What is the Standard? - Bus Transportation Wait Time

How long should is acceptable to wait for a Disney Transport Bus?

• Less than 5 min

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Between 5 and 15 min

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • Longer waits are ok if I can go straight to my destination.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Longer waits are ok if I can go straight to my destination.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait time of longer than 15 min is OK

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James Browning

Original Poster
I am new to this forum but have already seen that there are some very passionate people here. One of the things that seems to be a hot topic is the Standards and/or Lack of Standards for guest service levels at WDW Parks. While there are a lot of post about how to improve the standards I am curious to know if we can agree on what the standard should be. To that point I have posed a question below:

AndyS2992

Your comment above talks about the quality of the Disney World experience yet the poll and title talk about bus wait times :confused: Doesn't really correlate.

But to answer the thread title, anywhere between 5-20 minutes is the average wait.

Dad 2 M & M

Next poll will be...How long is acceptable to wait to get out of parking lot after park closing (When driving to and fro parks)?

Answer to title is less than 20 mins.......we always use Disney Transportation and don't mind the wait....hate driving and waiting in traffic at the end of the day.

Tom

Beta Return
I consider 15-20 to be the max acceptable wait time for a bus, and that's during the day. At park closing or opening, they need to be scheduling buses on 10-15 minute intervals, in my opinion.

But last weekend, our wait time when leaving a park in the evening to go back to Riverside, was well over 20 minutes. One night, at the MK, they opened up a second queue for Riverside so they could load a second bus. It still didn't cut it.

JIMINYCR

I realize Disney has a set number of buses and drivers and they do a pretty good job at getting the masses to and from all the areas in a timely manner. So I dont mind a wait of 15 - 20 min. The thing that bothers me is waiting in line and seeing multiple buses coming and going from areas that have very few riders waiting while there are massive lines waiting at other stops. I thought Disney was on track when they had CM's checking lines and calling in numbers to get buses to needed areas. But doesnt seem to be done on a consistent basis. Theres nothing as frustrating as seeing several buses pull up and leave a stop with few riders while my line has had no buses arrive for 30 min or more and the line continues to grow.

rob0519

"How long should is acceptable" You may want to go back and edit that title. Additionally, maybe the question should be what is a reasonably acceptable amount of time to wait for a Disney Transport Bus. Acceptable to at least 2 people is 5 minutes or less. Unfortunately, that is not reasonable given the number of buses in service at any given time. Perhaps you should add an additional option along the lines of "Wait time of more than 15 minutes is unacceptable" to determine what is the maximum amount of time people feel they should wait. You may want to edit options 3 and/or 4 as well. Sorry, I don't mean to be critical, but creating surveys was part of my job function years ago, so I can tell you that grammar and editing oversights will get you fewer respondents.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
0 min! lol We personally always use our car because we find it to be the quickest to and from most places. In the time we would have to wait on a bus we are already at our destination by taking our car! Takes 15 minutes max to get to any park even from being all the way at Kidani Village.
Also the places we can use the monorail between we use that a lot as well. So mostly car and monorail for us. So much quicker and easier. You park free at the parks if you stay on site anyway. We have only rode the buss when we had no choice like if the monorail was no longer running etc. :)

jazzinator

20 min or so is fine with me (but I really enjoy less than 15 min). Last trip, though, we waited over an hour for a bus to MK around 6pm. I had allotted an hour to reach Be Out Guest from CS for our dinner reservations, and it took about 1 hour 15 for a bus to even pick us up. Granted, we were a tough group to accommodate since my wife and stepfather (both on scooters due to health issues (not related to weight)), and then another party showed up with 1 scooter who we let go ahead of us. Several buses passed by and allegedly kept reporting that the situation was resolved while we kept waiting.

The folks at BOG were great, though - we called ahead and were able to arrive close enough that we still enjoyed a great meal.

TB4244

I'm agreeing with the above posters, between 5-20 minutes seems to be the average wait time. Although at DTD last year we waited quite a long time in the cold as the first bus that pulled up filled quickly with a noisy and rude South American Tour group, so we decided to wait for the next one! back to our resort.

James Browning

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies and votes on the poll. We seem to agree that a 15 min wait is acceptable but I can relate to watching bus after bus go by before your destination arrives. Look for the next standards poll coming soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom