What I learned from Hurricane Frances

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the spirit of lightening things up, here's a thread to highlight the lessons I learned from this "hurricane" (if you wanna criticize, don't reply)

#1- When a British tourist is arrested for violating curfew, it is VERY hard to contact the British Consulate.

#2- My truck can't be killed. I removed a good part of a tree that landed on it, and it just jumped back up. No damage, drove right off.

#3- Apple sauce and pop-rocks are good eating

#4- You don't need to be in a cabin to have cabin fever

#5- OnCommand movies are a godsend. But don't watch the Day after Tomorrow during a hurricane. That's bad karma.

#6- When there's nothing left to do, drink the night away

#7- Having an ordained minister as a roommate is a good thing during a national disaster.

#8- Come hell or high water, the simpsons or drew carey will not be pre-empted (11pm syndicated episodes still aired :D )

what did you learn?

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
oh yeah, also, hurricanes are a good way to lose weight. I've lost 3 lbs in the last 2 days.. lol

barnum42

mkt said:
#1- When a British tourist is arrested for violating curfew, it is VERY hard to contact the British Consulate.

#2- My truck can't be killed. I removed a good part of a tree that landed on it, and it just jumped back up. No damage, drove right off.
#1 - Does not surprise me one bit. A depressingly large number of people over here feel they are above everyone else and can do what they damn well please. Now unless it was a genuine mistake made under the stress of an unfamiliar situation, I'm glad at least your police force did not let them wriggle out of it.

#2 - On the BBC show Top Gear they took an old Toyota Hilux, drove it into several solid objects, dropped a caravan on it, tethered it to a boat jetty so it would be covered by the sea - they did not tether it well enough and it was dragged away, but they recovered it, took the sand out of the engine and it still drove. In the end they set fire to it and parked it at the top of a tall block of flats then demolished said flats with explosives. They were STILL able to drive it into the studio. Although the chasis had snapped and it was being held together by the bodywork. At no point did they replace anything other that the windscreen which was pushed out by the sea.

There is not a lot on it, but a little article here http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/prog25/toyota.shtml

barnum42

mkt said:
oh yeah, also, hurricanes are a good way to lose weight. I've lost 3 lbs in the last 2 days.. lol
I suspect the same is not true for Speck76 - it seems he and his dog just looked out the window and ate for the duration :lol:

DDuckFan130

mkt said:
That is definitely true for me :lol:. I was just not in the mood to eat, and plus I was sick with the cold so that added to the loss of appetite.

Lucky for you, you got to see the Simpsons and Drew Carey (I only saw it on Friday...big shock). I was hoping for some Whose line on Saturday on ABC but of course I didn't see it. Back to cable it was then for my television entertainment.

TravisMT81

I think I lost weight too during the hurricane, but today I a junk food day had Wendy's for lunch. Then had a turkey wrap for dinner (healthy-lowcarb) but then pigged out with some cookie dough YUM.

Atta83

Ugh i have had fast food for three days in a row and man now i need to go run and lose weight....and i didnt even have a storm come through....

celticdog

mkt said:
#3- Apple sauce and pop-rocks are good eating

So, do you put the applesauce in mouth first or the pop rocks? :confused:

What happens if you mix applesauce with orange flavored pop rocks? You know, you can't compare apples and oranges. :hammer:

speck76

I am not sure how or why, but I drank an entire case of 35 bottles of water during the storm.

Good thing the lift stations did not lose power! :D

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
celticdog said:
So, do you put the applesauce in mouth first or the pop rocks? :confused:

What happens if you mix applesauce with orange flavored pop rocks? You know, you can't compare apples and oranges. :hammer:

mixed :D

Motts Magic Mix-ins, courtesy of the kids meals in my hotels.

These were the only things I could get out of the work kitchen without getting yelled at. So I did. In bulk.

another thing I learned. Employees get $1 bottled beers at the gift shop while off duty :D

wsapooh

This could work for hurricanes too..I learned this one being stranded at WDW on 9/11/01...

Ingredients:
1 bottle of rum
1 deck of cards
1 package of Tart-N-Tinys

Play blackjack with cards and use the Tart-N-Tinys as your chips.
Eat your profits and wash down with rum.

TheDisneyGirl02

Wow...who would have thought so many lessons could be learned during a hurricane! Apple sause and pop rocks...interesting combination...kinda tempted to try it during first big snow storm of the year up here! That's the only time we are stuck in the house!

MKT, glad your trucks ok...too bad my windshield didn't do that and go back together after my car accident!

TheDisneyGirl02

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom