What is Next for Disney for 2013-2019?

CinematicFusion

Original Poster
What's Next? 2009-2019?

I know their version of what is next was cancelled so let us speculate about the direction of DisneyWorld by looking at the past. Let us take the year 1998 to 2008 and compare them to 2009 to 2019.
From 1998 to the year 2008, Disney created these attractions for the Disney World parks.
1998: 1. Animal Kingdom opens up.
2. Fantasmic is open in DHS
1999: 1.Winnie the Pooh ride opens in MK (replaced Mr. Toads Wild Ride)
2. Test Track opens in Epcot
3. Rock'N Roller Coaster opens in DHS
2001: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Opens
2003: 1. Mission Space opens in Epcot
2. Philimagic opens in MK
2005: 1. Soarin opens in Epcot
2006: 1. Expedition Everest opens in AK
2007: 1. Living Seas Refurb to Nemo Theme
2008: 1. Toy Story Mania opens in DHS

Where will Disney be going forward to 2019? From 2009 till present we have...
2009-2011? Not sure what great attractions opened at the parks?

2012: 1. Moved Dumbo ride to another location in park and added another spinner
2. Rethemed Barnstormer to Great Goofini
3. Opened Little Mermaid ride
4. Closed Snow White Scary Adventures
5. Test Track Refurb to Tron-like theme.
2013: Start construction of Avatar themed land?....Maybe???
2014: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opens
2015-2019?.... what will be next? Looks like Disney has a lot to catch up on if it wants to keep pace with what they did during the 1998-2008 time period.
I didn't account for openings of restaurants or shops, meet and greets, nor did I add any value hotels in the mix. Did I miss anything? Is Disney about to explode with building plans for exciting attractions from 2015-2019?

What does the in the know crowd know? We hear rumors but that is all they are, just rumors. We heard rumors during the 1998 to 2008 period but we also saw rides being created or high end concept shows or deluxe resort hotels (Animal Kingdom Lodge) that are attractions themselves.

We haven't even seen Disney break ground on new concepts yet. Anything they start in 2013 will open in 2015.

Can we please hear some feel good about the directions of the Disney World parks? What is Next for Disney World?

wdwfan4ver

The only thing that is certain at this point for Disney from 2013 to 2019 that you didn't mention or Afarese is American Idol Experience will be gone at some point in that time frame. The two shows rumored to be replaced are Beauty and the Beast live on stage and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Beauty and the Beast live stage is rumored to replaced by Tangled. Voyage of the Little Mermaid is rumored to be replaced by Phineas and Ferb.

I am saying that once there is no longer a new season of American Idol, American Idol Experience really can't go on as an attraction. American Idol rating are going downhill despite the rating are still very good. What happening this season for rating will give an indication if the rating will decline faster because the new judges.

CinematicFusion

Original Poster
Nextgen is coming, avatar is coming, and a Frontierland revamp and Carsland are on the table. That's all I know

Frontierland revamp, Carsland and Avatar are all still just rumors until we hear some solid concrete news on when building will start. Avatar is suppose to start construction in 2013...but until we see it happen, it is still an unknown.

There have always been rumors. During the 1998-2008 period we heard rumors that Journey to the Center of the Earth and Fire Mountain was a go...
WDW News from 2008...
it appears that the next expansion for Disney’s Animal Kingdom park may be a whole new land replacing Camp Minnie-Mickey. With the possible decision that Cars Land will not be a part of Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the future, another oppurtunity to use the Test Track ride system may arrive in the form of a Tokyo Disney Sea park attraction. The Journey to the Center of the Earth E-Ticket attraction may find it’s way across the sea to the park just in time for Walt Disney World’s 40th Anniversary Celebration in 2011. This is still strictly rumor at this time, but here is a link to the official webpage for the attraction currently running at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort.

From the Orlando business Journal...
"Right now, it looks like Fire Mountain is a go, perhaps in Adventureland, behind Pirates of the Caribbean.
Disney, which is tightlipped about the project, reportedly has floated balloons at the site to see what park guests would see as they roam the park. (The Polynesianwould have a great view of the ride.)
Early word has it that the coaster would start out with riders standing up. As it climbed a hill, riders would be gently leaned back until they were essentially laying down. The coaster would then do a 180-degree turn and lucky riders would be flown over a pit of Disneyesque lava in the center of a volcano.
Look for Disney to have it open by 2001, just in time for the 30th anniversary party"

twebber55

Frontierland revamp, Carsland and Avatar are all still just rumors until we hear some solid concrete news on when building will start. Avatar is suppose to start construction in 2013...but until we see it happen, it is still an unknown.

There have always been rumors. During the 1998-2008 period we heard rumors that Journey to the Center of the Earth and Fire Mountain was a go...
WDW News from 2008...
it appears that the next expansion for Disney’s Animal Kingdom park may be a whole new land replacing Camp Minnie-Mickey. With the possible decision that Cars Land will not be a part of Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the future, another oppurtunity to use the Test Track ride system may arrive in the form of a Tokyo Disney Sea park attraction. The Journey to the Center of the Earth E-Ticket attraction may find it’s way across the sea to the park just in time for Walt Disney World’s 40th Anniversary Celebration in 2011. This is still strictly rumor at this time, but here is a link to the official webpage for the attraction currently running at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort.

"Right now, it looks like Fire Mountain is a go, perhaps in Adventureland, behind Pirates of the Caribbean.
Disney, which is tightlipped about the project, reportedly has floated balloons at the site to see what park guests would see as they roam the park. (The Polynesianwould have a great view of the ride.)
Early word has it that the coaster would start out with riders standing up. As it climbed a hill, riders would be gently leaned back until they were essentially laying down. The coaster would then do a 180-degree turn and lucky riders would be flown over a pit of Disneyesque lava in the center of a volcano.
Look for Disney to have it open by 2001, just in time for the 30th anniversary party"
i would put avatar somewhere between rumor and green lit....they ve made several references to avatar unlike those other two...hope all happen in that time period

CinematicFusion

Original Poster
i would put avatar somewhere between rumor and green lit....they ve made several references to avatar unlike those other two...hope all happen in that time period

I put Avatar in the 2013 slot of possible construction starting, so I would agree. It is between rumor and green lit.

mvieguy

i know this is kind of stupid question, but what did mickey's Philimagic replace in the magic kingdom. was it another ride?

disneyflush

I put Avatar in the 2013 slot of possible construction starting, so I would agree. It is between rumor and green lit.
The insiders don't seem too confident Avatar is going to happen. I would think a project of this size would have quite a few moving parts generating a few leaks about start dates and concept art. The 'Whats Next' presentation would have been the perfect time to showcase some concept art about Avatar since its the biggest officially announced project of the last few years that is 'coming next'. The fact that they moved the name away from 'Whats Next' to something else, anything else, seems like a pretty significant detail and a reason to avoid the Avatar topic by the company.

afar28

WDW News from 2008...

Yes, not all rumors are correct, but they are both possibilities

afar28

The only thing that is certain at this point for Disney from 2013 to 2019 that you didn't mention or Afarese is American Idol Experience will be gone at some point in that time frame. The two shows rumored to be replaced are Beauty and the Beast live on stage and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Beauty and the Beast live stage is rumored to replaced by Tangled. Voyage of the Little Mermaid is rumored to be replaced by Phineas and Ferb.

I am saying that once there is no longer a n
ew season of American Idol, American Idol Experience really can't go on as an attraction. American Idol rating are going downhill despite the rating are still very good. What happening this season for rating will give an indication if the rating will decline faster because the new judges.
I can't wait for American idol to go away. The area it takes upCould be used for such a better attraction

Di5n3Y

A friend (cast member) told me that Cars Land is happening, and that they're are maps and plans showing CM's what they have planned. It will be where LMA is and won't be ready till 2018.

DisneyparkFreak

A friend (cast member) told me that Cars Land is happening, and that they're are maps and plans showing CM's what they have planned. It will be where LMA is and won't be ready till 2018.

2018??? Seriously? WIll Cars even be relevant by then? Why so long? They built EPCOT in like 2 years (The whole park). So does TDO really think that if they move one truck load of dirt a year then they can call it construction progress and everyone should be happy and excited? By 2018 I would expect Universal to have a ton more options and possibly 1 or 2 more hotels (assuming they have the room).

A group of monkeys and penguins could build that stuff faster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom