What is the best/easiest way to book? WDW Central Reservations or WDW On-line?

wem1985

I'm curious as to which way is the best way to book a vacation? Should I do it on-line or call WDW Central Reservations? I pretty much know exactly where I want to stay, what package, etc. that I want. What do you guys think?

mrtoad

Go to kingdomkonsultants.com. Pam who runs that site is a Disney planner and can set you up. We got better rates through her than calling Disney. I highly recommend her.

MIke

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Personally, I like talking to a human voice when scheduling Disney stuff.

Not that I dislike ordering off the web, I do it all the time, and I work in the IT industry, so I'm no stranger to it. But, when I'm doing Disney, I want a voice comfirming my reservations, just to be sure I got them. :D

Upvote 0

lscott933

i have never had a problem with booking online at all. you can pick all your options. i have been doing it for past four years online. i haven't never had a problem at all.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

mrtoad said:
Go to kingdomkonsultants.com. Pam who runs that site is a Disney planner and can set you up. We got better rates through her than calling Disney. I highly recommend her.

MIke
Seconded!!!

Seriously, call Pam. I used to like to plan my vacations on my own, but I used her services for a quick trip, and I plan on using her services from now on! It's nice to have the human contact, and to just have one central person to talk to!

Upvote 0

Mystic

Personally I prefer calling Disney Central Reservations myself and dealing directly with Disney that way. I've never dealt with Pam and rather hesitant to do so after I had a local travel agent tell me he could get me the same room I already had booked plus tickets for about $1,800 CAN (about $1,500) US. This was for a Woods view room at WL plus ultimate tickets. I called Disney Central Reservations and spent well over half and hour on the phone with them as they tried to find me this 'special package' this travel agent said he could get me. No such deal existed. This is why I'm a little hesitant to use a travel agent of any kind other than Disney Central Reservations. Also by doing it myself I know for a fact that I have the restaurants I want on the day and at the time I want

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

lawyergirl77 said:
Seconded!!!

Seriously, call Pam. I used to like to plan my vacations on my own, but I used her services for a quick trip, and I plan on using her services from now on! It's nice to have the human contact, and to just have one central person to talk to!
Thirded!!!!
I have used Pam for some time now for all my room bookings but do continue to make all my dining ressies myself.
Hey Mystic, I feel for you. You obviously got one of those wonderful travel agents who at best didnt have a clue as to what he was talking about. I use Pam's services as they are the height of ease for me, but if booking it yourself makes you feel secure than that is the way to go!!! Stress is the LAST thing that is needed on a WDW vacation. Belle

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Mystic said:
Personally I prefer calling Disney Central Reservations myself and dealing directly with Disney that way. I've never dealt with Pam and rather hesitant to do so after I had a local travel agent tell me he could get me the same room I already had booked plus tickets for about $1,800 CAN (about $1,500) US. This was for a Woods view room at WL plus ultimate tickets. I called Disney Central Reservations and spent well over half and hour on the phone with them as they tried to find me this 'special package' this travel agent said he could get me. No such deal existed. This is why I'm a little hesitant to use a travel agent of any kind other than Disney Central Reservations. Also by doing it myself I know for a fact that I have the restaurants I want on the day and at the time I want
Totally used to agree with you, until I tried calling central reservations myself to get a hotel room two weeks ago, only to have them tell me that passholder discounts were unavailable for POR that weekend. In the end, I emailed Pam in desperation, and she found me a room with my AP discount.

I have also had problems with DRC lately - some of the CMs have been singularly unhelpful and it's a pain to have to deal with so many different people. Pam = one central person.

In the end, you'll obviously do what you feel comfortable doing, and ITA that there is something magical about calling DRC yourself and making your ressies! But at the same time, if I do book a trip for this December, I'm doing it with Pam.

Not all travel agents are slimy at all - did you make a complaint with IATA about the guy you dealt with??

Upvote 0

Mystic

I never made a complaint. Didn't really see the reason to because I already had the reservation and everything and I spoke with Disney that night.

Also I don't know how much help Pam would be for me since I tend to book my hotel reservations a year in advance. Don't know how much of a discount she'd be able to get for me and I'm not a passholder or anything. My mom and I are planning on heading down for Nov 29-Dec 6 2006 so will be booking it at the end of Nov 2005. Don't really know how much Pam could do for me booking it so far ahead of time.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi Mystic, The advantage to booking with Pam so far ahead of time is that if a discount comes out that you are eligible for, she will re-book you at the lower rate without you having to keep track of it and make any phone calls yourself. It is just a convienience thing. But by all means book your vacation in whichever way makes you feel happy & secure!!! Belle

Upvote 0

nyfrenchy

The CMs who work at the reservation center make just $8.46 an hour, but they may be able to get a bonus if they reach a certain sales quota.

So please support them by making your reservations by phone instead of online.

Upvote 0

Mystic

wannabeBelle said:
Hi Mystic, The advantage to booking with Pam so far ahead of time is that if a discount comes out that you are eligible for, she will re-book you at the lower rate without you having to keep track of it and make any phone calls yourself. It is just a convienience thing. But by all means book your vacation in whichever way makes you feel happy & secure!!! Belle

Thanks for the input Belle. I've just sent an email to Pam to see what she'd be able to do if anything to help me. I would love to be able to take advantage of any deal that would be available to me, provided it fits with what we want of course and if Pam could help in that regards then it might be worth booking at least the hotel through her. My mom and I like to have a completely set out itinerary when we go because to us that means we're free to just enjoy ourselves without worrying about anything really going wrong. Guess I'll have to wait and see what Pam says.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I always call for my Disney stuff. I generally hate calling customer service companies because the employees are so stupid, rude, etc. but I always have a pleasant experience calling Disney. I use a cell phone so there's no long distance charges.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Mystic,

Glad you called Pam. As stated she can change the price later when discounts get out. Also as Lawyergirl mentioned, Pam got us AP rates at POR when none were offered by Disney. We got our upcoming POR reservations for $220 cheaper through Pam than Disney was offering and that is only on 4 nights stay. Not bad at all.

This is our 3rd trip booked by Pam and she has booked our 4th for January as well.

You won't be dissapointed.

Mike

Upvote 0

Mystic

Like I said early, my hesitancy comes from the fact that we're very picky about our trips. We always stay at WL in a woods view (upgraded to courtyard one year and hated it. Too noisy for us). And we even plan out our entire itinerary as to where we eat etc.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Mystic said:
Like I said early, my hesitancy comes from the fact that we're very picky about our trips. We always stay at WL in a woods view (upgraded to courtyard one year and hated it. Too noisy for us). And we even plan out our entire itinerary as to where we eat etc.

She can get you want you want, don't worry (though I do understand doing so).

You can have her book your meals or you can do it yourself.

Upvote 0

Mystic

Thanks Mike. I'd probably want to book my meals myself, especially since we want to do the Candlelight Processional Dinner package, course she could probably do that for us too I guess. Might make it easier to have her book our backstage tour though since we want to do the holiday tour. I guess I'm just nervous about putting my Disney Vacation in someone else's hands, especially since my mom thinks I should start my own business like Pam's.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

ITA being picky about your ressie - I'm notoriously picky about where to eat and what to do and where I want to stay! While I don't have everything planned to the minute, I do have all of our dining reservations (and consequently what park to do, when) in a spreadsheet on my computer.

*sigh* My friends all say I need help... I think I'm just fine! :p

Upvote 0

Mystic

lawyergirl77 said:
ITA being picky about your ressie - I'm notoriously picky about where to eat and what to do and where I want to stay! While I don't have everything planned to the minute, I do have all of our dining reservations (and consequently what park to do, when) in a spreadsheet on my computer.

*sigh* My friends all say I need help... I think I'm just fine! :p

We must share a brain or something. I to have my itinerary down on a spreadsheet on my computer at home. It has what park on each day, the parade/fireworks times, and what restaurants we want to eat at along with an idea of what time we want to eat there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom