What is it worth?

tractorm3

Original Poster
For our wedding last year my mother gave us a stock certificate from the WDW co. is was from 1986 and was 10 shares. any idea what its value is? im relived to hear WDW will be doing certificates for shareholders again since I was worried about loosing it when it got transferred to my name.

216bruce

The value of the certificate itself is whatever someone will pay for it. HOWEVER....As for the stock itself...it's split 5 times since early 1986. Some splits were 4 for 1, some 2 for 1, etc. It's worth a whole lot more now than when it was issued. Iger and Eisner (especially) don't look too bad after you do the math. Contact Disney shareholder services for help. It's worth a lot!

Meditrina

For our wedding last year my mother gave us a stock certificate from the WDW co. is was from 1986 and was 10 shares. any idea what its value is? im relived to hear WDW will be doing certificates for shareholders again since I was worried about loosing it when it got transferred to my name.

Were you able to get a new certificate in your name? My understanding is that they are NOT issuing certificates. I got electronic ownership and a collectible certificate through giveashare.com but not a real negotiable certificate. 10 shares from 1986 has to be worth quite a bit! Congrats!

tractorm3

Original Poster
No we were not. They can issue the collectors edition for $50 but it was the look of the 80's one we wanted. Before it got turned in we brought it to staples and had them do a very high quality copy and laminate it to preserve it. It's now framed in my office.

Mouse Trap

Depending on when in 1986 these were purchased you could have well over $10,000 in Disney stock. Quite a nice gift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom