What is the significance of your WDWMagic Userid/screenname?

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
OK some of them are obvious - or at least they seem obvious.

Did you pick your name because it had to do with your favorite character? Your kids? Your pet?

Did you put much thought into it or just pick whatever came to mind first?

Was it your first choice, or was something else already taken or too similar?

Obviously don't give away secrets or personal info, but if you'd like to share, I think folks will find it interesting to know why anyone picked what they picked. We may make assumptions about what a name means and could be totally off!

I'll go first - mine falls pretty much into the simple/obvious category.

Tony the Tigger

Obviously a play on "Tony the Tiger" from Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, a character I liked since childhood in the 1970s, and has been associated with me since I was a kid, since my name really is Anthony/Tony. And I actually used to eat that stuff.

Side note: My family and friends I met up through high school always did and usually still call me Anthony. In my late teens, a manager at a retail job started calling me Tony, and it ended up sticking.

Re: using my real name: I thought (when I signed up for this site) it would be harmless, nothing like the vicious political sites I've been on before. :hilarious:

I don't know if Tony the Tiger was the inspiration or the other way around, but I've always liked tigers. Remember the Exxon tiger that used to be on the gas pumps? I always wanted my Dad to go to that gas station just because of the tiger. I have drawn tigers, done school reports on them, hung pictures of them in old apartments (none in our house now. It was a phase LOL)

And the natural extension of all of that is I always loved Tigger. He was definitely the most entertaining of the Pooh lore for me - and was OK with being different. I don't know if I could pick one favorite Disney character, but he's definitely right up there.

This is probably the picture of myself I love the most to this day (sorry for those of you who have seen it before.) It's from about 17 years ago, I think. Pre-gray hair.

tigger.jpg

@21stamps ? @bee ? @Minthorne ?

21stamps

OK some of them are obvious - or at least they seem obvious.

Did you pick your name because it had to do with your favorite character? Your kids? Your pet?

Did you put much thought into it or just pick whatever came to mind first?

Was it your first choice, or was something else already taken or too similar?

Obviously don't give away secrets or personal info, but if you'd like to share, I think folks will find it interesting to know why anyone picked what they picked. We may make assumptions about what a name means and could be totally off!

I'll go first - mine falls pretty much into the simple/obvious category.

Tony the Tigger

Obviously a play on "Tony the Tiger" from Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, a character I liked since childhood in the 1970s, and has been associated with me since I was a kid, since my name really is Anthony/Tony. And I actually used to eat that stuff.

Side note: My family and friends I met up through high school always did and usually still call me Anthony. In my late teens, a manager at a retail job started calling me Tony, and it ended up sticking.

Re: using my real name: I thought (when I signed up for this site) it would be harmless, nothing like the vicious political sites I've been on before. :hilarious:

I don't know if Tony the Tiger was the inspiration or the other way around, but I've always liked tigers. Remember the Exxon tiger that used to be on the gas pumps? I always wanted my Dad to go to that gas station just because of the tiger. I have drawn tigers, done school reports on them, hung pictures of them in old apartments (none in our house now. It was a phase LOL)

And the natural extension of all of that is I always loved Tigger. He was definitely the most entertaining of the Pooh lore for me - and was OK with being different. I don't know if I could pick one favorite Disney character, but he's definitely right up there.

This is probably the picture of myself I love the most to this day (sorry for those of you who have seen it before.) It's from about 17 years ago, I think. Pre-gray hair.

View attachment 204673

@21stamps ? @bee ? @Minthorne ?

Great story and adorable photo!!!

My user name- Travel is one of my greatest passions. 21 is the number of stamps on my passport.. unfortunately I'm still sitting at 21 since making this username.
Disney is distracting me (aka taking too much of my money) from adding more at this time.lol

bee

Great idea!

I decided when I joined WDWMagic that I didn't want my account on here to be easily connected to my online presence as an opera singer. It's partially for privacy, although I'm not super worried about someone on here attending a performance and trying to follow me home, nor am I really worried about an opera fan finding me on here and stalking me at Disney via Trip Report (I'm not, like, opera-famous or something). It's more that I try to cultivate my online presence for singing stuff and I don't want a manager/director/impresario to Google me and find this site or other non-singing stuff. I even have two separate accounts on some social media platforms-one personal, one professional. I have an unusual first name so if you Google even my first name plus "opera singer" or "soprano" you will find my website, professional social media etc.

ANYWAY, why bee? My first name really does start with "B" and...well, bees are great! Our existence is inextricably dependent on theirs. And they're cute, too!!

epcotisbest

Great story and adorable photo!!!

My user name- Travel is one of my greatest passions. 21 is the number of stamps on my passport.. unfortunately I'm still sitting at 21 since making this username.
Disney is distracting me (aka taking too much of my money) from adding more at this time.lol

All this time I was convinced it had something to do with the post office, I just did not understand why there were 21 stamps. Now it makes sense. Clever screen name.

21stamps

Great idea!

I decided when I joined WDWMagic that I didn't want my account on here to be easily connected to my online presence as an opera singer. It's partially for privacy, although I'm not super worried about someone on here attending a performance and trying to follow me home, nor am I really worried about an opera fan finding me on here and stalking me at Disney via Trip Report (I'm not, like, opera-famous or something). It's more that I try to cultivate my online presence for singing stuff and I don't want a manager/director/impresario to Google me and find this site or other non-singing stuff. I even have two separate accounts on some social media platforms-one personal, one professional. I have an unusual first name so if you Google even my first name plus "opera singer" or "soprano" you will find my website, professional social media etc.

ANYWAY, why bee? My first name really does start with "B" and...well, bees are great! Our existence is inextricably dependent on theirs. And they're cute, too!!

Do you ever say something that I don't love? ;)

epcotisbest

Omg omg omg!!!! Where have you been?!?!?!

Hooray my favorite wdwmagic member is back!!! Welcome Back!!

Hello my friend. Just took a break from online stuff for awhile.
We went back to WDW a couple of weeks ago. Stayed at SSR. Took our bicycles and thought of you and your son as we rode through Ft. Wilderness and over to WL. We rode all over Celebration, SSR, OKW, The Treehouses and of course Ft. Wilderness a couple of times. Here is a pic of my wife cruising around over at the Fort and another at SSR looking over toward DS.

SSR2.jpg
SSR.jpg

epcotisbest

Great idea!

Bees are great. My neighbor has beehives and we enjoy lots of free honey. Great on biscuits with a little butter!

21stamps

Hello my friend. Just took a break from online stuff for awhile.
We went back to WDW a couple of weeks ago. Stayed at SSR. Took our bicycles and thought of you and your son as we rode through Ft. Wilderness and over to WL. We rode all over Celebration, SSR, OKW, The Treehouses and of course Ft. Wilderness a couple of times. Here is a pic of my wife cruising around over at the Fort and another at SSR looking over toward DS.

View attachment 204691
View attachment 204692

Nice!! So I can count on a new trip report, correct? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom