What is going on with the rides

Goofyernmost

Goofy is part of the fake news theory. A plot derived by an innocent tourist to take down Disney. Why would davis0042 lie?
So, which part of the fake news theory am I part of? The defending of correct information or supporting fake news. I'm not the one that is taking a very short time of experience in being able to know what is down and what isn't and implying that for some reason there are more down times then in the past? I'm the one making that assumption? Hell, he could be right, I don't know and neither does he. What my point has been is, OK, one day there were 12 attractions over 4 parks that he felt were major draw attractions that had downtime. No reference about how long it was, no knowledge of why is was down for that time and just a snide implication that things are really bad there and apparently nothing has been done to correct it. Implying that mechanical things just don't break down. Spreading that belief that might or might not influence the attitudes that other guest might have. OK, then I'll be the anti-fake news person. What the heck, everyone accepts negative as fact these days anyway. Let's continue that trend. I never said it was a conspiracy, in fact it is a much to prevalent way of life now. Let's point out things that have no basis of fact and make a big deal about it.

The entire point was that until very recently there was no way of knowing without actually standing right there, what was broken and what wasn't. For all any of us know, there might have been 12 rides down in just one park at some point. We don't have that information. So to use it as a observation point that it never happened before (in the good old days) is not based on fact. It is based on lack of knowledge combined with the other fake news that things were so much better back in the day.

Last edited:

Imagineer1952

What's going on with the rides at Disney world I have been tracking wait times for the last few days and I have been seeing a lot of major rides temporarily closed for hours I have never seen this type of closers before

Hey Davis0042! I do the same from time to time and often wondered the same things. When I went through my College Program with Disney I learned the hard way that sometimes the app itself or the service is malfunctioning and claims rides are closed when they are not. I had many people come up to FastPass at my attraction asking if the ride was down and all of the Cast Members would look at each other puzzled and be like "I don't think so..." and call inside to find out everything is running smoothly. While the MyDisneyExperience app is a great time saver tool when you're in the parks, it certainly has its flaws. When you take your next trip, I suggest checking the app regularly and if there are any noticeable abnormalities like that at an attraction you and your family want to experience, definitely make the physical walk over to the ride. Hope this helps, and have a magical trip!

Davis0042

Original Poster
Hey Davis0042! I do the same from time to time and often wondered the same things. When I went through my College Program with Disney I learned the hard way that sometimes the app itself or the service is malfunctioning and claims rides are closed when they are not. I had many people come up to FastPass at my attraction asking if the ride was down and all of the Cast Members would look at each other puzzled and be like "I don't think so..." and call inside to find out everything is running smoothly. While the MyDisneyExperience app is a great time saver tool when you're in the parks, it certainly has its flaws. When you take your next trip, I suggest checking the app regularly and if there are any noticeable abnormalities like that at an attraction you and your family want to experience, definitely make the physical walk over to the ride. Hope this helps, and have a magical trip!
Thank you that was the kind of answer I was looking for people who have had experience.

Jeff456

Maybe the app is wrong? When I was IN the parks, I would check the app and it would tell me a ride was temporarily closed, even if I was currently in line for that ride. Shrug.
Unfortunately on my trip recently, the app would show major attractions with say a 10-30 minute wait time at opening and you'd get there at rope drop and they would say there were technical problems with the ride, I suspect this was a deliberate way to spread crowds.
I even got out of the queue for the Speedway one morning (3rd day in MK so was one of few things i had not done at all, its not an attraction I usually ride) as Space Mountain which was down at 9am on opening at 930 showed a 10 minute queue, low and behold it was still shut and had never opened, in fact it didn't open for another hour or so. I rode the TTA instead, full lights on inside so clearly wasn't going to open soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom