What is it the Universal does BETTER than Disney?

Tubes

This is still going on?

Let me put it this way. If I was to take a short (>5 days) vacation to Orlando, I would make time to go to IOA and USF and maybe hit a Disney Park or two.

Rankings:
Disneyland
Epcot
Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios
Magic Kingdom
Disney Studios
Animal Kingdom
Disney's California Adventure

(rankings subject to change)

WDW Vacationer

I DO dissagree that Universal is just an upbeat Six Flags Park.

I'm sorry Skip,but I have the right to my opinion,and I do not think Universal is great in some areas,you have the right to your opinion also.:wave:

MagliteL13

I would not spin it. Disney does not leave after hours things in the parks. You don't see MNSHP lighting on non party nights.

Care to bet on that? I can think of three examples of lighting left up during non-party nights off the top of my head. Oh, and let's not mention the giant Stitch inflatable. Or the green lights in Liberty Square. Do I need to go on...?

EvanAnderson

Hey Skip, I posted some IOA/USF pics of theming a couple pages back. It's either on 15 or 14. You can use those pics if you'd like.

EDIT: Bottom line, those soccer mom families will continue to go to Disney no matter what, which is a shame. With Universal adding a new coaster, an entire Island devoted to Harry Potter, those people will still think "ew it's Universal, I'm not going there." Those same people would be the ones who would drive past Universal in order to go see a Buzz Lightyear Meet and Greet inconveniently located at Cape Canaveral, spitting at Universal as the drove past. Why do these people do it? I don't get it. Yes, I can see it's the Disney brand that continues them to come back year after year after year, however they still go to the parks when NOTHING gets added. NOTHING. Now what if their daughter takes a liking to Seaworld and wants to go see some aquatic animals? How dare they mention something else other than the almighty Disney?!!?

Just experience everything in Orlando. All of it is really fun. Me personally, I like Seaworld over all the parks in Orlando. I feel like it's the cleanest out of all the Universal and Disney parks, their 2 big coasters are among the best in Florida, Atlantis is ok. The theming could be better, but it's still a good one. The whole place is very family friendly, which I like.

Mouse Man

First let's just say Disney has so much more to do and see. The resorts, Dining, Shopping and yes shows and theme parks, Downtown Disney and most of all Mickey and friends. Yoy have to admit that a tough act to beat. Now Universal is a nice park, but part of it is a coaster park which I can get at six flags and it is not very custmer friendly or helpful. When I finish my Disney vacation I still stay on Disney property but go and see the other parks. I have to agree that there is a lot of things to do and all the parks are fun. Love Sea World and am planning to go back again in 2010. I will also be visiting Universal for two days and Disney for 8 days. I love Disney for all it has to offer and all the fun and Magic that it has. Laslty there is one hard thing that I really can't explain. When I am in Disney I am so relaxed and haven't a care in the World. Driven by bus, boat and by monarail to everything I want to do so I do not have to drive. I can go fishing, casual to exclusive dining, Horseback riding, dinner shows and shows like Cirque and entertainment and a lot of cool themed resteraunts. When I go to Universal, I don't feel as relaxed and don't like a lot of there shows at all. Universal has some cool rides like E.T. Spiderman, J.P, Mummy and Men in black. Something just seems to be missing and I just cn't put my finger on it. When I am in WDW I feel at home and invited to act like a kid again. I also feel that growing up with Disney as a child has a lot to do with this as well. Also keep in minds that todays youngsters have the Disney Pixar movies and of course the great Movie series of Pirates of the Caribean and others like The haunted Mansion. Not to mention the children of today still love those old favorites like Mary Poopins and Winnie the Pooh and so on. Please I am downing a wonderful park like Universal, I am just telling you how I feel about it. If you love Universal more then WDW then great or love Sea World even better. I just see in the long run that it comes down to I love Ford more than Chevy and so on. I also believe there is no right or wrong answer here to this post. Can't be wrong if I love Disney or can't be wrong if I love Universal and so on. Lastly, Have a Magical Day

SirGoofy

Now Universal is a nice park, but part of it is a coaster park which I can get at six flags

Coasters at USF
: RRR, Mummy, Woody Woodpecker

Other Rides/Attractions at USF: Twister, Terminator, MIB, Jimmy Neutron, Shrek, Horror Make-up show, Blues Brothers, Beetlejuice, Jaws, Disaster, Simpsons, Barney, Fievel's Playland, Animal Show, Curious George, ET

Coasters at IoA: Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Flying Unicorn, Pteradon Flyers(all though I'm not really sure this one counts)

Other Rides/Attractions at IoA: Spidey, Storm Force, Dr. Doom, Dudley Do-Right, Pop-eye, Jurassic Park, Camp Jurassic, Jurassic Visitor Center, Sinbad, Poseidon, Caro-Suess-el, Cat in the Hat, If I Ran the Zoo, One Fish Two Fish, Suess Trolley

Coaster Parks? Hardly.

it is not very custmer friendly or helpful.

They're just as good as Disney.

Something just seems to be missing and I just cn't put my finger on it.

Cheesey, sappy marketing about magic and dreams?

great Movie series of Pirates of the Caribean and others like The haunted Mansion.

Great? Maybe the first Pirates movie, but the second two were butchered messes of movies. And HM was one of the worst Disney movies I've ever seen.

Dinoman96

Cheesey, sappy marketing about magic and dreams?

Agreed. Have you seen the 2007 planning videos? I'll basically sum up them...

"Welcome children, and beautiful children at heart and mind...*over dramatic weird voice* you're are about to embark in one of the most wonders of the world...a magical realm, where all the *over dramatic weird voice* wonderful dreams of the young at heart come to life*

Good god...

Skip

Agreed. Have you seen the 2007 planning videos? I'll basically sum up them...

"Welcome children, and beautiful children at heart and mind...*over dramatic weird voice* you're are about to embark in one of the most wonders of the world...a magical realm, where all the *over dramatic weird voice* wonderful dreams of the young at heart come to life*

Good god...

Listen to the fireworks shows' audio (not a specific one, any of them)... and like REALLY listen to the lyrics... it's mainly gobbly gook about wishing makes dreams come true over and over paraphrased... man, all those wide-eyed children are in for a surprise when they grow up! :rolleyes:

The commercials can be pretty excessive, too.

SirGoofy

Listen to the fireworks shows' audio (not a specific one, any of them)

Eh, I find Wishes and Magical to be the only ones like that. And wouldn't you know, they're two of the newest ones.

Honestly I wish Disney went back to making things that wow people, instead of having to rely on the BS marketing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom