1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

What is going on with late Nov early December availability??? Again!!!

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by 21stamps, May 16, 2017.

1. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member Original Poster

You just crushed my hopes and dreams. :( lol

Thank you. I did see those available, I just didn't want any of the choices, spilled milk at this point though, I just have to decide.
    Have you been during the holidays? Do you have suggestions? YC and BC are out because I'm not a fan of Stormalong Bay with a kid. Nothing against those resorts, I'm staying at YC sometime this Fall sans kiddo.

I guess we could do GF again for the first 4 nights, then choose another for the next 3. Either BWI or AKL.

Thank you. I'm a horrible client. Last year I had problems at work and was forced to cancel a cruise less than 60 days prior to sailing, she had booked it 7 months prior. I felt absolutely terrible bc I know she lost a lot of commission, as well as gave me a ton of advice. Then when I had to switch my Disney World dates I found a room open at WL for the latter part of my stay that wasn't booked yet.. she was working so I called and booked myself, then transferred to her name, which I think cuts into her commission as well. I don't want to do that again this year, and I have serious issues with depending on someone else. So, I'm trying to avoid a repeat.

sxeensweet likes this.
  2. mouse_luv

mouse_luv Well-Known Member

For you and the proximity you like to be to the parks, I'd choose BWI.

sxeensweet likes this.
  3. njDizFan

njDizFan Well-Known Member

I agree, I just so happen to be on David's site the other day and saw the date I was looking for in November and thought there would be more availability but it was gone the next day and nothing else is available for that month(at least not on the website -they suggest putting in a request form). I know you can get a 2 bedroom in The Sheraton Vistana Resorts down the road for like $1000 for those dates.

21stamps likes this.
  4. mousehockey37

mousehockey37 Well-Known Member

I checked the big 3 for DVC confirmed reservations. There's nothing for her window. If anything does become available on those sites, especially for a time frame like the OP's, it's gone within minutes.

5. njDizFan

njDizFan Well-Known Member

Having a slow day at work so I reached out to David's rentals, also was looking at the dates for my upcoming trip. They can get you into Saratoga Springs for those dates in a preferred Studio for $1665.

Nice resort and the price is right.

6. mousehockey37

Ok @21stamps, this is where my advice earlier comes in. SSR is next to Disney Springs. That's one of the farthest bus rides to the MK.

7. 21stamps

Thank you.

Thank you so much!! Unfortunately that resort is not one I will stay at currently. Distance is important to me, right now we spend a lot of time at MK.

I agree. It's not on my list.
    I wish AKL wasn't so intriguing to me with these choices. I actually love BWI and kiddo has never been, I'm positive he would be a fan of the slide. Did you say you stayed at AKL? Realistically, if I planned our AK and HS days for then, how long does it take to get to HS? Compared to coming from GF or Poly which is about 20 minutes, is it similar? We can Uber. Do you think the lack of convenience is worth the decorations and experience there?

I could do all of our MK time and Epcot during the first 5 days. Leaving from GF on the 5th day, returning to the second resort.

Or- we could do the opposite- 3 nights at BWI or AKL followed by 4 at GF. Thoughts?

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  8. mouse_luv

mouse_luv Well-Known Member

AKL/Villas is my second home, but we did a split stay with BWV on our last trip in January, I loved the proximity to my fave park EPCOT.
    It was too cold to swim while we were there but I'm sure your kiddo will love the pool/slide at BW and if you want to go to DHS while there it's easy to get a boat or walk the path (we did this and it took about 15 mins). AKL is going to be about a 30 min bus trip dependent on traffic and the buses come about every 20mins or so, and an uber could probably get you there in about 7 mins and same from AKL if you would choose to stay there. Your son would probably love either, so it's entirely up to you. :)

9. sxeensweet

sxeensweet Love a little Disney every day!! ;) Premium Member

Second this I love The Boardwalk. :)

mouse_luv likes this.
  10. 21stamps

Thanks for the input. One more question, does BWI have daily activities like some of the other resorts do? Anything specific to BWI?

I know you can rent surrey bikes, but do they have regular bike rentals as well?
    (ETA) Never mind on this part, there are regular bike rentals.
    We could also play tennis.
    Our second night would be a resort day. 1 at each resort.

11. mousehockey37

There are websites out there (that cannot be linked here) that give you the full scope of activities for the Boardwalk. Just a quick google search away.

sxeensweet likes this.
  12. DarthFiscus75

DarthFiscus75 Well-Known Member

I'm sad we won't be making the trip down to the world in December like last year. You are a lucky duck :)

21stamps likes this.
  13. 21stamps

Honestly, I was hoping to go for the Halloween festivities instead, but it's impossible with soccer. Too many sports to schedule around!
    That week is really the only time we can go.

DarthFiscus75 likes this.