What is everyone's favorite WDW attraction and why?

CaptainJack1971

Original Poster
My favorite attraction is either Tower of Terror or Space Mountain. I love both because I love dark rides and I love the dark tunnel for Space Mountain's queue with the outer space music and I also love the queue for ToT because its super eerie and creepy. Both of them are awesome ride experiences.

doctornick

Everest or ToT. Good combinations of theming/experience with quality thrilling rides.

(I've never ridden Everest with a working Yeti either. I'm sure that the ride would blow me away with that.)

Chef Mickey

The Haunted Mansion is an incredible ride, passing the test of time.

It's a classic dark ride with some scares, but always maintains a fun side.

I love the way you're captivated immediately from the ominous overgrown outside, to the incredible pre-show, and finally an astonishingly detailed attraction.

The audio is among the greatest at Disney and Frees is the best narrator of any WDW attraction. The organ, screams, one liners, and overall story are greatness.

It's one of those attractions that you'll quote forever. Some of my favorites.

"Hurry Back....Be sure to bring your death certificate."
"Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize."
"All our ghosts having been "dying" to meet you."
"Kindly step all the way in please."
"Of course, there's always my way."
"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

I could keep going.

danitaytay

I've always loved BTMRR and Everest because I love roller coasters without them getting too crazy.
But TSMM is definitely up there too! Despite the arm soreness that comes after lol

The Empress Lilly

My favorite attraction is either Tower of Terror or Space Mountain. I love both because I love dark rides and I love the dark tunnel for Space Mountain's queue with the outer space music and I also love the queue for ToT because its super eerie and creepy. Both of them are awesome ride experiences.
Two of my favourites! For the same reasons too. SM's tunnel music brings back so many memories. And ToT's interior is so stylish, it works together so beautifully with the old Hollywood setting of the front half of DHS.

(Also, a dark ride is not so a much any ride that takes place in the dark, but a specific kind, slow moving vehicles that take you along real sets. Pooh, Pirates, Mansion)

Tom

Beta Return
Tower of Terror.

It's the single most immersive attraction on property. Every square inch of the attraction is themed, not just the direction you're supposed to be looking.

No expense was spared. No detail was ignored.

It's the most versatile attraction on property. A few programming changes, and it's a new ride. In fact, it's a new ride every time you ride.

It's the epitome of what WDI can do, when they're not handcuffed.

FettFan

Favorite current attraction: The Haunted Mansion - For me, Haunted Mansion is everything a haunted attraction should be. It sets up a mood that is dark and dreadful (ghost host's suicide, Constance's habit of dispatching her husbands, someone about to be buried who's not completely dead yet), but augments it with lighthearted whimsy (Hitchhiking Ghosts! Singing Busts! Mummies having Tea!), and in doing so, it can be scary enough for horror buffs, but also retain a family-friendliness.
And in an era where "haunted house" generally means "psychopaths chasing you with chainsaws and trying to be EXTREEEEME!", Disney's version is VERY welcome!

Runner Up: Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover - Because it's rarely crowded, it's relaxing, and because I'm always tempted to repeat the old Pete Renaday spiel as A.I. conductor ORAC-1
"NOW APPROACHING SPACE MOUNTAIN"

Favorite extinct attraction: Horizons
Runner Up: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Submarine Voyage

Last edited:

FettFan

Tower of Terror.

It's the single most immersive attraction on property. Every square inch of the attraction is themed, not just the direction you're supposed to be looking.

No expense was spared. No detail was ignored.

It's the most versatile attraction on property. A few programming changes, and it's a new ride. In fact, it's a new ride every time you ride.

It's the epitome of what WDI can do, when they're not handcuffed.

And my personal favorite part: It blends well with its neighbors.
towerofmorroco-e1399146268789.jpg

Which doesn't sound like much by itself....until you look at examples where the show building is so out of place that it practically backhands you in the eyeballs.
soarin-building.jpg

And, to a lesser extent, Lights Motors Action has had the same problem.....if you're sitting at the top of the stadium, you see this wonderful view of a French coastal town....with the Tower Hotel, the Chinese Theater, and the Empire State and Chrysler buildings jutting up behind it.

Seriously, did they read the blueprints backwards? Why not place the stadium on the east side, where you 1. wouldn't have New York City and Hollywood popping up in the background and 2. wouldn't make the guests walk ALL THE WAY AROUND the attraction to get to their seats?

DfromATX

I have a few:

MK - #1 - Splash because of the theming and it's a nice relaxing, long ride. I tend to enjoy the boat rides, including IASW, POTC, etc... I also love Haunted Mansion. Lot's of great rides at MK!

Epcot - Living with the Land

HS - Tower of Terror because of the awesome theming and darn scarey! I like Rockin' Rollercoaster too. Someone else said because of Aerosmith and the take off, which I agree. I also enjoy The Great Movie Ride.

AK - Not my favorite park, but I guess Expedition Everest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom