What is it about Disney that keeps you coming back year after year after year after.....

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Ok so we will be coming back to Disneyworld for our 30th year in a row this Halloween. We usually make it back every summer for 10-12 days, but this summer with our daughter getting married its difficult, so we will trying to get there for 3-4 days around Halloween. But WHY? Why do I just HAVE to get back? Why can't we just take a year off and just plan for next year. What is this magical HOLD Disney has on me??...
Tell me what are some of the reasons you keep coming back year after year after year after.......even when common sense you should put it off for a year.

mavlax20

Something my wife and I both enjoy (we can't make it every year)
It's something magical, once you are there, you are not worried about the real world (except I still had to pay bills so I took care of those at the resort)
The memories you will make
And I can't say this yet, but I am saying this for the future - Seeing the reaction on your child's face as they see the castle for the first time/meet their favorite character....when my wife and I have kids, they will be brought up with Disney just like we were.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its the "well crafted bubble" effect. A place where we can go of known quality, engaging attractions, courteous staff, good food (of course some better than others), and nice climate. I'm not saying that any of these elements don't exist outside of WDW individually but not collective and cohesively as they are presented at DisneyWorld.

jloucks

You mean other than the endorphins released in your brain during a visit? They are released for many reasons. For many on this forum (we are a unique bunch, rather obsessed) it is because of either a strong childhood memory that when reactivated as an adult really lets the endorphines flow. For others, it is because our every day life is so stressful that a visit is literally a lifesaver. Or, both.

Honestly, some just don't try out other stuff. A cruise or a trip to Europe can be also quite fun, but when you get into your expensive routine of going to WDW you ultimately end up just now knowing any better. ...not that this is bad, but it explains 30 years of visits/investment.

yensid67

A lot of the answers will boil down to one thing...you always return to a place that holds a special place in your heart for a special reason. It could be as simple as getting lost in a magical themed park or it could be something like it was for me...this was the last place I saw my parents with smiles on their faces before they passed away and that's what and how I want to remember them! So I go back to relive that memory and pay homage to them in this way AND to explore the new things that Disney has built since my last visit!

The Tuna

I don't think I even know. Happiness, background music, a place the whole family can be together. I wish I had a cheaper more local obsession but it is what it is. Can't wait to get back down there. I've been to a few places around the globe and as much as I loved all of them, there is something about WDW and UO that keep me coming back year after year.

JIMINYCR

Cause its a place where you are always welcomed with a wave and a smile. No matter how long youve been away that, first step onto Main Street brings you right back to the last visit. Theres always anticipation for every days adventure and fun. Theres always something you didnt get to do on your last trip that you want to return for on the next. And I never come home wishing I didnt go and begin immediately longing for the next return.

WDW_Jon

Bubble, magical, good memories, escape from reality...

Plus we have nothing to even compare with or could ever come close to WDW in the UK so it's amazing for anyone to see whether it's trip 1 or 100!

Weather_Lady

Part of the attraction for me (nostalgia aside) is the extreme family-friendliness of Disney, both in terms of being fairly confident that my small children won't see and hear things that are not appropriate for them, and in terms of avoiding crime. Having vacationed a few places in the Caribbean where you had to be constantly vigilant about being mugged or drugged or having flyers for "adult entertainment" pressed into your hands on the street, and having visited theme parks in our home area that tend to attract an older, drinking-and-cussing clientele, I appreciate the opportunity to relax in Disney's more benign atmosphere, and being able to focus on great attractions in beautiful settings, rather than running to cover my childrens' eyes or ears all the time. (I realize, of course, that pick-pocketing and over-imbibing and foul language, etc. still happen on Disney property, too, but I think it's pretty easy to avoid. And yes, my children have seen and heard their fair share of "inappropriate" things, but they shouldn't have to bask in the seedy underbelly of the "real world" on their vacation... and come to think of it, neither should I.) ;)

Ben_since_1971

What they all said^^^^^.

Personally - I have been going to Disney World since shortly after it opened. I was 5. I went when I was a young man in college. I went on my honeymoon, and starting with our 5th anniversary in 1997 have been going every year. I have memories of the place from every trip that I can still see every time I go back. It has been a part of practically my entire life.

One of my favorite things to do is on a night when MK has evening EMH and the park has really emptied. I take a nice long, slow stroll through all the lands, and bring back all the memories. I see 'If you had wings' in Tomorrowland, the Skyway, 20,000 Leagues. I don't mourn their passing, I treasure the memories and feel blessed I was able to experience them. I chuckle as I walk past Haunted Mansion and remember how my first memory of the place was my father's knee because I was too scared to look. Walking through the whole park, I let the magic envelope me. I am at peace.

I could go on about all my favorite memories, but if I had to nail down why I go - it's that (and what they all said :))

Daniel Johnson

Memories. I remember my parents there. My dad getting pulled over at age 4. My mom losing her purse. Going to Epcot with my grandmother.
Now it's my wife, the smart comments we share. The little things we enjoy together. Seeing Rediculous people. The people We have connected with at Disney...

Memories.

Dubman

My DW and I have been married for 22 years. We honeymooned there and have been back every year except 1. It's the fact that we know no matter what we will have a good time. Making memories, looking at our son and reliving part of the Magic thru his eyes. People ask all the time why we don't take cruises, Vegas, Mexico, etc.. We know what we like to do, and disney is just part of our lives.

Last edited:

jlthomas81

Because no matter how many time we go, we can always experience new things. New rides, new resturants, new resorts. And as long as the world continues to grow and change, we always will!!

Goofy_guy

One word.

Nostalgia. When something has had as big of an impact and influence on my life and childhood (good ways of course :p) as Disney has you dont easily forget it. Going back is my way of saying Thank you!!

Longers

This year will be our 19th year and every time for a min of 14 days (we are aiming for a year of our lives spent in Disney - already on approx 270 days) we just have to keep going back, Walt Disney World holds a special place in our hearts - I can't put into words but whenever we say let's give it a miss one year we always end up re booking! I just love everything! :) It's so magical and a place to escape the real world worries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom