what if we got rid of BTTF?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Yeah.... I read that as well from the Orlando Sent...

Well if they are smart... they will just re-tool and update the Ride...just in time for the DVD's to come out...like the ET situation...

The brass at Universal are more likely to upgrade that thing ..rather than tear it down....

DigitalDisney

Tear down BTTF? It's one of the park's landmark rides. During the busy season, the ride still gets rediculously long lines even with its high capacity.

HMGhost13

Original Poster
well they won't tear it down but replace the ride with another movie and car that everyone can relate to. this gault guy has made many radical changes as someone on another board put it, and he's not taking into account employee loyalty and ride popularity. infact it's the ONLY ride he's mentioned at all about changing.

Luau Cove

Back to the future trilogy is always underestimated in all senses. First, with the ride: It took 5 years for Universal to realize people wanted a BTTF ride. Then with the DVD's - I can believe any unsuccesful summer teen movie gets on DVD in some months while BTTF doesn't have DVD because Universal doesn't provide the money to produce it. Now, they want to replace the ride. This is unbelievable, I mean the attraction is rather new. In fact, beside MIB and T2, BTTF is the newest ride, and what's more hard to believe is that this ride is Universal's most popular attraction along with MIB. If www.bttf.com express their severe opinion against Universal CEO, they are completely right.

-->luau

howlin_mad

Originally posted by Luau Cove
This is unbelievable, I mean the attraction is rather new. In fact, beside MIB and T2, BTTF is the newest ride, and what's more hard to believe is that this ride is Universal's most popular attraction along with MIB.

That's stretching it a bit too far. BTTF has been operating in the park for many years now and most of it's technology is considered outdated. What about Jaws and Twister? In addition to MiB and T2, those are four major rides that opened well after BTTF. We all know that hardly any rides were operational when USF first opened, but the opening of BTTF was close enough to the grand opening of USF that it can be considered an original attraction in the park.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by howlin_mad

What about Jaws and Twister? In addition to MiB and T2, those are four major rides that opened well after BTTF.

That is true, though Jaws was originally opened when the park opened and rapidly closed again. However, Twister doesn't get even half of the people BTTF gets in one day, and not to talk about the "classic-ness" of both movies. BTTF is now considered one the most perfect scripts of science fiction.
I can't understand how Universal's president will close the most popular ride, and he can't even understand people don't go because it's a simulator, they keep coming because of the movie, if not ask Hanna-Barbera's. It's as stupid as replacing King Kong with Godzilla.

-->Luau

cymbaldiva

Okay - call me dumb, but I can't find the article of which you speak...but anyway - they CAN'T take away BTTF! One of my fav rides, and one of the only reasons I bother to step off of WDW property when I'm in Orlando! They just can't!

cymbaldiva

I saw where it's still on the BTTF front page, but when I go to the link to read more, I find nothing - can someone please give me the 411? Thanks in advance!

MKCustodial

The guy has go to be HIGH!!! Ok, besides Spider-Man, which really is au concour, ask anyone what's their best simulator, ever. Obviously it's BTTF. I may get flamed, but I like it a lot better than Body Wars, and better than Star Tours.
This is DUMB!!!! :brick:

By the way, guys, do you know about the changes in ET? Is it just the pre-show movie? And anybody has any news on the Kong front?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom