What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

Thanks, I have checked out mousebits but it seems to be lacking the quantity of files that Mirc had, for example i cant find Test Track audio on there, yet i know I had seen it at Disney Central.

I do not know if there is any test track audio there. not my fav attraction. but post something in the fourms or do a search.

i think dolbyman is just about the only fserver on #DC.

nowisthetime

Forgive me if this a dumb question but... how do those newsgroups work?? :veryconfu

first, you need to find out if your ISP provides access to newsgroups. go to their homepage or call to find out. or you can use a paysite like giganews. that is who I use. the pay sites 99% of the time have a longer retention then most ISP's do. then get a newsgroup reader. you can use Outlook express or another one. just do a google search. then plug in all the information you need to and download the info. there is a wealth of information about newsgroups on the web. you will find a whole LOT of audio on the newsgroups. make a request and usually is answered in a timely manner.

BwanaBob

I'm very dissapointed in this "glitch" in getting files from #DC using Invision.

I have tried several times... and I get nothing.

...Yet it wasn't that long ago everything worked fine. Is this because all the residents who hosted have all but left?

Dolbyman?
Marni?

Maybe you guys could PM me. I'm on Mousebits now... but sheesh! Ain't like it used to be.

dolbyman

it's not that hard to download even with this glitch .... hope I'll meet you in the channel so I can guide you through ..

I might be the only one left serving .. but I have a large bandwidth .. (around 5mbit/s) so you can download many files at once

SewIn2Disney

I'm sorry if this has been asked---I scanned through a few pages, and didn't see anything, but is there anyway to get the files you have downloaded onto DVD? I have a DVD burner on my computer, and I'm assuming that I have to transcode the file, but is it even possible? I usually use videora or a program similar to that to transcode files for my ipod, would this work to take the torrent files and put them on a DVD? Has anyone done it before, is it easy? Thanks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ Yep, it`s easy. Any commercial DVD authoring/burning program should accept regular video files (MPEG,WMV,AVI,MP4 etc) and burn them to disc to watch on TV.

SewIn2Disney

I seem to be having problems---and I figured it was because it was a "torrent" and not a regular file. It tells me that my files aren't valid or something like that. Do you know what I have to transcode it from and to? I've never had a problem burning stuff to DVD before---including shows I've recorded off of the tv, and videos shot from my camera---but I don't get the Travel Channel so I depend on MouseBits to get that to me---and while I didn't have a problem putting the travel channel specials on my iPod, I'm having a problem transcoding them for DVD.

t3techcom18

Hey, I have several issues with IRC at the moment. If it all possible, is there anybody who has copies or extra links to the IRC/Invision guide?

That, and Dolby: For some odd reason, when I click on some of your files, it says Directory Invaild. Is this a part of the the settings I have yet to put up that are in the guide or something? It's been a lonnnnng while since I used mIRC and D-C, so I sorta need a refresher.

dolbyman

That, and Dolby: For some odd reason, when I click on some of your files, it says Directory Invaild.
it's a glitch in the invision file brwoser .. either switch to an alternative (like sysreset) or type the file get manually (enter the desired directory and type get filename.extension .. so like get splashmointainloop.mp3

Kingdom WDW

Or, you can copy and paste the file, you might be typing with the extra xxMB.

Like Dolby said, you should just type "get splashmountainloop.mp3"

Laura

Premium Member
Can someone help me? I've been trying for a year and a half now to figure out how to download park music using Snak (on a Mac). When I had a windows computer I used MIRC and it was easy. I cannot figure out Snak for the life of me. Can someone who has used it explain to me how to view the directory of music? I can log on to Disney Central but after that I'm lost.

Laura

Premium Member
Ok so I am so desperate I installed Windows on my Macbook so I can use Disney Central again. I used it all the time years ago and found it very simple but now I'm completely lost.

None of the links in this thread work anymore and I can't find a place to download Invision. So I installed mIRC and also SysReset instead of Invision. After a lot of messing around I figured out how to look at some categories, but I don't know where to go from here. This is where I am now...

PHP:
> dir
<Dolbyman> 11SysReset 2.55
<Dolbyman> [\*.*]
<Dolbyman> 3D VIDEOS
<Dolbyman> AUDIO
<Dolbyman> DISNEY CRUISE LINE
<Dolbyman> DISNEY LAND (CA)
<Dolbyman> DISNEY SEAS (TOK)
<Dolbyman> DISNEY WORLD (FL)
<Dolbyman> DISNEYLAND (HK)
<Dolbyman> EURO DISNEY (PA)
<Dolbyman> NON DISNEY PARKS
<Dolbyman> PICS
<Dolbyman> TRAVEL CHANNEL SPECIALS AND COMMERCIALS
<Dolbyman> PODMultiWeb.mov 67.9MB
<Dolbyman> End of list.

So what do I type from here to actually open those categories and download a file? I am SO lost for some reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom