to a per attraction pricing structure?

• Yes -A wider varity of price points would be great.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • No - I like all inclusive tickets.

Votes: 121 92.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James Browning

Original Poster
Many folks will remember or know about a time at Disney parks when individual coupons were required for each attraction. Booklets were sold with eight, ten or twelve attraction coupons. Additional coupons could be purchased in park. With the emerging technology of the Magic Band it could be very easy for the parks to return to a per attraction pricing structure. This would allow the guest who desire a limited experience a chance to visit at a lower price point. What do you think?

Dwarful

I think it would be too challenging. Back then fewer people used CCs and they planned for their big family trip to Disney. Now many people don't stick to budgets, rely on CCs to cover expenses they really shouldn't be experiencing. I could be 100% wrong, but I just think more people today have a "gotta have it now" mentality.

I could see the benefit and draw backs both ways. Plus...perhaps price will keep people from wanting to do multiple rides on the big ticket attractions keeping lines smaller. Minus - having to pay over and over to ride your favorite rides.

PlutoHasFleas

Hm.. this makes me wonder.

How do you think the attractions would be ranked if ticket books returned? What would you classify as an E ticket attraction today?

copcarguyp71

I cannot even begin to imagine the level of mouthbreathing that would go on at sales kiosks if they went to a per ride system. You'd have to get FP+ to buy tickets!

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
They'd lose money. Between the limits on Fast Passes and the long lines for rides, you'd be limited on how many rides you'd actually be able to ride and your ticket purchases would reflect that. Otherwise you're going home with unused tickets....

SteveAZee

It got me thinking... what if there were tickets for (let's say) only two or three of the parks instead of all four as part of a multi-day pass. I just wonder if people would re-think going to Epcot or DHS or Animal Kingdom (given one's preferences) if it cost less to do only two or three parks vs all four. It might also make it clear as to which parks need the most work since attendance would drop at the least popular park. I doubt Disney would ever do this, but I thought it would be interesting nonetheless. :)

Spike-in-Berlin

Absolute terrible idea, perhaps the worst thing they could do at all! (And that means something for present TDO)
I am so glad, that the ticket booklets where already history before I visited WDW for the first time in 1982, I would have hated it to decide what to do with a limited number of tickets.

mergatroid

Would absolutely hate it to be honest and I think the parks would suffer for it. Not having to think "I've got two rides left" is great, I think that the day would be far less enjoyable if you were restricted in this way. The lesser visited attractions would stand out even more and possibly give Disney more excuses to reduce their operating hours on quieter days. I believe most large theme parks operate on a one price admission system and there's a good reason for that.

Dad 2 M & M

I assume there would still be an admission price on top of the per ride ad valorem, and the Magic Band could "solve" the long lines for ticket purchases; just load the magic band (additionally, any app could could be used).

If implemented, I could see this morphing into 3 pack tickets, tickets cheaper on certain days, special offers, etc.....

Hm.. this makes me wonder.

How do you think the attractions would be ranked if ticket books returned? What would you classify as an E ticket attraction today?
Good question to ponder....AND what would TDO consider E-ticket? I'm sure Peter Pan would be considered E-Ticket with the long lines always present at that ride.

JIMINYCR

Nope... All inclusive pass works well. Imagine the time spent running back & forth to buy more tickets. Keeping track of what tickets you have or dont have. Carrying a pocket full of tickets and and having to run through the booklet every time you want to ride. Having a bunch of "A" tickets left over that arent used, thinking what a waste ...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Good Lord, I hope not. Too young to remember (or care, that was my Dad's problem) about ride tickets at Disneyland and when I went back as an adult, I think they had been discontinued. Didn't visit WDW until after the demise of the per ride ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom